Scamp 13 Pros and cons of bathroom - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #61

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Ken how could you offend? OP asked for opinions. Your observations seem valid to me.

Having had both I would be reluctant to give up the space in the 13 but bathroom was sometimes very convenient when I had a larger camper. It may be that the OP will decide that getting larger camper is worth it to have that convenience you mention.

So much depends on how and where you camp. My sister more often than not camps where they have sewer hook up at their site. Myself I'm more likely to pick someplace that any "dump station" will have to be dug by yours truly. Or involve a drive to some other location. Have done both in the past, lived through it so it must not have been all that bad.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:56 PM   #62

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Once we're dressed the curtains come open.
You wait until you're dressed to open the curtains? Where's the fun in that???

to the OP: I've never had a 13'er, but in general I've found that a comfy sitting place without having to unmake the bed is a highly desirable feature. Even more desirable than a shower, which I do value. (A porta potti makes a toilet unnecessary IMO).
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 04:56 PM   #63

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
I'm with mike. My 13 has the sofa where I can sit down if desired without making bed. I use porta potti for urgent night calls and camp showers and toilets for all the rest.

I would have preferred a 13 deluxe for the little front dinette, but I bought used and was blessed with what I found. To me the shower and bathroom in a 13 is a space grabber, but to each his own. I have a gray tank and dirty dishwater is all I want to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #64

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOleMan View Post
But with the bathroom the OP would have the option of staying inside, (rain, wind, etc.) or exploring the vast outdoors in the middle of the night. As for me I really like "options".
Some people camp to enjoy the outdoors, some people camp to fuss with stuff. To each their own.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:39 PM   #65

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron Kinnaman View Post
Some people camp to enjoy the outdoors, some people camp to fuss with stuff. To each their own.
Some people camp, some travel, so some need a camper and some need a travel trailer...To each his own.
floyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #66

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampyTime View Post
I'm with mike. My 13 has the sofa where I can sit down if desired without making bed. I use porta potti for urgent night calls and camp showers and toilets for all the rest.

I would have preferred a 13 deluxe for the little front dinette, but I bought used and was blessed with what I found. To me the shower and bathroom in a 13 is a space grabber, but to each his own. I have a gray tank and dirty dishwater is all I want to deal with.

Let's see 54" out of 120" equals 45% of the interior already dedicated as a place to sit.
16% seems a fair concession for a complete and private shower, sink and toilet.
Add to that the utility of the extra closet space and the dinette/bed concession starts to look generous.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:39 PM   #67

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
.....but I can always find a loo to empty my porta-potty.
Anyplace you can dump your porta-potty, I can dump my black AND gray water. Try that with your porta-potty
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BlueToteProject.pdf (164.3 KB, 23 views)
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 04:54 AM   #68

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
I like that I can sleep 3 adults in my scamp. My two adult children sleep on the dinette bed and I sleep on the lower bunk of the sofa. That's more important to me as an option than a bathroom and shower.

CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 10:06 AM   #69

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampyTime View Post
I like that I can sleep 3 adults in my scamp. My two adult children sleep on the dinette bed and I sleep on the lower bunk of the sofa. That's more important to me as an option than a bathroom and shower.

That is precisely why the bunks make objective sense and are the right choice for many Scamp owners...a place for people to sleep. Simple choice is another good reason.
Strawmen can sleep outside.
Old 12-06-2014, 02:28 PM   #70

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Now my ParkLiner is only 15' long and I wouldn't trade that bathroom for anything lol...but like its been said...its all about what you need out of the trailer. I almost bought a Scamp 13 deluxe and I would have been doing the bed every morning....but its only me. Families have different needs.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:40 AM   #71

Name: Annette & Wendy
Trailer: Scamp 13
Virginia
Registry
Thank you all for your advice and suggestions regarding choosing to have a bathroom or not. It helped a lot in making our decision. We chose not to get the bathroom in our 2015 13' Scamp. We love the openness and extra space for sitting and sleeping.

We'll use the porta-potty at night and are going to try CleanWaste's Toilet in a Bag option to manage the waste. We want an option that's environmentally-friendly and this seems to be the best bet for the baby Scamp.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:25 PM   #72

Name: Danny
Trailer: Scamp
Texas
Here is what we did! The dinette is a permanent bed with a privacy curtain at each end of the kitchen cabinet that can be let out to separate either the front section or the bed section.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF3955.jpg   DSCF3952.jpg  

Laughingindian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bathroom, scamp, scamp 13