2007 Oliver Legacy Elite - SOLAR $45000 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #1

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
2007 Oliver Legacy Elite - SOLAR $45000

Oliver Travel Trailers are rare to begin with - only 45 made. There were even fewer with solar power.

Some dear friends of ours have decided to sell theirs - and because they're dealing with some major life transitions (death of a family member), we've offered to help them get the word out.

It's a 2007 model, one of the first - but it's hardly ever been used. It has all of the standard features (except dual pane windows) and many upgrades. Plus 270 watts of solar and a matching AGM battery bank. They also had a custom carpet kit made for the trailer.

We have full info on their Oliver posted here, including a video tour of all of the features:

17′ Oliver Travel Trailer For Sale – Legacy Elite / Solar Powered | Technomadia

Asking price is $45k - they're in no rush to sell. It's located in Lake Havasu City, AZ. They just want it to go to a good home who will get more use out of it than they have.

Be in touch if you have questions - and we'll be happy to put serious inquiries in touch directly.

- Cherie

PS. If it's inappropriate for us to post their trailer here on their behalf, just let me know. Happy to move it to the 'referral' forum (which didn't seem quite appropriate either - as we are actively helping them list the trailer. But we're not a dealer, just former Oliver owners helping good friends out during a difficult time).
Cherie Ve Ard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
"PS. If it's inappropriate for us to post their trailer here on their behalf, just let me know. Happy to move it to the 'referral' forum (which didn't seem quite appropriate either - as we are actively helping them list the trailer. But we're not a dealer, just former Oliver owners helping good friends out during a difficult time)."

moved to referrals
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Hi Cherie

Best of both worlds: we set a 1 month expiration on the link in the For Sale forum, so it will show both places for awhile (unless you contact us that it is sold).

Good luck with it; your neighbors are blessed by your concern.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #4

Registry
Thank you Mary... that is very sweet of y'all!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 AM   #5

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
Good luck, Cherie. Nosebleed price lol!
jenbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:33 AM   #6

Name: Bill
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbooks View Post
Good luck, Cherie. Nosebleed price lol!
I'd make an offer but it would be way off their asking price and I don't want to insult them. I know Olivers are extremely rare and superbly built but it is 5 years old.

That said, this is a really nice one judging from the pictures. I'd like to have the thermopane window option though.

JMO,

Bill
eugarps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:13 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugarps View Post
I'd make an offer but it would be way off their asking price and I don't want to insult them. I know Olivers are extremely rare and superbly built but it is 5 years old.

That said, this is a really nice one judging from the pictures. I'd like to have the thermopane window option though.

JMO,

Bill
Hi Bill.. if you have an offer that you'd think they'd consider, I'll be happy to put you in touch.

However, do keep in mind that a similarly aged and conditioned Oliver, without the solar & electrical upgrade, recently sold for $35k. There is an established value of these trailers, and our friends are in no rush to sell.

The link in the original posting also has a video tour of this particular trailer. And upgrading the windows isn't that big of a deal if it's a feature you want.

You can write me offline at us@technomadia.com

Thank you,

- Cherie
Old 07-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #8

Maryland
Cherie,

I wonder what the reintroduction of the Oliver will do to the resale values? The new 22' is going to be priced around $45k, loaded.

Best,

Bill
Old 07-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugarps View Post
Cherie,

I wonder what the reintroduction of the Oliver will do to the resale values? The new 22' is going to be priced around $45k, loaded.

Best,

Bill
It'll definitely be interesting to see how Oliver coming back impacts resales. However, my understanding is that the 22' is the initial focus of Oliver - which will leave those desiring 17' luxury class trailers seeking out the few and proud used ones on the market.

We're happily living and traveling in our 35' vintage bus conversion these days... but we fondly remember our Oliver days.

- Cherie
Old 07-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #10

Maryland
Cherie,

I love those vintage buses too. My personal favorite is the old Flxibles, like the one in the Robin Williams movie, RV.

You're right, the 17' Oliver is a very unique and capable trailer and I'm hoping they will begin production on a new version of it soon.

Warm regards,

Bill
Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #11

Registry
You might want to check out our friends over at The Creative Cruiser - they're re-converting a very sweet 1963 Flxble Starliner to be their high-tech home on wheels. They are very beautiful buses.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #12

Maryland
Cherie,

I'm currently checking into a flooded Flxible in Hershey, PA. The engine isn't running but I'd be swapping for a diesel anyway.

End of thread drift....... ;0)

Best,

Bill
Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #13

Maryland
Does anyone know if Oliver will be at the Hershey RV show in September?

It would be easier for us to look at one there than to travel to TN.

Bill
Old 08-15-2013, 09:39 AM   #14

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I doubt it, there were -0- fiberglass rv's there the last 3 times I went, no scamps, casitas, olivers, nor escapes. These manufacturers typically do not build until the unit is sold direct to the consumer. These companies do not have dealers thus no inventories on dealer lots which is what you will find at Hershey, dealers and district sales rep's. selling inventory, often at deep discounts.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #15

Maryland
They went to at least one in the Southwest a few years back. I think the Oliver's are fond of the area. I saw so pictures of Oliver trailers at a show.

They do seem to be well thought out and quite high quality.

Bill

Tags
oliver, solar