Best place to mount a 24"tv in a 21' Bigfoot trailer RB - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-01-2016, 02:37 AM   #1

Name: tony
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB
British Columbia
Best place to mount a 24"tv in a 21' Bigfoot trailer RB

My trailer has the optional tv tucked into corner unit as you walk in on the left. Problem is laying in bed at rear you cannot see it. I'm thinking of an articulating arm mount that will allow us to watch from the dinette or the bed out back. Does anyone have experience with this project? I also need to secure the monitor while travelling and my last 17.5RB bigfoot had straps that held the screen tight to the central bathroom wall. It has to be mounted close to a power outlet as well. Any ideas?
ninklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:04 AM   #2

Name: Ken
Trailer: Bigfoot
Florida
I have the same issue and the same dilemma. I am thinking of just adding a second TV on the wall near the bed. TV's are cheap enough. I am just wondering if I have to pull the fridge to install the TV mount and run the cable.
klthomascpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Sounds real familiar. We mounted a tv to bottom of cabinet next to refrigerator over bed. The false bottom inside cabinet will slide over. I added a 1" board in between false bottom and appearance bottom to reinforce the mount. The electric plug is already there. Only problem is the hidden antenna. I routed the antenna cord up thru the cabinet and behind the refrigerator and hooked it to the outside antenna hookup. I think you could just put rabbit ears in the cabinet if you like. This didn't seem to work but we use the tv for DVD's anyway. You can string a cord across the room to the connection. Let me know how you come out.
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:34 PM   #4

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
What we do in a 16' Scamp

Ours is a 24" flat screen and we manage with our 16' Scamp by leaving it at home. Too busy traveling to watch it.

And at home no cable or dish we just select streaming programs when something interesting comes along.

Wehn we are on the road every morning streaming of NPR (usually a local station where we are camped) provides all the news we need.

This way we avoid Faux news like

Good luck with you mounting.

Cheers,

Bat Dude
Old 12-01-2016, 04:16 PM   #5

Name: Jane
Trailer: Bigfoot
Tennessee
Hi Tony. I've got the same trailer and the same size TV and the same problem. I'm thinking of installing my tv under the cabinets in the far right corner as you enter thru the door. Mounted there I can watch at the dinette or in bed. I bought the MORryde flip down ceiling tv mount (TV56-010H). Haven't installed it yet. It locks in the up position and the tv will swivel 360 degrees. Some web sites say it's for tv's 19 inches or less but the MORryde catalog says up to 24 inches. If you can afford the head room, you could probably mount it on the ceiling.

Mine probably won't get installed for a few weeks so, if you find a good solution, let me know. Good luck.
Jane H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 04:32 PM   #6

Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft (was 2003 16 ft Scamp)
Registry
Bat dude.......Fox has the best news!!
Chris Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:37 PM   #7

Name: Stu
Trailer: 2003 21RB Bigfoot
Coos Bay, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by klthomascpa View Post
I have the same issue and the same dilemma. I am thinking of just adding a second TV on the wall near the bed. TV's are cheap enough. I am just wondering if I have to pull the fridge to install the TV mount and run the cable.
This is the route I am/was planning to go once I find a deal on a TV. I'd hate to have to pull the frig. I was thinking maybe toggle bolts? Or does the panel need to be reinforced?

Quote:
Sounds real familiar. We mounted a tv to bottom of cabinet next to refrigerator over bed. The false bottom inside cabinet will slide over. I added a 1" board in between false bottom and appearance bottom to reinforce the mount.
Chris Z - Is this for a 21' Bigfoot? Sounds interesting but I'm not quite understanding. Do you have a pic? What type of mount?

Thanks.
South Coast Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 11:37 PM   #8

Name: tony
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB
British Columbia
After reviewing my mounting options I'm looking for a mount that has a 24-27" articulating reach (2 arms) with 180 degree turn on the Vesa mounting plate and a low profile docking position. I will mount it on the panel to the right of the tv cabinet on this BF trailer to the left of the fridge. I can reinforce the panel from inside this tv cabinet. The TV has to store upright in the long position for travel. The cable and power is directly behind the mounting panel. I bought the 24" samsung smart tv for under $200 cdn with free delivery from Vision Electronics. AV-Express has the mount but I'm asking them to clarify the mounting plate abilty to rotate. They have it on sale for $78 -15% discount +free delivery. If anyone knows where to get the mount I need at a good price point I'm all ears.
ninklink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot