Outback Trillium? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2018, 10:54 AM   #21

Name: Al
Trailer: OutBack Trillium Trailer
British Columbia
BUYER BEWARE

I have finally completed my comprehensive REVIEW of OUTBACK CUSTOM TRAVEL TRAILERS and my experience with them.

I have created a web page as a Review as it is too long & has too many photos to post here.

http://www.coupeservices.com/trilliu...ers-review.php
agcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:55 AM   #22

Name: Kat
Trailer: In the market!
British Columbia
Armadillo!

So, I went to the RV show in penticton this past weekend & spent some time sitting in an Armadillo. Man those things are beautiful - and locally made, and don't appear to have any hideously unhappy owners (or attempted owners...)!
katnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:14 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by katnz View Post
So, I went to the RV show in penticton this past weekend & spent some time sitting in an Armadillo. Man those things are beautiful - and locally made, and don't appear to have any hideously unhappy owners (or attempted owners...)!
Mike & Jason at Armadillo make a beautiful trailer, in my mind equal quality to the Bigfoot but the buyer has the opportunity to modify and customize the build to their taste (within reason)
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:53 PM   #24

Name: Kat
Trailer: In the market!
British Columbia
The Armadillos are just so beautiful & so well made. And Mike & Jason put together a comprehensive quote for my dream trailer really quickly - they're super nice guys!
katnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:58 AM   #25

Name: Yin
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Alberta
Given the continuing issues with outback trillium, any recommendations on who I can turn to for a complete interior renovation of my Trillium 1300 in Calgary?
Hoping to spend 5-10K at the end of the season...
yingenics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 01:37 PM   #26

Name: Barrett
Trailer: Trillium Outback
British Columbia
latest report on Trillium Outback company

hello,

what i experienced is as follows

i just got my custom ordered 2019 trillium outback trailer from the outback trailer folks (joe thoen and family) in rockyview alberta (near calgary) and the trailer was just great and also the entire experience dealing with the trillium outback folks was really very good

joe thoen (the head of the trillium outback outfit) was endlessly patient and helpful answering all my questions, giving advise on the best customizing choices and explaining everything in a way a newcommer can understand

the company is a small family business who must operate within certain restraints on cash flow (ie advance down payment deposit and final payout at time of fabrication completion) and really, this is only to be expected for a little business this size but they were very reasonable and accomoding every step of the way no matter what came up on scheduling, making payments, adjusting the custom order spec and so forth

because they can only fabricate a limited number of units at one time i had to schedule a 'winter build' when i placed my order in the summer of 2018

this turned out to be a real good deal because they included some 'no-charge' upgrades because my order was a 'winter build' and so i got some nice upgrade extras i wasn't originally going order because of the costs

i drove out to their business place outside calgary to take delivery and enjoyed meeting joe and his sons and other staff and they even loaned their shop license plate for me to tow the trailer back to bc

all and all a very positive experience

last thoughts-

this is the most common sense trailer out there for those that don't want to lug a huge unit everywhere plus it is endlessly customizable and comes in at what i thought was a fair and reasonable price

i got the front dinette option (place to sit when main dinette is still made up as the double berth) with electric brakes, twin propane tanks, twin 6v batteries, solar self-charging (all for max non-hook-up camping) and the portapotty modification (portable chemical toilet in special underseat cabinet)

mine sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults + 2 kids

hope this review of the trillium outback company and their awsome little trailer helps you

all the best

mr b
Attached Thumbnails
D1FCCBDF-C858-450C-BF0D-FF2B39120860.jpeg   C93EC151-1C92-42D6-96DF-788979AA6A72.jpeg  

Mr B from BC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium