Prep & Paint recommendation - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2016, 06:37 AM   #21

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
gel coat wax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Maybe he,s using Zep , buy it for $25 buck,s a gallon and resells it for$100 bucks a quart. . If it lasts 1 to 2 years on a snoozy flat roof that would be my guess.
Maybe...i just can't say for sure. I asked my husband & he said he wants to find out too. The guy said he'd give us some to take home with. If I find out, I'll definitely post it!!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:26 PM   #22

Name: Cassie
Trailer: 1979 Trillium
British Columbia
Donna Marie! Can I ask how much you were quoted to bring back the beauty in your trailer? Mine too had heavvvvy oxidation, my orbital polisher and Maguires isn't making even the slightest difference.

I too am in Vancouver and would love if you could share the name of your shop and the price!
Cassie Trill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #23

Name: Cassie
Trailer: 1979 Trillium
British Columbia
I just reread the thread and see you are not in Vancouver, how I thought that I don't know. Regardless, I'm still curious as to what I could expect to pay if you don't mind sharing.
Cassie Trill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 02:53 AM   #24

Name: Donna
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy
Florida
$$$ facelift for the gelcoat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie Trill View Post
I just reread the thread and see you are not in Vancouver, how I thought that I don't know. Regardless, I'm still curious as to what I could expect to pay if you don't mind sharing.
Good morning Cassie Trill...omgosh, you're not gonna like this. It was several thousand dollars, bUT...that included several (one ~significant!)cracks that had to be repaired in the body, and the tongue. I wish I knew exactly what JUST doing the gel coat would've been..with the cracks,the repair's being three hundred for this one, 250.00 for this one, oh...three hundred plus for~ THIS one it really added up. It's ok though, it's going to be better than EVER, when it's done.

He's like the general contractor one hires for a house build...this is his forte'...everything fiberglass. We're very satisfied with his work...just saw it again this weekend. Stunning, i must say!! He's also put in a new air conditioner. The one that was in it, it turns out~ was only a five thousand btu. We needed an 8,ooo. What a huuuuge difference.This is our one big indulgence. When we retire, in hopefully 18 months, this is the key piece to how we'll be living. Hope you're able to find a real master at this...like we did. It's astounding, to see it like it is NOW!! As he said "im gonna make her pretty for ya...it'll knock your socks off!" and it HAS!!
DonnaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:52 AM   #25

Name: andrew
Trailer: 1973 13' Trillium
British Columbia
stripping paint and sanding 1973 Trillium 1300

Hi! Nice to join this forum as there are so many posts of owners helping owners! very cool! Our trailer was painted by the previous owner in a teal blue/green above the belly band and then solid black below the band to match his hot rod! Black stone guard or rock chip on front. Last year, my wife/I did a 7300km trip from Vanc Island BC to Yellowknife and the front paint job got pretty beat up. Is someone aware of a detailed video and steps that shows how to remove the paint as well as re-apply stone guard? I could just start sanding but am not sure how far to sand so as not to damage the gel coat. A body shop advised the process would cost $3500 to do body/paint......I may have access to a garage where I could do most of this, other than the painting, by myself. We too have some "spider" cracks in the gel coat so what is the best way to repair them? Thanks for any help and it's great to be part of the "egg" family!
jagbor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco, paint