AZ 2020 Feb 10-17: Western Winter Blast Fireworks, Lake Havasu City, AZ - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #1

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
2020 Feb 10-17: Western Winter Blast Fireworks, Lake Havasu City, AZ

I know it is early, but since the camping area usually fills by December, and they only hold the sites folks were in this year until July 31 before making them available to all, I wanted to post some information about the 2020 Western Winter Blast.

The SARA Rodeo Grounds provides a dry campsite (a marked section of a parking lot large enough to include your trailer & tow vehicle and reasonable space between sites, central water fill stations are available, and scheduled pump outs & propane available) for a week (Monday February 10th to Monday February 17th, 2020) with 4 evenings of fireworks, both individual samples & shows for 4 hours, Thursday - Sunday. If the Dome Rock Rally is scheduled at the usual dates, this will be the week after the rally.

Cost is a non refundable donation to the Rodeo of $150.00 for the week, plus $30.00 if you want to add the three barbecue dinners. They will try to get us together as a group if you put "Fiberglass" in the group field when registering. We had 5 trailers in the fiberglass group this year. More information & registration is at Havasu Rodeo & Events.

For those not interested in staying in the park, there is a BLM area across AZ 95 from the rodeo grounds that has a good view of the fireworks, however it is usually very packed.

I have a journal that includes links to lots of photos the 2019 event starting here.

Hope to see those interested at the event!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I can add a bit of experienced wisdom to this thread. Do not Bring your animals, do not bring your animals, do not bring your animals! Lol, my 2 dogs are a pain in the best of times and being that close together in a parking lot was not a great situation. They handled the fireworks pretty well on wed but as the place filled up on thursday we decided to pull out. I imagine the fireworks and booms and bangs probably greatly increased over what we saw on wed. I know that that is the whole idea but believe me if you have any doubts don't bring your animals. All in all the accomadations were fine, the showers were adequate, water was abundant, and everyone we met was more than friendly.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 11:53 AM   #3

New York
Registry
I just received an email from Sandi (the coordinator of the camping at the rodeo grounds) and we have 3 fiberglass trailers signed up for the week. The earlier you sign up, the more likely we can be together as a group.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:18 AM   #4

New York
Registry
Only 45 sites left in the park. If interested, register soon...
Old 01-28-2020, 02:02 PM   #5

Name: Richard
Trailer: Escape 21
Texas
I paid to stay at the Rodeo Fairgrounds for the fireworks back in March. However I haven't received any confirmation.

What is the process for getting a site at the fairgrounds? Should I contact someone about it?
Old 01-28-2020, 02:38 PM   #6

New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
I paid to stay at the Rodeo Fairgrounds for the fireworks back in March. However I haven't received any confirmation.

What is the process for getting a site at the fairgrounds? Should I contact someone about it?
If you want to confirm your reservation, you can check with the organizer - sandi@campbellredimix.com
Old 01-28-2020, 07:46 PM   #7

Texas
Thanks. I sent her an e-mail.
Old 01-29-2020, 10:48 AM   #8

Texas
I received a reply from Sandi that we do have a space reserved. She gave me some additional information for finding the parking location.

The best address to use is: 1799 S. McCulloch Blvd., Lake Havasu City, AZ 86406 This address will get you to the entrance of SARA park. You will see a dog park on the left. The rodeo grounds is just around the curve (1/2 mile) from the dog park.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:24 PM   #9

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Jon, I want to see the Havasu fireworks pictures.
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:43 PM   #10

New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Jon, I want to see the Havasu fireworks pictures.
Here is a page that has links to well over 100 shots over the 4 nights.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:03 AM   #11

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Thanks, Jon -- better than ever! Maybe at the Q-rally next time I'll think to bring some fireworks.
Attached Thumbnails
MoriarityA.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 10:57 PM   #12

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
Lake Havasu Pyrotecnics 2020

Hi Jon
Thanks for posting such great shots of the fireworks. It was a fun week and looking back at these are such a treat.
Paula
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:37 PM   #13

California
Registry
2021 Havasu fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
I know it is early, but since the camping area usually fills by December, and they only hold the sites folks were in this year until July 31 before making them available to all, I wanted to post some information about the 2020 Western Winter Blast.

The SARA Rodeo Grounds provides a dry campsite (a marked section of a parking lot large enough to include your trailer & tow vehicle and reasonable space between sites, central water fill stations are available, and scheduled pump outs & propane available) for a week (Monday February 10th to Monday February 17th, 2020) with 4 evenings of fireworks, both individual samples & shows for 4 hours, Thursday - Sunday. If the Dome Rock Rally is scheduled at the usual dates, this will be the week after the rally.

Cost is a non refundable donation to the Rodeo of $150.00 for the week, plus $30.00 if you want to add the three barbecue dinners. They will try to get us together as a group if you put "Fiberglass" in the group field when registering. We had 5 trailers in the fiberglass group this year. More information & registration is at Havasu Rodeo & Events.

For those not interested in staying in the park, there is a BLM area across AZ 95 from the rodeo grounds that has a good view of the fireworks, however it is usually very packed.

I have a journal that includes links to lots of photos the 2019 event starting here.

Hope to see those interested at the event!
Hi Jon
So far there are about 18 of us reserved for 2021. Hope you can be there too!
Paula
Old 07-17-2020, 10:39 PM   #14

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Thanks, Jon -- better than ever! Maybe at the Q-rally next time I'll think to bring some fireworks.
Myron
Please consider all the folks that have dogs and cats in their rigs if you shoot off fireworks at Q..
Thanks
Paula
Old 07-18-2020, 11:01 AM   #15

New York
Registry
I'm planning to take a break from the fireworks next year. Hopefully not a break from Arizona, but the way things are going, I may not get out of Oswego for the winter. In any case, I hope all has a great time!
Old 07-18-2020, 11:56 AM   #16

California
Registry
Havasu 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
I'm planning to take a break from the fireworks next year. Hopefully not a break from Arizona, but the way things are going, I may not get out of Oswego for the winter. In any case, I hope all has a great time!
Hope all is good. We'll miss you!
Take good care of yourself.
Paula
Old 07-18-2020, 12:13 PM   #17

New York
Registry
Thanks! Here is a different kind of fireworks. We finally had a mostly clear evening so I took a couple of photos of the Neowise comet over Lake Ontario:
Attached Thumbnails
_JRV2004.jpg   _JV33307.jpg  

Tags
havasu