Oliver Travel Trailers production to resume - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #21

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
I also LOVE the Oliver's. Have you seen the cool battery storage? Very nice!
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #22

Name: Brad
Trailer: Shopping
Arizona
We are currently shopping for a new FGT, and would like to know if any members have a Oliver that we could see in Arizona?

Brad & Susan
Tucson, AZ
Towbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 AM   #23
SRD

Name: s
Trailer: none
us
One thing I like about the Oliver is the reveal molded into the fiberglass for access doors, etc. instead of just cutting in a square opening.
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 AM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD View Post
One thing I like about the Oliver is the reveal molded into the fiberglass for access doors, etc. instead of just cutting in a square opening.
Escape does the same thing. Nice to have windows on a flat spot!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #25
SRD

Name: s
Trailer: none
us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Escape does the same thing. Nice to have windows on a flat spot!
The only other RV that I've seen that uses reveals for access doors, etc. is a Coachhouse motorhome. Escapes that I've seen still just cut an opening for an outside shower, refrigerator and heater vents, lights, etc. and surface mount the fixture. Escapes always remind me of the old fiberglass refrigerated cargo containers with the molded protrusions to reinforce the entry door hinges. Still a nice trailer though.
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #26

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Have you seen the cool battery storage? Very nice!
Drawer-style trays are pretty common on larger RVs, anywhere something heavy needs to go horizontally into a compartment. My (not moulded) fifth-wheel has them for both propane and batteries.

Kwikee trays

Unfortunately, the one for my propane tanks (two, one behind the other so the tray is required to reach the one further in without disconnecting the first one) is a bit short of the right length.

Of course, you can make your own tray, using heavy-duty full-extension drawer slides just like Kwikee / Power Gear.

What I noticed in the photo - now that Steve has mentioned the batteries - is the tidy cabling of a suitably substantial gauge.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:26 PM   #27

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Oliver Elite 18.5 footer to begin production in 2015

The Oliver website has been updated to include the announcement that the new Oliver Elite 18.5 footer is to begin production in 2015. This is great news for those folks wanting the quality of an Oliver with a smaller footprint and a lower weight than the Oliver Elite II 23.5 footer.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 08:15 AM   #28

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
It's really nice to see the smaller, single axle trailer is back in production. Only a diagram of the interiors day/night is posted so far. No specs as of yet. Curious to see how many of the updates of the Legacy II will be included in the Legacy.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:57 AM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
The layout looks good. NOW if they could only sell it under $30K...but dont think it's going to be anywhere CLOSE to that.

If I'm not badly mistaken, they DID mention (before closing because of the economy) of creating a "Sport" model. Leave off the fancy stainless fixtures, Bose (or other brand stereo systems), maybe the alum wheels (which I'd have to have anyway!).... but you could still get the quality and double-hull. Dunno...just thinking out loud. I personally love the Oliver and would love to own one.

Why?? At least they have a presence here and DO listen to their customers...and not years later! Ok...and they're 30 miles from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
The Oliver website has been updated to include the announcement that the new Oliver Elite 18.5 footer is to begin production in 2015. This is great news for those folks wanting the quality of an Oliver with a smaller footprint and a lower weight than the Oliver Elite II 23.5 footer.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #30

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
That is a great looking rig. Now if it was only a true 19 footer and had a Queen bed it would be perfect! IMHO, YMMV, etc., etc.
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver