Eco Trailer - Faucet doesn't work. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #1

Name: Nicole
Trailer: Eco
Colorado
Eco Trailer - Faucet doesn't work.

We took out little lighthouse camping last year and we realized our faucet doesn't work. Yikes. Has anyone had this problem with an Eco camper? There is the pump on one side that pulls water from the water storage we have in the camper (which we haven't tested) and there is a way to hook it up to city water (which is what we tried) and haven't been able to get water out of the faucet. Any ideas? Do I need a new faucet? Where should I go? Help!
BrowningSchubarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:06 PM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
It could be as simple as the hand pump needs to be primed with water. Even if the hand pump needs replacing they are pretty simple and inexpensive.
Unfortunately, you have landed in a forum specializing in molded fiberglass egg shaped trailers, so it is unlikely you will find the expertise you seek here.
It appears Eco - Lighthouse? trailers may be a Lance product, or maybe Kodiak? I wasn't certain, or I would have tried to guide you. I would try a web search.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:48 PM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Not sure about an Eco, since I don't have one, but, as with most RV and trailer faucets, sometimes the aerator screen on the spout gets clogged up with sand and small debris. If your spout has a screen on it, twist it off and check it for clogging particles. At least it is a no-cost thing to check first.
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #4

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Not sure about an Eco, since I don't have one, but, as with most RV and trailer faucets, sometimes the aerator screen on the spout gets clogged up with sand and small debris. If your spout has a screen on it, twist it off and check it for clogging particles. At least it is a no-cost thing to check first.

Thanks for the info. Sadly, I don't have an aerator. It's just a round opening. So, I guess that's out.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:16 AM   #5

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
A couple pics may help us out a bit. Do you have any neighbors around with RV experience that you could ask to have a look at your TT?
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 04:56 AM   #6

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom 72 View Post
...Unfortunately, you have landed in a forum specializing in molded fiberglass egg shaped trailers, so it is unlikely you will find the expertise you seek here.
It appears Eco - Lighthouse? trailers may be a Lance product, or maybe Kodiak? I wasn't certain, or I would have tried to guide you. I would try a web search.
I took the OP to mean the Boler-clone Eco listed among our molded manufacturers: Fiberglass RV - Eco Trailers
From the site description:
"Manufactured in Aurora, Nebraska, by Century, Mfg., around 1970-1973, this trailer was one of the "American made Boler" clones. The name was reportedly an acronym of the given names of the three brothers who owned the company. Also known as ECO Featherlite." I'm not sure about the "Lighthouse" model designation, though- my google search didn't turn up anything.

Returning to the faucet, I believe the hand pump mechanism has a gasket inside that seals to create suction. That gasket may be dried out and brittle. It might also be torn or damaged in such a way that it also blocks the flow of city water. There could also be crud or sediment accumulated inside. The only way to find out is to disassemble the pump and see what's going on.

But it might be easier just to replace the whole pump. They are still made (perhaps not an identical unit, but functionally equivalent). Know that some are hand-pump only and some allow for hand pump and city water.

Agree- pictures would be helpful for troubleshooting.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 06:25 AM   #7

Colorado
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5796.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	109105

Here's the sink. We did start to look around, that's why it isn't correctly secure.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:26 AM   #8

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
I took the OP to mean the Boler-clone Eco listed among our molded manufacturers: Fiberglass RV - Eco Trailers
From the site description:
"Manufactured in Aurora, Nebraska, by Century, Mfg., around 1970-1973, this trailer was one of the "American made Boler" clones. The name was reportedly an acronym of the given names of the three brothers who owned the company. Also known as ECO Featherlite." I'm not sure about the "Lighthouse" model designation, though- my google search didn't turn up anything.

Returning to the faucet, I believe the hand pump mechanism has a gasket inside that seals to create suction. That gasket may be dried out and brittle. It might also be torn or damaged in such a way that it also blocks the flow of city water. There could also be crud or sediment accumulated inside. The only way to find out is to disassemble the pump and see what's going on.

But it might be easier just to replace the whole pump. They are still made (perhaps not an identical unit, but functionally equivalent). Know that some are hand-pump only and some allow for hand pump and city water.

Agree- pictures would be helpful for troubleshooting.

I forgot to mention, Lighthouse is our name we gave it! Nothing to do with the brand Sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:56 AM   #9

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
So have you tried hooking up the city water and pressing down on the lever?
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:29 AM   #10

Colorado
Yes. We finagled with it and nothing.

Tags
eco