MB 1978 Biggar $5,500 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #1

Trailer: Biggar 19 ft
1978 Biggar $5,500

Thiebiggar is 19' from bumper to hitch. The fiberglass portion is 15' long. Located in Manitoba.

We haven't been been using her as much as anticipated and now my kid wants to fish, so we'll be towing a boat with a minivan instead.

So she is for sale. $5,500 for the trailer. If you want a 20' long tow vehicle with a 6.2 diesel and a banks turbocharger to tow her, add $2,000 more.

Here is the ad I have on kijiji locally:

http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ429729172

Photos and measurements of Biggars:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post132770

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ale-43040.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ale-39127.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ler-24762.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rts-50845.html

Truck thread:

85 crew cab long bed project - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network
Old 12-02-2012, 02:40 PM   #2

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
How about some pictures of the inside etc.?

The miscellaneous links you provide to threads here are interesting, but of different trailers than the one for sale, right?

Thanks

Francesca
Old 12-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I can't get to the kijiji site at all but maybe it's just my computer. Are there photos of this camper on it? I notice that the links are for a 1979 but you are selling a 1978. Are the two camper styles identical? Good luck on the sale!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #4

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
There are only two trailer pictures at the Kiji site.

There's this one:
and this one:

The rest are of the truck.

And here's the entire description of the trailer:
Quote:
1978 Biggar fiberglass trailer.

This is 19 feet long from bumper to hitch and fiberglass portion is 15 feet long.

Nice U shaped seating area in front that seats 6 - 7 people.

Sleeps four or five.

Shower.

Heater.

New tires on trailer three summers ago without much wear as we've taken it out fewer than three times each summer.

Don't know whether propane system works. We were told it did when we bought it, but we have never used it.

Water system worked fine until the last trip last summer when a 2" split in a copper pipe opened just below the kitchen sink. Didn't bother to fix it as we took it out only once this summer.

Comes with the stuff I bought to shine up the fiberglass again, including an electric buffer.

Fridge didn't work when we bought it so replaced with a bolted in wal-mart fridge which works fine on electricity.
Francesca
Old 12-04-2012, 11:59 PM   #5

Thanks Francesca.

Folks, interior photos are coming. Will have to remove a 6' tall clown that scared the heck out of folks who shone a flashlight through a window one night , remove some fishing gear, put the pillows back in, then take and post the photos.

Just keeps getting moved down the to do list.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #6

Update:

Propane System: The propane line runs from the front of the trailer under the trailer to where it splits into four tubes. One goes to the heater, one goes to the stove, one used to go to the hot water tank but I think it has been disconnected because the water lines have been disconnected from the hot water tank (seems to me they would have done this only if the hot water tank didn't work, so this is being sold as though the hot water tank will need to be repaired or replaced), and one used to go to the fridge but now just sits open as I removed the original fridge because it didn't work. So, this will be sold as though it has no propane system.

Water system: While poking around the space where the propane lines enter the trailer I discovered that the hot water tank is not connected. A prior owner has rubber lines running to the the kitchen hot water tap and shower hot water tap. But those lines run cold water only, probably because the hot water tank doesn't work.

I know I promised pictures back when I posted the original ad in December, but the sale fell down the priority list due to snow etc. I hope to post plenty of photos tomorrow.

Obviously because it isn't fully functional (although it suited our needs and we were happy with it the times we took it out) the price will come down a bit, but I would like to get an opinion from members here of what a reasonable price would be after I post the photos.

Tags
biggar