Price Comparison: Scamp, Casita, Escape - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2015, 11:23 AM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
G&T, CONGRATS on the new Escape order. I think you made a WISE decision and if I was ordering a new FG trailer right now, it would DEFINITELY be an Escape. I'd love to have an Oliver or Bigfoot (size and layout) but they're just out of reach on pricing for me and a "RV" for right now anyway. When I retire, I will look at things differently but a larger RV will DEFINITELY be in the picture. (distant grandkids playing a role here)

Cant wait to see your Escape . Lotsa anticipation during this next year!
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:41 AM   #42

Name: Wendy
Trailer: ‘14 Casita 17 SD
Florida
What a good idea to pay up front at today's exchange rate for an Escape (or Bigfoot, for that matter) that will be built in a year! Hmmm...
WendyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:17 PM   #43

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
It is funny, in a pathetic sense, how quickly a simple cost-comparison becomes a brand topper discussion, and this on a site where our reason for being here is interest in ANY fiberglass RV. Each brand has it's own brand-specific site, but we are HERE.

The value of this cost comparison (thanks for posting it, by the way) is that it shows that any of the three brands can be considered in the selection process. It is not to show that one provides "better value" than the other.

Each brand brings its own unique value to the table, and each one shines in its own way. So, as this comparison shows, pick the one you like best, because they all cost about the same.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:35 PM   #44

Trailer: LittleGuy Classic Teardrop ('Baby Osmo') (Previously 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe)
It is also interesting (to me, anyway) to add that the Lil Snoozy, equipped like I am GUESSING you equipped the other brands, comes in at around $21,000+. So, as an 18.5' trailer, it falls right into the same price range.
Mr. W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:39 PM   #45

Name: Raj
Trailer: Escape Trailer - SOLD
Florida
" It's not about which trailer you get, it's about the experience you have while using it. You can't make a bad choice"

I like this & it is wise to think on these lines.

I met a gentleman (who is on this forum, by the way ) about finding out & getting a RV, he explained to me every thing, he showed me his scamp & after answering all my questions when I asked him which one I should buy among the above three under discussion, he said it does not matter which one I buy as long as I buy one & get out there camping.

Best regards
disneydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 02:40 PM   #46

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Price Comparison: Scamp, Casita, Escape

I don't think it's "pathetic" Paul, just that folks aren't considering ALL their options - a common malady. I admit I am a fan of my brand, but the same could be said for many others. You raise a very valid point: there are several manufacturers in that price range, and you should consider them all to find what's best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #47

Trailer: 2007 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Is it possible that some people choose Escape, maybe not so much by preference, but due to the fact that Casita or Scamp don't make a large enough trailer to fit their needs?
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:14 PM   #48

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Very likely. Options dwindle as length increases, at least in molded fiberglass. Over 20' it's Escape, Bigfoot, or Oliver. In that company Escape is the lightweight, moderate-price choice.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 09:50 AM   #49

I own a 13' Scamp but have more reasons than "size" for Escape to be my next or WOULD be my first trailer if I had it to do over. FAR less "RIVETS" to deal with. I like the more "modern" look over the old "retro" look of the Scamp AND Casita. The only "negative" that I have on the Escape from what I've seen, I personally like the "rat fur" over the "elephant hide". But as will all RV's, I dont think there's a "perfect" one out there that will fulfill 100% desires of any purchaser.

And finally, the pricing is close to Scamp/Casita now with the exchange rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanj04011 View Post
Is it possible that some people choose Escape, maybe not so much by preference, but due to the fact that Casita or Scamp don't make a large enough trailer to fit their needs?
Old 08-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #50

We are selling (or at least, trying to ) our Casita because our family has outgrown it. For us, preference wasn't an option because neither Casita or Scamp made a 19' or even 21' trailer. And BigFoot and the Oliver are out of the question due to price. So by default, that leaves Escape. I'm not saying I'm weeping over the fact, believe me , but had Casita offered an option, we would have had a much tougher time choosing, rivets and all. We loved the Casita.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #51

One correction: Scamp DOES offer a 19'er.

Quote:
We are selling (or at least, trying to ) our Casita because our family has outgrown it. For us, preference wasn't an option because neither Casita or Scamp made a 19' or even 21' trailer. And BigFoot and the Oliver are out of the question due to price. So by default, that leaves Escape. I'm not saying I'm weeping over the fact, believe me , but had Casita offered an option, we would have had a much tougher time choosing, rivets and all. We loved the Casita.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #52

5th wheel, right? Not a bumper towed...?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:11 PM   #53

Tis true...but just for the record they are a 19'. I dont care for them either in any manner.

Quote:
5th wheel, right? Not a bumper towed...?
Old 08-03-2015, 12:13 PM   #54

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
So due to that great exchange rate, we decided to buy now, so yesterday placed or order for a 2016 17B. Or build date is August 3, 2016. And even though they only required a $500 down payment, our current thinking is that we are going to go ahead and pay them most of what we will owe now rather than later to make sure that we get that rate.
Wow, you are willing to forgo the .2% (point-two-percent) interest you might get on leaving that money in a CD? If there was ever a time to spend it, I suppose it is now at these pitiful rates.

I would jump in myself but I am holding out for a reorganized and adequately capitalized Parkliner "Version 2.0" to build a 19 footer!
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #55

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Tennessee
It's going to be extremely rough giving up that great interest, but I think we are going to do it anyway

I do wish that we could have at least considered Parkliner, because from an aesthetics perspective, it was definitely my favorite, and that drive to North Carolina would have been much easier than to BC. But when you can't get someone to even send you an information packet, it makes it hard to buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Wolf View Post
Wow, you are willing to forgo the .2% (point-two-percent) interest you might get on leaving that money in a CD? If there was ever a time to spend it, I suppose it is now at these pitiful rates.

I would jump in myself but I am holding out for a reorganized and adequately capitalized Parkliner "Version 2.0" to build a 19 footer!
GregandTeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #56

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
It is possible,of course...
One of the primary reasons to buy a Scamp. Escape is too large and hard to tow to fit their needs.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #57

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
I own a 13' Scamp but have more reasons than "size" for Escape to be my next or WOULD be my first trailer if I had it to do over. FAR less "RIVETS" to deal with. I like the more "modern" look over the old "retro" look of the Scamp AND Casita. The only "negative" that I have on the Escape from what I've seen, I personally like the "rat fur" over the "elephant hide". But as will all RV's, I dont think there's a "perfect" one out there that will fulfill 100% desires of any purchaser.

And finally, the pricing is close to Scamp/Casita now with the exchange rates.
I too own a Scamp13. It is the perfect size and I can think of no reason to trade.
Of course it was not my first trailer and mine has far fewer rivets than yours.
Actually I can hardly wait to hear your commentary once you get an Escape!
As for "modern" over "retro"... remember the Escape started life with the molds from a thirty year old Trillium.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:15 PM   #58

Oh snap! Totally forgot about the fact that some might prefer the small size. Glad I don't have to worry about the choices there!
Old 08-03-2015, 07:01 PM   #59

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
There are tremendous advantages to a tiny trailer, no doubt about it. I like the fact that some manufacturers offer a larger option, but for us, the Escape 19 was as big as we were willing to go - not because we couldn't tow a larger trailer (our truck can tow 8100 lbs no problem) but because for us the whole idea of downsizing and "egg" trailers is kind of moot when you go larger. Aesthetics did play a part. We think we got it just right, but just right has a different definition for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 08-03-2015, 08:48 PM   #60

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
: you all molded-towable-owners will figure this out, honestly.

I started a long time ago... still own an oldy-but-goody Scamp 16. BUT, long term, months out camping not a weekend/vacation camper)... wrong LAYOUT.

After all the years, and thinking AHEAD, I truly believe I've figured it out... YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, escape, scamp