85 Casita Shower Water - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #1

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 1985 16ft Casita Front Bath
Colorado
85 Casita Shower Water

I just bought a 1985 Casita 16ft. The shower drain hose goes near the black drain and is then capped off! It does not empty into the black tank, it just stops there.

Can anyone tell me the story around this? Was there once a grey tank there, was there an option of a grey tank there? Were all 1985 16ft's this way?

Anyone had this problem and what was the fix? Has anyone installed a grey tank for the shower in a 1985 16ft Casita?

Aaron in Colorado
aaronet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:24 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
I'm not am expert on Casitas, as my experience is with 3 motorhomes and a newer 13" Scamp deluxe. For what it's worth, I've never heard of the shower (gray) water draining into the black water tank. Are you sure that someone hasen't removed the gray water tank from unit. If you were to plumb the gray water into the black water tank it wouldn't take long to fill up this tank which I would not recommend. Good luck, Ron
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
the 85 model has no gray tank and black/gray connections when they later installed a 13 gal gray tank had separate dumps...... you should be able to get a 13 gal tank under there.
I posted pics on the casita site you posted to.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:49 PM   #4

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 1985 16ft Casita Front Bath
Colorado
To repeat: "The shower drain hose goes near the black drain and is then capped off! It does not empty into the black tank, it just stops there."

I just sold my 20ft Mini motorhome and the shower water drained into the 15 gallon black tank and the sink water drained into the 15 gallon gray tank only!

Aaron in Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
I'm not am expert on Casitas, as my experience is with 3 motorhomes and a newer 13" Scamp deluxe. For what it's worth, I've never heard of the shower (gray) water draining into the black water tank. Are you sure that someone hasen't removed the gray water tank from unit. If you were to plumb the gray water into the black water tank it wouldn't take long to fill up this tank which I would not recommend. Good luck, Ron
aaronet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita