1971 Boler 1300 repairs: door, rivets, cabinet supports, etc - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-10-2016, 01:03 PM   #21

Name: Chad
Trailer: boler
Alberta
boler window seals

I've ordered the following window seals from Vintage Trailer Supply, and I'm hoping that I haven't missed anything:

Jalousie Header and Sill Seal 10' VTS-386
Jalousie Window bottom Seal 10' VTS-239
Vinyl J Seal 25' VTS-2019

I should be receiving the order sometime this week, so once it arrives I'll update again. Currently in Edmonton, the forecast calls for rain over the next 3 days so these seals can't arrive soon enough!

Any info on how to make the replacement process go more smoothly would be appreciated, although it looks pretty straight forward.
Cheech00TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:33 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Some essential tricks on rebuilding the Jalousie windows.
First after you remove the windows and before you remove the screws holding the frame together heat heat the aluminum frame with a heat gun to expand the aluminum channel some, if you don't do this the screws will break off, the heat expands the channel enough that the screws come out.

Secondly always install new screws, I believe they are #6 x 1 1/4"

Here is some more information which includes my video which may help you some Boler Jalousie Window Disassembly
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:29 PM   #23

Alberta
Windows leaking, now furnace vent?

After a hard rain today, I noticed that in addition to both of my windows now leaking (water accumulating in the bottom sill and then running over and down the wall), I had quite a bit of water pooled in the middle of the floor by the door that was coming from the base of the furnace. I took off the makeshift vent cover to discover that there was moisture in both the inner and outer tubes. I'm not sure how the rain was able to get into that area and accumulate so much, but it's clear that I'll need to address this issue quickly. I've thought that maybe a sloped vent cover that acts as a rain guard, with a bug screen to cover the opening, might do the trick but is there something I'm missing here? Would there be another underlying problem that I've missed? As always, your input will be appreciated!
Old 07-11-2016, 05:27 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
It may be the pipes but a common leak is at the top and around the furnace vent plate. It many need resealing, also a rain or water diverter, similar to what is above the door, along the top of that vent is also helpful
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:21 AM   #25

Alberta
Furnace vent

IanG, thanks for all of the great advice here. I'll have to check with some RV shops and see what they have available, or just head to a hardware store and see if I can make my own. The original vent has been butchered so it'll need replacing, although the outer seal looks to be in good shape. I'm assuming that butyl tape and good stainless hardware will be suitable for the new vent.

Tags
boler, cabinet, fiberglass, leaking, repair, windows