Boler floor separated from the body - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2017, 11:07 PM   #1

Name: Jodie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Boler floor separated from the body

Hey there! New to the forum. We just bought our third Boler, 1975 13 foot. It's a real fixer upper. Upon inspecting it we discovered that the fiberglass floor has completely separated from the upper body due to a broken frame on the drivers side rear. The previous owners kept loading it with black caulking, only adding to the separation and stress on the trailer. Now that we have gutted it and are taking it off the old frame, I was hoping that someone to speak to repairing the shell/floor. Can it be fiberglassed together again or should we resort to another means such as rivets? I have searched the forum, but came up without anyone else addressing this issue. I would love to hear the groups ideas.
lilbluebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbluebus View Post
Hey there! New to the forum. We just bought our third Boler, 1975 13 foot. It's a real fixer upper. Upon inspecting it we discovered that the fiberglass floor has completely separated from the upper body due to a broken frame on the drivers side rear. The previous owners kept loading it with black caulking, only adding to the separation and stress on the trailer. Now that we have gutted it and are taking it off the old frame, I was hoping that someone to speak to repairing the shell/floor. Can it be fiberglassed together again or should we resort to another means such as rivets? I have searched the forum, but came up without anyone else addressing this issue. I would love to hear the groups ideas.
First thing you need to do is repair or replace the frame. This then gives you a good foundation to make preparation for the fiberglass repair by properly aligning the floor to the body. Hold it together with screws then fiberglass in between, remove screws then fiberglass over the holes.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:55 PM   #3

Name: Jodie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Thanks! Yes, a new frame is in the works. Would you suggest fiberglass on both the inside and outside?
lilbluebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 12:05 AM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Pictures would help but I think I would just glass it on the inside so to preserve the exterior as much as possible. YMMV

Tags
boler