Hepvo shower valve in a Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #1

Name: Glenn
Trailer: 2017 Bigfoot 25RQ
Virginia
Hepvo shower valve in a Scamp

Has anyone plumbed a hepvo shower valve into the scamp shower to prevent gray water backup and odors?
SSBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:55 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The Hepvo valve is a Casita solution to replace a gravity feed drain and P trap to the greywater tank. If you have a early model Scamp W/O a shower pump it may help. The older Scamps had a screw in plug in the shower drain to keep water from backing up into the shower pan. If you have a later model Scamp with a shower pump it's no way odors can get back into the shower drain from the grey water tank since the pump has/acts as a check valve. If you have odors in a later model scamp clean your pump strainer and rinse/and clean your shower trap. I think even the later model scamps should have the screw in shower drain stopper.
Eddie
Scamp Greywater tank vent lines loop over and vent below the floor.
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:28 PM   #3

Virginia
if I replace the trap on the shower with a hepvo valve, will it cause any problems with the pump moving water to the gray tank. I wouldn't think so.

I have a pump and it works to my knowledge albeit noisily with lots of sucking noises.

I do have odors but I haven't been able to isolate them to gray or black.

I know the black vents straight out the wall and below the window. 2002 Scamp 19'

I have had gray water in the shower pan Because I failed to screw the drain plug in. The hepvo should prevent that from happening even if I forget.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #4

Scamp bath odor issues. The bolts holding the toilet to the tank sometimes loosen up or you just need to replace the tank to toilet seal under the base trim ring. Is you bowl holding water that is part of your seal. You may have to clean the ball seal in the bottom of the toilet. Also Odorlos waste treatment in the black water tanks works real well. Available at Amazon or Camping World.
The Hepvo valve would work but you have to reduce the drain line from 1.5" to .5" and you need to keep the filter in the line before the pump.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:21 PM   #5

Virginia
I'll check the bolts holding the toilet down.

The bowl holds water and the ball and rubber look good.

As fat as the seal between the toilet and the tank that might be my next investigation. I think Scamp uses a wax ring. I have a porcelain bowl so why not a wax ring. I've never had one apart and no real desire to take it apart but I may have to investigate that as well.

I'll do the standard PMS and see how it goes.

I think I'm going to eliminate both p traps with hepvo valves though before winterizing.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:34 PM   #6

The wax seal goes between the tank bottom and the shower floor. The tank to bowl seal is rubber (4 bolts) about $20. used on both the 711 and 911 M28 toilets Also time to put a water shut off valve in the water feed line to the toilet. Lowes sells the white plastic valve for your 1/2" PEX water feed line.(Not at HD.)
Old 10-03-2016, 03:18 PM   #7

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
The wax seal goes between the tank bottom and the shower floor. The tank to bowl seal is rubber (4 bolts) about $20. used on both the 711 and 911 M28 toilets Also time to put a water shut off valve in the water feed line to the toilet. Lowes sells the white plastic valve for your 1/2" PEX water feed line.(Not at HD.)
The only seal I found was $60

Appliances : Sealand Seal Kit

Doesn't look like it takes 4 bolts though.

Besides the wax ring

Plumbing : Wax Ring For Toilet
Old 10-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #8

FWIW: You should have a Dometic Sealand 711 M28 toilet, Manuals and IPB are on line if you don't have any.
Sealand 341549 Toilet Floor Flange Seal 310063 . Any RV Parts ,is the tank to bowl seal. $18.49 & shipping. Note this side up when installing. You have to punch the bolt holes out of the new seal.
Not sure what the Scamp seal is. Maybe the bowl to black pedestal seal.
Eddie
Eddie
Old 10-03-2016, 04:20 PM   #9

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
FWIW: You should have a Dometic Sealand 711 M28 toilet, Manuals and IPB are on line if you don't have any.
Sealand 341549 Toilet Floor Flange Seal 310063 . Any RV Parts ,is the tank to bowl seal. $18.49 & shipping. Note this side up when installing. You have to punch the bolt holes out of the new seal.
Not sure what the Scamp seal is. Maybe the bowl to black pedestal seal.
Eddie
Eddie
Thank you for your help. I'll get this thing squared away and add the valve while I'm at it.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:45 AM   #10

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Please let us know how it goes. Like you I'm a big fan of Hepvos.
On the shower drain in my Bigfoot, it just isn't practical to eliminate the p-trap, but I installed a Hepvo anyway, to get rid of the blade valve.
Regarding comments of black vs grey odors, I think you'd know pretty quickly if it was from the black tank if you use the toilet, even if just for liquid.

Walt

Tags
scamp