Lil Snoozy Fiberglass Shell Construction - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #41

Name: Greg
Trailer: Just looking
NC
The new 8000 btu model coming out in 2015 is only 12.5" high, so I guess it could always set under the camper on rainy days. I think there would be enough clearance under the Snoozy. I was also wondering about the plastic pipes. Wouldn't they need some type of insulation wrapped around them on very hot sunny days or very cold nights? What's your advice Paul? You have user experience.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #42

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg489 View Post
The new 8000 btu model coming out in 2015 is only 12.5" high, so I guess it could always set under the camper on rainy days. I think there would be enough clearance under the Snoozy. I was also wondering about the plastic pipes. Wouldn't they need some type of insulation wrapped around them on very hot sunny days or very cold nights? What's your advice Paul?
There is certainly some energy loss with the hoses. But, in my experience with my 2500BTU PetCool, if I keep the connection hoses short, it isn't a problem. If I want to set the unit further away and user longer hoses, it becomes more of an issue. I would not suggest insulating them, though, because condensation will happen anyway, and will soak the insulation, and it becomes cumbersome, ugly, and generally yucky.

I have found the biggest problem with the portable unit is finding a way to secure it. Not impossible, but needs to be taken into consideration.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:29 PM   #43

Name: Greg
Trailer: Just looking
NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Greg, I to do not really like the look of the window air conditioner hanging out the back of the Snoozy either, but do like the fact it can easily be replaced with a unit found at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, or other places like these. This fact makes it easier to put up with the looks.
I agree with you Dave on the ease of replacement due to a failure during a camping trip. We have a 6000 btu from Lowe's in the front wall of our popup and it has worked great for about 4 camping seasons. If it ever goes out it would be a pretty simple switch out as well.
That's something I keep coming back to with the Snoozy design. Easy & cheap to replace
Old 10-02-2014, 05:37 PM   #44

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg489 View Post
Hey Mike, Are your wood strips glassed over and a permanent part of the wall structure or just attached with construction adhesive?
They are not glassed over, but I thought I was told (could have misunderstood though) that they used FG resin/hardener mix on the backside to adhere it. Whatever it is, I was told that it would tolerate a lot of stress and abuse without separating.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy