New Burro Owner Looking for Trim-Lock - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #1

Name: RJ
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13'
North Carolina
New Burro Owner Looking for Trim-Lock

Trim-Lock?

Just over a month ago I finally entered this prestigious group of Fiberglass owners! I say, Finally, because I found you back in October of 2015, and, like any well-maintained trailer, I’ve been following ever since. My search, and acquisition of a 1982 Burro 13’ has been somewhat arduous, but informative, and rewarding.

The interior is now, for the most part, finished. However, I do plan on adding a few electrical outlets, both 120V and 12V, as well as solar.

The exterior, while not chalky, is by no means shiny. But a bath is all it will have time for before I leave town in a few days to go camping in it for the first time. I’m really looking forward to this!

We’ve had a few robust thunderstorms in the last few weeks, but so far, no leaks - even though the Trim Lock looks bad and needs to be replaced. However, I have no idea where to begin to look. Any suggestions? And, if it’s no longer available, is there something else I can use?

Thanks guys I appreciate you, and I look forward to being more involved now that I feel like I may fit in here.

RJ
RJnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #2
JMS

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Burro
Registry
Trimlok

I bought it from Scamp parts but there's other online sellers where you can get it
JMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:27 PM   #3

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Go to Ebay and search for Trim Lock edge molding. You do need to know three important criteria, the height and the width of the object it needs to cover and the color. You can find much better prices for this item on Ebay along with free shipping.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
This site has a variety of sealers. I have not purchased anything from them yet but am looking for a new seal for my popup roof.

https://www.trimlok.com/rubber-extrusion/trim-seal
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 09:55 AM   #5

North Carolina
Thanks Guys. I appreciate your suggestions. And, thank you Dave, for the link to the Trimlok website. I especially want to Thank Thomas for sending me a PM with the link to EXACTLY what I've been looking for!
Old 08-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #6

Name: Marcia
Trailer: '00 Burro 17' WB
Seattle, WA
Are you willing to share the link to exactly the Trimlok needed? I also have a Burro needing new TrimLok and have been unsure of precisely which size to order.

Thanks!

//Marcia
mglyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 02:09 PM   #7

North Carolina
Marcia, I'd gladly share it with you, but this forum will not allow me to post any links.

Do a search for "1350W2X3/8"

I just tried this and it works... the company is PantherRVproducts, and that is the SKU number. If you prefer, email me at yahoo and I'll send you the link.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:04 PM   #8

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJnNC View Post
Marcia, I'd gladly share it with you, but this forum will not allow me to post any links.

Do a search for "1350W2X3/8"

I just tried this and it works... the company is PantherRVproducts, and that is the SKU number. If you prefer, email me at yahoo and I'll send you the link.
This forum does allow posting of link, but to do yhat you need to click on the link symbol in the toolbar
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 03:10 PM   #9

North Carolina
By way of suggestion, here's the direct link for Burro TrimLok:

https://pantherrvproducts.com/vinyl-...burro-campers/

Tags
burro