An Amerigo whose trim is Amerigone.... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2009, 01:40 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hello Everyone!
I've just returned from Nevada towing my first Amerigo trailer and having survived a few nuisances, am now ready to embark on restoration. Every bit of the black window trim is curled and warped and or split and missing, and absolutely all of the "rub rail" trim that fits inside the channel where the two hemispheres meet is missing and has been replaced by caulking. A massive ant infestation and Black Widow Spider habitat, the first adventure was that of setting off bug bombs there in Nevada, with all doors and windows sealed behind! What a mess! As if that wasn't enough of a challenge, wildfires nearly kept me from being able to escape Nevada and return to Oregon, forcing a detour of 14 miles on a gravel road. The ride was so rugged that upon reaching the first rest stop, I opened the trailer and discovered the fridge door had sheared right off the hinges and its mirrored insert panel had been busted into smitherines. What a mess. I'm now safely home and ready to find other Amerigo Owners so that I can see how they have found replacement parts. So, here is what I need and I hope you can help steer me in the right direction. Thanks!
1.All window trim black plastic moldings
2.All flexible rub rail trim and tools to install it (the trim around the middle, worn like a belt)
3.My front window rock shield flaps in the breeze when not screwed down with a makeshift drywall screw. Did these have arms that extended or what is used to hold this up as an exterior shade?
4.Is there a resource for screened door?
5. The oven door skin has popped loose at the bottom and won't stay together, any ideas?

Does anyone know where to find the correct size for replacement fridges without having to change the original cabinetry?

Thanks,
Sheridan

Oh, I plan to keep the area where the dining table is converted into a bed all of the time and wondered if anyone else has done the same thing and what you then do for a table and eating area when all that is left is the forward skinny L shaped bench and toilet room. Ideas would be appreciated.
sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft U-Haul and 16 ft Amerigo
Sheridan,

I apologize about the late reply, but I missed your post. Welcome to the world of fiberglass projects ! I am afraid there are only a handfull of Amerigo owners on the forum and I also have just started refurb. But, I will answer what I can. You can alsways use the search feature to find some of these.

Ok, to your questions :

1.All window trim black plastic moldings

try this link , they should have the replacement (assuming you have slider windows): http://www.perfectfit.com/15976/Weat...ip--Trims.html

2.All flexible rub rail trim and tools to install it (the trim around the middle, worn like a belt)

Try an RV dealership.

3.My front window rock shield flaps in the breeze when not screwed down with a makeshift drywall screw. Did these have arms that extended or what is used to hold this up as an exterior shade?

All of the ones I have seen use some sort of support arm/strut.

4.Is there a resource for screened door?

http://www.antitomato.com/trailer/screendoor.cfm
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in......st&id=14276
http://www.bugoffscreen.com/diagram.htm
(thx, Kevin K)

5. The oven door skin has popped loose at the bottom and won't stay together, any ideas?

try posting this by itself with pictures.

Does anyone know where to find the correct size for replacement fridges without having to change the original cabinetry?

Check Dometic fridges, you might get one from a salvage yard.

PM if you need more detail

gearyg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amerigo