ParkLiner waste water leak - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #101

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
The crack in your tank may be an inherent flaw in the tanks design or manufacturing process. There is no guarantee that a new tank will not eventually crack in the exact same spot . If Parkliner had used your model tank on all of their trailer ,it would be easier to make an evaluation but it appears they have used different tanks along the way . You have made the best of a bad situation and I hope you are successful .You have suffered through enough problems with your trailer and I admire your patience and persistence GOOD LUCK
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:51 AM   #102

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Thanks Steve. I can't get a straight answer out of the owner of the company, so am at a loss. I think it's telling that no one else seems to have a similar problem with theri ParkLiner, and that it might very well have been related to a minor accident that occurred with the previous owner.

We have very few problems left to deal with, at least as far as I can see. We, like most, have a few things we would like to do, but once this tank is back in and attached to the interior plumbing, nothing that really cries out for attention.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
The crack in your tank may be an inherent flaw in the tanks design or manufacturing process. There is no guarantee that a new tank will not eventually crack in the exact same spot . If Parkliner had used your model tank on all of their trailer ,it would be easier to make an evaluation but it appears they have used different tanks along the way . You have made the best of a bad situation and I hope you are successful .You have suffered through enough problems with your trailer and I admire your patience and persistence GOOD LUCK
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #103

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Frank I wonder if they used different tank for the built in toilet vs porta potty. Support it as well as you can and check it from time to time for leaks...at least you have more material if you need to make an additional repair!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 10:53 AM   #104

New York
No clue Deryk. What Chandler told me was not true, so I just don't trust what I hear there.

Yes, I have a bunch of ABS repair stuff now. Actually, I really did not need to buy ground up ABS. I could have just bought a few fittings and ground them up myself. Add acetone and go to work. That's all ABS glue you buy on store shelves (or in my case, through the web) is - ground up ABS and acetone.

It's not hard to keep an eye on a wastewater tank leak!

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Frank I wonder if they used different tank for the built in toilet vs porta potty. Support it as well as you can and check it from time to time for leaks...at least you have more material if you need to make an additional repair!
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #105

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Looks good.. Now onto the Escape lights!

Sent from my XT1028 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #106

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briantb View Post
Looks good.. Now onto the Escape lights!
Thanks! And exactly!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-11-2014, 09:00 AM   #107

New York
Okay, this morning was leak test, then getting ready to re-install the tank. Leak test went great, so that's a good thing!

While I'm waiting on fittings and pipe, an arctic front is approaching. So I'll get the tank installed soon, but I want some sort of sealant that I can use on these rubber connectors, and will check on that today at Lowe's.

I got the two intakes ready by carefully cutting off what was left of the old connectors to get to plain 1-1/2" pipe that will allow me to use the rubber hose connectors, as pictured. I'm tight on the one nearest the curb side, but believe it will work once tightened down.

Later today I'll tighten the brass nipples into the PVC fittings that will end up replacing the same exact stuff I removed. The plastic fittings are new, the brass nipples are the same as used when I tore this thing apart.

Busy morning for a day off. Washed both commuter cars, plus did all this tank stuff. Next I have to dye some belts and make a couple new blanks. Got one sold and need to make some for show at a local seamstress shop.

More to come!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-11-2014, 10:04 AM   #108

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Okay, tank repair is done.

Frank
Frank you did a good job. You might think about getting some ABS sheet and bending an L bracket and gluing that to the side of the tank and building a support from the tank to that valve to take the load off the repaired fitting. Make a nice large foot to spread the load. If you build a bracket to 2 bolt holes on the bolt pattern on the backside of the valve you can still take the valve off at a off later to service the valve. You can heat up ABS to bend it. I have bought allot of stuff from Mc Master Carr they are top notch. I would use 1/8" thick material. Your an expert now so its easy piezy.

McMaster-Carr
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:31 PM   #109

New York
Thanks Steve. That's a good idea I need to give some thought to. I appreciate it.

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaz View Post
Frank you did a good job. You might think about getting some ABS sheet and bending an L bracket and gluing that to the side of the tank and building a support from the tank to that valve to take the load off the repaired fitting. Make a nice large foot to spread the load. If you build a bracket to 2 bolt holes on the bolt pattern on the backside of the valve you can still take the valve off at a off later to service the valve. You can heat up ABS to bend it. I have bought allot of stuff from Mc Master Carr they are top notch. I would use 1/8" thick material. Your an expert now so its easy piezy.

McMaster-Carr
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #110

New York
Got my ABS fittings from Faucet Depot today, looks like I should be all set once I get my 2' piece of ABS pipe maybe tomorrow. Called Faucet Depot yesterday, wondered if they had any advice for sealing my rubber hose connectors to ABS. They deferred to NIBCO, folks that made the ABS fittings, and gave me their 800#. So I call NIBCO and relay my question. They guy was very cool, noting how about any sealer I bought would eventually set up with the rubber, making it hard to get apart. His suggestion for a sealer? Wheel bearing grease. Ha! I can do that. What a great idea, one I would never have thought of.

I may need one more coupler to get this system back together. I'll find out tomorrow.

More to come...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 01-14-2015, 07:53 AM   #111

New York
I needed one more coupler to feel confident that when I start putting pipe together, I have everything that is needed. I can now proceed, once it gets a tad warmer. 6 below this morning at our place!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 04-03-2015, 05:48 PM   #112

New York
It has been a long cold winter, but finally got above 50 yesterday and when I got home today it was 65! Of course, they're saying a cold front is coming in and we might have wet snow tomorrow.

But I digress. I got home, got the jig saw out and did a bit of trimming (messy), but effective, and now have my wastewater tank supported by straps and can screw the tank to the plywood when I get a chance. It also allows me to start mocking up the interior wastewater connections.

More later, but probably NOT tomorrow!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 04-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #113

Name: unsubscribed
Trailer: Shopping
Oregon
Happy Easter to everyone.....! :)

Frank, I am pretty new on this site. I love the look of the ParkLiner and I am really considering it. I did see where others had a problem with the wheels rubbing and that looks to be fixed. Your tank problem has been the only one I've read about on this forum. I've read where other ParkLiner owners have had no problems and how happy they are. Then your posts about Chandler not being truthful.
I can deal with small repairs simply because it seems all builders have them, but not with the owner telling lies. Are you sure these problems are not from the accident? With that thought, I would be less upset with Chandler then with the people that sold it to you. Just seems the seller is more responsible then the builder in this case.
You certainly have a lot of patience! BTW..didn't want to beat a dead horse. Have a Happy Easter.
Linda
LindaF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 03:43 AM   #114

New York
Linda, I believe the wastewater tank repair was the result of some kind of accident before we bought the trailer. Whatever happened, it was enough to have to replace one wheel and hub.

I was straight out lied to by Tom Bass. Nice guy, very smooth talker. I was told the wheel wells would be expanded if only I could get the trailer to the plant. Without going into a lot of detail, that never happened, and the whole thing cost us thousands of dollars in the end. I would never deal with the company again.

I'm sure anyone looking to buy new would probably do okay. They've fixed a lot of the problems the early versions had, and you can't beat Parkliners for what they offer in size and weight. They tow like a dream. We love ours, are keeping it, and will do whatever necessary to insure it works well, or better.

Best of luck to you. Happy Easter!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 04-18-2015, 03:48 PM   #115

New York
Waste water leak fixed. Done. All internal plumbing and tank secured. Took a while to finish today, but it was mid-70's with a breeze. Couldn't beat it for a day working outside. Glad this episode is over.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 04-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #116
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Congratulations Frank!
Now you need to get out there! Where is your next adventure?
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:39 PM   #117

New York
Thanks Sid. Next adventure is Letchworth Sate Park June 19-21. Then July 4th weekend at Watkins Glen State Park. Then July 30 - August 2 at Barnhart Island State Park in Massena. We might have another egg rally at my brother's place in August sometime. Then the week of Labor Day we're at Delaware Seashores State Park. Other than the egg rally, all the reservations are made.

I just moved into 4 weeks of vacation/year, so more camping is very likely!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 04-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #118
Sid

Wisconsin
Nice!
We're about to put some miles under ours as well. We will be taking a leasurly drive to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, Snow Canyon, Zion, and Bryce.
I too am trying to squeeze as much joy as I can into 5 weeks vacation/year.
Earning retirement 1day at a time....
Sid
Old 04-19-2015, 05:56 AM   #119
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Nice!
We're about to put some miles under ours as well. We will be taking a leasurly drive to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, Snow Canyon, Zion, and Bryce.
I too am trying to squeeze as much joy as I can into 5 weeks vacation/year.
Earning retirement 1day at a time....
Sid
Consider a night at Kodachrome Basin State park. It's on Route 12, a short distance from Bryce. Raz

Kodachrome Basin
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:08 AM   #120
Sid

Wisconsin
Thanks Raz!
We will look into it.
In case there are others who have recommendations please tag them onto my thread "South Rim Recommendations".
Thanks
Sid

Tags
parkliner