CA 2014, Oct 30-Nov 2: Fiberglass Rally @ Lake Casitas, Ca - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #21

Name: Paula
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2015 18.5
California
Registry
Hi Gage and Andy

This Rally is for folks with rigs that want to get together and have a fun weekend. Of course showing off rigs, sharing ideas and eating is probably expected or the norm!
Please don't feel it's only for one idea or trailer. We've even got metal and other trailers coming along for the fun.

So glad you could join us Andy and that you got a hook up site. That one and 52 just opened up yesterday so this was perfect timing.

Paula
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:00 PM   #22

California
Registry
10 days and counting down! Here is our itinerary and it could change but for now....this is it:

2014 Fiberglass Rally
Lake Casitas, California
October 30th-November 2nd
PLEASE REMEMBER TO PRINT THIS ITINERARY – COPIES WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE RALLY
Check in time is 2pm. You may be able to occupy the campsite earlier if it’s vacant.
The entry gate is locked at night. Arriving late?? Call and ask what time they lock the gate-805.649.1122
Please bring your name tag and wear it so folks can get to know you. Every one loves to be called by their name.
If you’re new, or need a name tag you’ll find one at Paula’s in # B-17. Come on over and get one.
Please bring firewood to B-17. Nightly campfires around 5:30 and hope to see you there!
If we have enough wood morning campfires are a treat too! Volunteers will be welcome to help with the fire.
*As the sun goes down around 6 so does the warm air. Bring a jacket or blanket to keep warm!
Please bring your chair and small table for all happy hours, meals, campfires and activities.
The big tables with tablecloths will be for serving food only. You’re cooperation is what makes this a great campout!
THURSDAY-10/30-Welcome Everyone to our 13th Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas!
12. You lower the tongue jack, and set up stabilizer jacks
13. I remove my scales
For those of you with 5th Wheel trailers, I will do step # 9 in the bed of your pick-up truck , just behind your hitch. Frederick
3:00 Happy Hour @ site # 20 Hosted by Carol and Jim
Bring your favorite appetizer to share and something to wash it down with
5:30 Campfire @ # 17
Please remember your chairs and a small table
FRIDAY-10/31-Happy Halloween! Decorate you and your rigs for a scary Halloween weekend!
11:00-12:00 Open House/trailers/rigs. Show off your rig and help others learn the tricks of the camping lifestyle.
1:00-3:00 FOR SALE Items/Trade/Free Bring your camping treasures you no longer use or need and set up in front of your rig so folks can walk around and see what’s for sale, trade or free.
1:30-3:00 Ukulele Session with Carol @ B20. Bring a chair, Ukulele and if you have one, a music stand. Please email Carol, if attending, before the Rally
2:30-3:30 @ B2 “Tips, Tricks and Gadgets 101” class with Frank
5:30 Weiner Roast site #B17. Campfire starts by 5pm. Bring roasting sticks, hot dogs, buns, plates, condiments, utensils, and something yummy to share. Please remember chairs and small table.
SATURDAY-11/1-Let the Party continue….
10:00 “25 Words or Less-My RV Adventure” Meet Cathy at B17 to share your story that you have written earlier, in 25 words or less.
10:30-12:00 Open House/trailer/rigs
12:30 Ice Cream Potluck at the big tables near B17. Please bring toppings at 12:15 and ice cream at 12:30 to the table. Please help serve and clean up. This is a Ice Cream Potluck. Bring ice cream, frozen yogurt, toppings, fruit of any kind, cookies, cupcakes, candy or anything you’d like as a topping. I’ll supply bowls, spoons, napkins and serving spoons.
1:00-2:30 For Sale Items at your rig
2:00-2:30 @ B2 “Tips, Tricks and Gadgets 101” class with Frank
3:00 Halloween Pet parade +Reverse Trick or Treat ..Join Carol & Jim @ B20 and their pets for a stroll around the BASS section. Dress you and/or your pets for Halloween and let the fun begin! Bring your “trick or treats” to share with others.
3:30 DUTCH OVEN cooking and the tricks of doing it right! Join Wes, Debbie & Dee Ann for hands on and how to do DO right.
5:30 POT LUCK begins. Please bring your yummy dishes before this witching hour and place on the big tables. We’ll all dig in promptly at 530! No cheating-the witch is watching you!
Campfire to follow @ B17 Smores?
Please remember your chair and small table.
“FALL BACK” one hour. Remember to set your clocks back one hour and get an extra hour of sleep tonight!

SUNDAY-11/2
11:00 Survivors Luncheon @ B17 dining tables
Bring your yummy leftovers or new creations to share.
Good byes & hugs and we’ll make plans for our next campout with new and returning camping friends!
2:00 Round table discussion at B17
5:00 Potluck at the tables. Lets enjoy the early sunset (5:45) at dinnertime!
Campfire, but of course!
MONDAY-11/3
Staying/leaving? So much to do and see in the beautiful Ojai Valley! Bart’s books? Drive up Hwy 33 for spectacular views-maybe stop at Bodee’s or the Deer Lodge for lunch? 2nd hand stores in Ventura, Carpenteria and Santa Barbara. Take a boat ride on the lake or maybe just sit under an oak tree and watch the clouds go by.

Join us if you can!
Paula
Old 10-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #23

Trailer: 2009 12.5 ft Little Joe
Updated Attendance List?

Hi! Looking forward to seeing everyone! I'm wondering if there will be an updated list of names and campsites? It really helps to be able to find folks easily once there. I like to print the list and have it with me. Thanks for all the work getting this organized!
Martha
Martha H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:04 PM   #24

California
Registry
Hi Martha
Thanks for the reminder!
My list is changing daily. I'll get it out to all that have signed up in a couple of days.
Paula
Old 10-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #25

California
Registry
Sorry but the Rig Weighing has been cancelled at the Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas this coming weekend.

All other activities are a go as posted!

See you at the Lake!

Paula
Old 10-29-2014, 05:10 PM   #26

Name: Roger & Sudy
Trailer: Escape 17'
California
Weigh trailer

my husband would like to have his trailer weighed... do we need to make an appt? we arrive on friday...
rogersudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:26 PM   #27

California
Registry
Please see the previous posting:
Sorry but the Rig Weighing has been cancelled at the Fiberglass Rally at Lake Casitas this coming weekend.

All other activities are a go as posted!

See you at the Lake!

Paula
Old 10-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #28

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Well, we're all packed and ready to go. Mobility Scooter charged and cherry pie backed (for the pot luck sat.) . We should be there around 2:00pm tomorrow.

gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #29

California
Registry
Have a safe journey!
Paula
Old 11-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #30

Name: Andy
Trailer: Casita
California
A fine time was had by all! We did have an unexpected rain squall during the night that caught some of us with our awnings out. My Fiamma awning was broken after collecting enough water. The dealer gets $275 for the broken part, but I have a local welder working on a $30 repair. Fingers crossed that the welded aluminum 'elbow' will hold out against the force of the spring that extends the awning.
I'll post the results as soon as I put it all back together.
Andy
ArtWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:42 AM   #31

California
Sorry to hear about your awning. From looking at the trash berrel the next morning, you weren't the only one who had problems. Me, my awning did what it was supposed to do. I enjoyed setting under it and watching the rain come down.
Old 11-23-2014, 01:23 PM   #32

California
Hi Gage, I remember all the awning part in the dumpster. It made me feel less bad about my own damage. I think I got away cheep. Lesson learned!
See you next year in Ojai.
Andy
Old 11-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #33

California
I remember all the awning parts in that dumpster. It made me feel less bad about my own damage. All in all, I think I got away cheep. Lesson learned!

See you next year in Ojai,
Andy
Old 11-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #34

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I wet coast tip for awnings that may or may not have helped reduce some of the damage is to always keep on side of the awning set lower than the other to avoid rain pooling on the awning.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:04 PM   #35

California
The rain did catch me off guard. I wasn't expecting it and left my fiberglass polls at home. But like that, I just let one corner down about a foot and that kept the water from pooling. Besides, it doesn't rain in Southern California. Who 'd of thunk.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #36

California
Hi Carol, I read the instructions with the awning. I just did not follow them. The rain took us all by surprise. The burned hand teaches the best lesson.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #37

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtWrangler View Post
The burned hand teaches the best lesson.
Andy isn't that the way we all learn??
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:12 AM   #38

California
Thanks Carol,
by the way, my name is Andy. I'm a picture framer and art restorer, that's how I came up with the username ArtWrangler.
Warm wishes for Thanksgiving.
Andy

Tags
casita, rally