Oliver Production Suspended 'till 2010 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 AM   #21

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
Cherie, how did they go about fixing your roof leak. I am not a member of the oliver forum, so I never saw the outcome. Did they have to take out the a/c and put some type of support inside the double hull half's? Great digital nomads article too. Take care.
After pouring lots of water on the roof, they isolated it down to the vent fan. So they stripped off all of the sealants that had been applied in previous attempts to fix it, removed the fan and re-seated it with a new sealant type they had researched out and ordered. We left it overnight to cure (woo-hoo.. we got to camp in the factory!), and let a hose run on it for 30 minutes in the morning. Seemed fixed.

We stayed at a nearby campground for a week afterwards (our choice.. we found a fabulous free wooded campground with great cell signal), and endured several strong rain storms... no leaks! Being able to enjoy the sounds of the rain on our roof instead of scrambling to keep drips at bay is so much more fun. We're very happy

- Cherie
Cherie Ve Ard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #22

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
After pouring lots of water on the roof, they isolated it down to the vent fan. So they stripped off all of the sealants that had been applied in previous attempts to fix it, removed the fan and re-seated it with a new sealant type they had researched out and ordered. We left it overnight to cure [b](woo-hoo.. we got to camp in the factory!), and let a hose run on it for 30 minutes in the morning. Seemed fixed.

We stayed at a nearby campground for a week afterwards (our choice.. we found a fabulous free wooded campground with great cell signal), and endured several strong rain storms... no leaks! Being able to enjoy the sounds of the rain on our roof instead of scrambling to keep drips at bay is so much more fun. We're very happy

- Cherie
Did you spend all night doing your own custom mods with all that good stuff at your disposal?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:06 PM   #23

Registry
Quote:
I stand firm on my original statement.
The Oliver Forum belongs to Oliver Trailers and they will block any "negative" info, I know this first hand and have been PM'd from 2 others that have been also.
Have you noticed that the Oliver moderators have appeared now to defend? And they don't come alone, where were they to announce this info? They only arrive to "defend and promote"
Oliver Trailers is receiving what they sowed, unlike other Fiberglass Trailer who are thriving.

Rob
All of the Oliver moderators, to the best of my knowledge, are Oliver owners who's best interests are in seeing Oliver thrive in their unique business model. We all have a vested interest in seeing Oliver succeed for our own continued customer support, and none of us benefit anymore from our efforts than any other fiberglass owner from a company that offers incentives for showing our trailers to interested buyers.

I can only really speak for myself in this in my and Chris' motivations for being moderators and 'defending and protecting' Oliver. And yes, I will fully admit that Oliver has made some business choices that could have used more guidance in executing (and as business consultants, there are many times I wish they had consulted us!). Not only has the economy affected their current situation, but so hasn't them exploring various paths of pricing and distribution. But regardless, they have produced a darn fine product that we're proud to call home, and we hope to see them recover.

And for the record, as Oliver owners who have posted about our own frustration and negative info on the forums.. Oliver has not once blocked us. The only time we have seen 'blockings' have been from moderators (not Oliver employees) in attempt to prevent excessive flame wars. While yes, Oliver owns the user forums and can theoretically shut them down.. they have not. They do not currently have an active presence on their forums, and let us moderators (who are all just Oliver owners) conduct the forums.

- Cherie
Old 06-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #24

Registry
Quote:
Did you spend all night doing your own custom mods with all that good stuff at your disposal?
We so totally should have, right? Oh well.. maybe next time
Old 06-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #25

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Rear Bed
Quote:
Steve, your implication that this site has been bought by Escape is totally off base and not called for. Yes we have received a donation from Escape. We also have received that same donation from Oliver and other companies who appreciate the information that is provided by this site. None of the Moderators own an Escape. You comments are totally unfounded and are not based on facts.

I have owned two Casitas and loved both of them. I currently own a 25' Bigfoot. When I formed this site, I went to great lengths to recruit Moderators from all over North America and who owned as many different brands of molded fiberglass rv's as I could.

We as Moderators have our personal opinions and express them from time to time. I own a 25' Bigfoot. Before I bought the Bigfoot , I asked Escape if they were planning on building a 25 footer which I felt would meet my needs. I looked at the 22' Oliver in Quartzite. It did not fit my needs although I liked the fit and finish and their representatives.

Your comments are stating facts that are NOT in evidence. Please do not assume.

Mike,
The main reason for my post was to offer a possible explanation for Rob M's comments. Everything that I stated was accurate. Nothing was implied and I'm sorry if you read more into it than intended. I merely suggested that donations proffered by Oliver or any other manufacturer of a product to a forum that discusses it lends the "appearance of impropriety". I never said there was a quid pro quo relationship between Escape and MLFRV and I do not believe there is one. However, I think it's reasonable to temper reading of praise for a product, especially by those in control of the forum, when manufacturers donations exist. I apologize if you took my comments as criticism. They were not meant to be.
Steve Dunkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #26

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Steve, the reason for the donation by trailer manufacturers has to do with this:
HELP SUPPORT THE SITE, which is the same rules any member selling trailers (or product) must follow. But you'll also notice, there is no glaring ads from these manufacturers either. That's not the way it works.

From a moderator's view, I can tell you none of us receive any pay or any product or any consideration of any type for our work. We're all volunteers and are here because of a love (fascination? sickness? Need intervention?) for the molded fiberglass trailers and the community of owners/wannabes. None of us own an Escape (although Ches has owned one) or an Oliver. At this point, there may be more Bigfoot owners than any other brand amongst the staff.

I'm a member first and a moderator second. Although I own a Scamp, there is an Escape in my future. Why an Escape? For all the reasons you've read about.... usually from current Escape owners AND because I've seen them first hand and have talked with Reace and Tammy. There are other fine trailer manufacturers out there for sure. But that's not where my heart and checkbook are leading me and there's not much chance I'm going to "temper" my discussion about the Escape either. Wannabes come to FiberglassRV looking for information. It's up to ALL of us to provide as much of that information as we can.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #27

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
Quote:
Steve, the reason for the donation by trailer manufacturers has to do with this:
HELP SUPPORT THE SITE, which is the same rules any member selling trailers (or product) must follow. But you'll also notice, there is no glaring ads from these manufacturers either. That's not the way it works.

From a moderator's view, I can tell you none of us receive any pay or any product or any consideration of any type for our work. We're all volunteers and are here because of a love (fascination? sickness? Need intervention?) for the molded fiberglass trailers and the community of owners/wannabes. None of us own an Escape (although Ches has owned one) or an Oliver. At this point, there may be more Bigfoot owners than any other brand amongst the staff.

I'm a member first and a moderator second. Although I own a Scamp, there is an Escape in my future. Why an Escape? For all the reasons you've read about.... usually from current Escape owners AND because I've seen them first hand and have talked with Reace and Tammy. There are other fine trailer manufacturers out there for sure. But that's not where my heart and checkbook are leading me and there's not much chance I'm going to "temper" my discussion about the Escape either. Wannabes come to FiberglassRV looking for information. It's up to ALL of us to provide as much of that information as we can.

Good on ya, Donna
cheers
Ian
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #28

Name: william
Trailer: 2010 22" Oliver Elite ll
California
Hello fellow egg owners, I own a 22' dual axle 5200# each Oliver Elite II. I know of only 3 in the world. I have owned this trailer for 4 years. This trailer tows behind a 2008 Honda Ridgeline no tow package and had no problems. Just a little background about me. See you on the road.
Feel free to contact me regarding my post etc
Oliver elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #29

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi William, welcome to FiberglassRV!

I know a number of people were seriously interested in the Oliver Elite II prior to production shutting down. I don't believe I've ever seen actual pictures, only production run pics. Do you have any you'd like to share?

Maybe start a new thread, that would be all your own, so they don't get lost inside this (already) nearly 3 page thread.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #30

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Wow! They are beautiful! Enjoy your days on the road!
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #31

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I think that one was around 43 grand back then. Any new developments from this 2009 thread bump? Thanks in advance.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:08 AM   #32

Name: Laura
Trailer: Teardrop American Outbacker
Utah
Pictures, please!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #33

Name: william
Trailer: 2010 22" Oliver Elite ll
California
Hello, again fellow rvers. I plan to take interior and exterior pictures and up load to this site. I must say driving into a campground. this trailer is something to look at. People for the most part nod in agreement after looking inside and outside the trailer knowing what I paid. It really is a visual experience. I plan to attend future events and when you see me, come on over and I will be happy to show you the trailer. See you on the road in june will be heading to helena mt.
Oliver elite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver