New Parkliner 16 in hands yet? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #1

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
New Parkliner 16 in hands yet?

Just curious. At a show at the end of January, the rep said if I bought then, it was "looking like May" for delivery (their display showed that they'd sold several at that show, and I know they were in Tamp earlier). Of course, that might just have been . . . optimistic sales speak.

I also understood him to say that "this trailer" weighed 2700 lbs. as is, i.e. just about every feature on it, but dry. Wondering if that turns out to be accurate, as the prior literature for the 15 shows 2300 lbs. dry, before three's another foot of length (even if it is all in the tongue) and a second shell. That would probably still be fine with my 4Runner, but making the margin look a little smaller.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #2

Name: mark
Trailer: ,Retro by Riverside RV
California
Bob, have you contacted your sales rep at Parkliner? Hope you get yers soon. I ordered in Jan and PU in Sept. Casita.

Mark
Old 06-04-2017, 11:02 AM   #3

Georgia
Sorry for any confusion, Mark. I didn't buy a ParkLiner at the show, May was just what the rep said was the anticipated delivery time if I bought then. I did think about buying one, but $30K for the first fiberglass camper I saw seemed a little unwise. It is on the list, though.

Recently saw a bunch of Casitas, but not a 16'. Hope you enjoy it.

Bob
Old 06-04-2017, 12:59 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingBob View Post
Just curious. At a show at the end of January, the rep said if I bought then, it was "looking like May" for delivery (their display showed that they'd sold several at that show, and I know they were in Tamp earlier). Of course, that might just have been . . . optimistic sales speak.

I also understood him to say that "this trailer" weighed 2700 lbs. as is, i.e. just about every feature on it, but dry. Wondering if that turns out to be accurate, as the prior literature for the 15 shows 2300 lbs. dry, before three's another foot of length (even if it is all in the tongue) and a second shell. That would probably still be fine with my 4Runner, but making the margin look a little smaller.
We just got the axle weight on our '16 Parkliner. It is about 2820 lb./wc
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #5

Georgia
Thanks Wayne. Awning? A/C? Anything else heavy that's on it, or not?
Old 06-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #6

Name: Bill
Trailer: Parkliner 2013
North Carolina
Hi Wayne, you wrote We just got the axle weight on our '16 Parkliner. Did you mean '16 as in 2016 or '16 as in 16 foot long?
Thanks,
Bill
Bill Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 06:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Berry View Post
Hi Wayne, you wrote We just got the axle weight on our '16 Parkliner. Did you mean '16 as in 2016 or '16 as in 16 foot long?
Thanks,
Bill
'16 = 2016; 16' = sixteen feet.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingBob View Post
Thanks Wayne. Awning? A/C? Anything else heavy that's on it, or not?
Ah, yes. ... Awning, A/C inside under forward side dinette seat, Dual LP tanks, Flush toilet, Added foam pad on the bed.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:08 PM   #9

Georgia
Thanks Wayne. I misread your weight as for the new 16 foot trailer, so I think there's still no info on that.

I also now remember that the rep said that the sink and stove of the show model wasn't final, that they'd be delivering them with a fold-down spigot and cover on the stove to make one smooth counter when those weren't being used. Curious to hear how that's gone.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #10

Name: Dylan
Trailer: N/A
Ohio
Hey Bob,

This is Dylan from Liberty Outdoors, home of the ParkLiner! We are currently finishing the tooling process on the re-designed ParkLiner. A significant change you will see is the double-hulled fiberglass shell. This change will slightly change the 2,300 lb. dry weight you have seen before. We are very near completion and will be able to announce a revised list of features and specifications very soon!
LibertyOutdoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 03:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyOutdoors View Post
Hey Bob,

This is Dylan from Liberty Outdoors, home of the ParkLiner! We are currently finishing the tooling process on the re-designed ParkLiner. A significant change you will see is the double-hulled fiberglass shell. This change will slightly change the 2,300 lb. dry weight you have seen before. We are very near completion and will be able to announce a revised list of features and specifications very soon!
It's good to see that you are makingg improvements. But we're glad that we got ours before the price went up. /wc
Old 06-06-2017, 04:43 PM   #12

Ohio
Yes quite a few changes on the way which will affect the price. We are very excited to release the new ParkLiner 16 soon and can't wait to show you the new enhanced features and top of the line quality
Old 06-06-2017, 04:45 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Hopefully a redesigned logo.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:46 PM   #14

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Hopefully a redesigned logo.

Possibly [emoji16]
Old 06-06-2017, 08:36 PM   #15

Name: Todd
Trailer: 2018 ParkLiner /2015 casita spirit deluxe
Georgia
dealers now instead of direct for parkliner

so sorry to hear you are going thru traditional rv dealers. the dealer experience sucks its like buying a new car what i love about most fiberglass molded companies is that you are dealing directly with manufacturer in my experience is so pleasant this price hike granted has some to do with changes but mainly the middle man dealer thus prices will be all over the place whereas traditionally price is the price i was very interested in parkliner but now have done a turn about based on this
Toddv78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:25 AM   #16

Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddv78 View Post
so sorry to hear you are going thru traditional rv dealers. the dealer experience sucks its like buying a new car what i love about most fiberglass molded companies is that you are dealing directly with manufacturer in my experience is so pleasant this price hike granted has some to do with changes but mainly the middle man dealer thus prices will be all over the place whereas traditionally price is the price i was very interested in parkliner but now have done a turn about based on this

Todd, we are sorry to hear that. We are a customer focused organization so please feel free to reach out to us if you ever decide to look back into a ParkLiner. While the purchase must go through an RV dealer we would love to chat with you and answer any questions you might have.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:36 AM   #17

Name: Michael
Trailer: Oliver Travel Trailer
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyOutdoors View Post
Todd, we are sorry to hear that. We are a customer focused organization so please feel free to reach out to us if you ever decide to look back into a ParkLiner. While the purchase must go through an RV dealer we would love to chat with you and answer any questions you might have.
I, on the other hand, am thrilled to be able to go to a dealer here in Florida, see some 16's without having to drive all the way up north through terrible traffic and bad drivers, and custom order exactly what I want, if need be. Or buy one off the lot. But I do have empathy for all those who hate the idea of having to deal with a salesperson who only wants to sell you something and knows little to nothing about the product. So I hope Parkliner makes these dealers attend workshops and learn all about their trailers.
roguebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #18

Georgia
thats the problem i highly doubt these will be stocked in lots but would love to know answer to this?
Old 06-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #19

Georgia
thanks for the reply. i was turned off when i tried to go thru dealer after recent show. i am now considering the egg camper or oliver
Old 06-07-2017, 08:00 AM   #20

Name: Michael
Trailer: Oliver Travel Trailer
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddv78 View Post
thats the problem i highly doubt these will be stocked in lots but would love to know answer to this?
Dylan emailed me yesterday and told me to expect to see some 16's showing up at their dealerships in Florida within a couple months if everything goes right.
roguebooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner