1976 Ventura Camper - Need some advice / help - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2015, 01:59 PM   #21

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Ventura
Saskatchewan
New fridge location! Interior is getting a complete makeover as well. She needs to be complete by aug 14 so once finished I'll post more pics! Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1437940719.791424.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	87123Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1437940749.702291.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	87124

Sooo much work but so rewarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Merc1fuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #22

Saskatchewan
The box on the front is going to house 2 6v Trojan T-105 batteries, 30amp fuse panel and battery charger.
Also installed an outdoor plug as you can see for convenience :-)
Refurbished the rock guard, replaced the old sheets with that plastic used for lean to's (spelling??). It is really strong with and has UV protection!

Cleaned all of the aluminium I could, windows, belly band, ect..
New trim on belly band and windows as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 09-30-2015, 02:40 PM   #23

Name: Jason
Trailer: Lionel
British Columbia
Wiring diagram

I'm trying to fix my furnace and it's the same model as yours! Please tell me you have a wiring diagram or could possibly take a close up pic I would really appreciate it
MEDHBSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:07 PM   #24

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Ontario
Ventura rebuild

Hi Shawn,
I know it is about a year ago that you were working on your trailer but I am just beginning to tackle mine and have a few questions that I hope you can answer. I am thinking of moving my kitchen to the front as well and am wondering if you think doing so has affected the weight distribution and handling of your trailer.
Do you recall how you lifted the floor? just by prying or did you cut away sections?
Thanks.
Patricia D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 07:04 AM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I hope Shawn comes back to answer your questions. It's been a while since we've seen him: Last Activity: 10-31-2015 02:04 PM
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2022, 12:30 PM   #26

Saskatchewan
Im back!

hey guys, sorry I disappeared for the past 7 years but life got pretty busy!

This poor camper has been sitting in my father in-laws garage for the past 5years and I am driving from Ontario to Saskatchewan next week to finally pick it up.

To answer the question related to weight distribution and fridge placement, I have had no issues with it. I did install a buttons / snaps with a vinyl material to put over the exhaust grills when driving to prevent water from entering the camper if its raining, just need to remember to remove them when you park.

Happy to take a picture of the heater when I go pick it up.. assuming you still need help with wiring yours 7 yrs later (really hope you got this figured out!)

Will share some photos in a few weeks once I get it, still have interior work to do on it, but its 85% complete.
Cheers all!
Old 09-21-2022, 02:53 PM   #27

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 19 Deluxe
Enchanted Mountains of Western New York State on the Amish Trail in Cattaraugus County!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1fuL View Post
hey guys, sorry I disappeared for the past 7 years but life got pretty busy!

This poor camper has been sitting in my father in-laws garage for the past 5years and I am driving from Ontario to Saskatchewan next week to finally pick it up.

To answer the question related to weight distribution and fridge placement, I have had no issues with it. I did install a buttons / snaps with a vinyl material to put over the exhaust grills when driving to prevent water from entering the camper if its raining, just need to remember to remove them when you park.

Happy to take a picture of the heater when I go pick it up.. assuming you still need help with wiring yours 7 yrs later (really hope you got this figured out!)

Will share some photos in a few weeks once I get it, still have interior work to do on it, but its 85% complete.
Cheers all!
Sitting for 5 years! Think I'd replace the two tires before I traveled any distance. How long were they on there before it was parked? General consists around here is that trailer tires become maypops after 5 years.
parmm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ventura