1982 Perris Pacer Renovation - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2010, 08:44 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
I've installed all of the new cabinet doors and trim into the PP, as well as the wood panel that these trailers feature running the length of the ceiling. A new vent is going in, but waiting to decide whether a powered vent is a good idea.

The galley is not finished yet. New sink, faucet, cooktop and fridge are coming. But the stainless steel backsplash is in and looking good. I built and installed a new table featuring a white laminate top and using Scamp hardware.

New windows are on order, and the cork floor tiles will go in last.

Attached Thumbnails
CurbRear1.jpg   Ceiling1.jpg  

StreetBack1.jpg  
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 1977 Scamp 13 ft
Looks great! What have you chosen for lighting?
David Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:51 PM   #23

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
I agree it looks great, excellent attention to detail and craftsmanship.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Registry
Quote:
Looks great! What have you chosen for lighting?
David,
I've replaced the three original fixtures with LEDs from Autolumination.com. They mimic the size and shape of the originals. One caveat: each requires an inline switch. The little black square on the right hand side of the rear overhead storage compartment is my switch.

Attached Images

Old 03-13-2010, 10:22 AM   #25

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
OMG----this is turning out gorgeous!!! I have a Perris Pacer that we bought in Sept of last year. So only camped in it ONCE (on the way back from Arizona where we bought it.)

You are doing a lovely job, wish I could hire you (or buy yours!!!) What kind of wood did you use for the cabinet doors??? And how are you latching them to stay closed.

Please keep posting pics. I have Perris envy!!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Registry
Here's a shot focused on the stainless backsplash above the galley unit.

The PP originally had a simple hood (no fan) with a small lever/hinge-style air vent above the cooktop. Since I'm adding a new functioning window with sliders for air circulation, I 86'ed the old hood and covered the vent hole with the stainless. It wraps up and under the upper galley storage, hiding a multitude of issues with the 28 year old fiberglass and providing an easily-cleaned surface above the kitchen work surface.

The countertop will be covered with white laminate (matching the new tabletop) and will feature a still-to-come new stainless cooktop, sink and faucet.

Vicki, I'm using maple plywood for my cabinet doors and trim. I like the ply because it is both stable and utilitarian. Though I'm trying to be very careful with the construction and craftsmanship, I'm not fussing with ornamentation. For latches, I like to use what are called "elbow" (also called "rooster") latches, often found in marine applications. That's what the holes are for in the cabinet doors...reach through pull the latch.
Attached Thumbnails
Galley2.jpg  
Old 03-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #27

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Beautiful work, Robert! Looks super!
Where do you get your stainless sheet material?
I've got the same blemish issues with my 35 year old fiberglass backsplash.

Best,
Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:58 PM   #28

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Hi Raya,

According to the distributor (PerfectFit) this wall covering was engineered to be easily cleaned. On its own it does not dent, but because I have it affixed over Refectix, there is some obvious flex when pressed. If, however, this material was applied to a hard surface there would be no give whatsoever.

Yes, the modules were repainted using Rustoleum "Appliance" paint. A tip I picked up here on the Forum. Good prep is a must, obviously.

Hello Robert, wonderful you are doing on your PP. The wall covering I am very interested in, I am working on a Scamp and wish to replace the wall covering. I went to perfectfit but was unable to locate "cabinet Liner" could you help me with more information? thanks suger mc from Tn
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #29
Commercial Member

Registry
Fran, I picked up the stainless at a local heating/cooling company here in my town. I would presume any HVAC company would have access to sheet metal of various kinds...

Suger, call PerfectFit directly and ask for "Cabinet Liner." I don't think it shows up on their online catalog.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:55 PM   #30

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Quote:
Fran, I picked up the stainless at a local heating/cooling company here in my town. I would presume any HVAC company would have access to sheet metal of various kinds...

Suger, call PerfectFit directly and ask for "Cabinet Liner." I don't think it shows up on their online catalog.
Robert, could you take some time and help me? I have called perfectfit, and spoke to a salesman "paul", and was not successful in finding 'cabinet liner', he is sending me samples of a marine type carpet(?). Can you give me a product number or id number? I think this product is what I should use, your photos show the look and maintenance I would like to achieve
I have a 83 scamp and the ensolite has bee cut/patched/painted/siliconed to death, i think I want to replace it all. So your craftsmanship begs me to ask, can you give me some information on how you installed it? Did you make a paper pattern? Did you stitch any pieces together? The pieces you indicated as strips, how were the edges finished? It's still cool in east TN, does temperature affect the installation process? Thanks for helping me
suger mc/ east tn scamper
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #31
Commercial Member

Registry
Suger,

My rep at PerfectFit/Portland is a guy named Gary: 800 333 5858.

The product as defined on my invoice is: CL-64, Opal Grey Cabinet Liner.

That being said, this stuff is great looking when finished, but is very stiff and does NOT conform to compound curves without a lot of careful measuring and cutting. Again, I am very happy with the results, but it took some time to get it right. I may choose another option next time.

I did use paper patterns, but there's no need to "stitch" them together. 3M Super 90 spray glue holds it tight to the Reflectix insulation. The seams and edges were covered with 1.25" strips and glued into position with contact cement.

RJ
Old 04-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Registry
Howdy,

The PP cabin is nearly complete. All of the carpentry is finished, the water and gas lines are run, the appliances are installed, and the flooring is down. We're just starting making new cushions. What d'ya think?
Attached Thumbnails
GalleyCab.jpg   NuFrigRV.jpg  

CounterTopRV.jpg   CorkDetailRV.jpg  

Old 04-06-2010, 10:06 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Registry
Here are a couple more... (The cushions are on temporary loan from my Scamp.)
Attached Thumbnails
SinkFaucetRV.jpg   ShurFloFanRV.jpg  

Wave3RV.jpg   ConverterRV.jpg  

Old 04-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #34

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Nifty!

Are those large drawers in the closet?
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:20 AM   #35

Trailer: 1984 Perris Pacer ('Tillie')
WOW!!
Robert, that is sooooooo impressive!!!
I hope mine turns out half that nice.

Vicki
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:57 AM   #36

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Beautiful work, Robert! I am getting some good ideas for cabintry from you. You seem to like piano hinges.

Keep it up!

Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #37

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Words fail me---this is absolutely Award Winning!!! Oh, how I wish we had your skills------------------------
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 09:20 AM   #38

Trailer: 16 ft Casita
Boy Robert, you really put me to shame! Incredible job! Having done my 86 off frame as well (on a very limited budget) I'm embarrassed to even show mine now!
lanny
LWEBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:27 PM   #39

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
Seeing what you are doing, you offer a real alternative to buying new! That is impressive, and I just love your design!!
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #40

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Registry
simply stellar work as usual Robert. its apparent how much pride and joy you put into your superb egg mods.

not sure if these are your trade secrets or not (so you dont have to answer ...) but if i might i ask - what type of faucet is that? it is such a focal point!

bravo again on this extraordinary piece of craftsmanship!
Paul Chet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
perris pacer