Casita highlighted in RV West - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #1

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
Just got my copy of RV West. Casita on the cover, and an article about Sebastian Halyard, an RV full-timer inside.

Vic
Attached Thumbnails
RV_West_0.jpg   RV_West_1.jpg  

RV_West_2.jpg  
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:12 AM   #2

Trailer: Bigfoot 21ft (25B21RB)
pretty cool
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
isn't this copyrighted material?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 11:38 AM   #4

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Just got my copy og RV West. Casita on the cover, and an article about Sebastian Halyard, an RV full-timer inside.

Vic
Sebastian posts in various forms as "Sebastian H" and "Silver Raven". He spent a season here in Kanab and I got to show him a few sites. I'll email him and see if I can get a copy of the Article.
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:20 PM   #5

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Quote:
I wouldn't call it readable anyway. More like a news teaser.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 04:37 PM   #6

Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Registry
Congratulations to Sebastian, Meadow and Onyx!
This RV West Magazine has a ways to go before it becomes a "Highways" or Trailer Life" type magazine, but it gets good coverage through the RV dealers network and RV shows in Western Canada. I have subscribed about three years ago, and look forward to its arrival every two months.
It's nice to see familiar faces and personalities recognized in new areas. It is also nice to see the full time lifestyle represented without putting across the ideas that you must have a huge dinosaur motor home to achieve it. They also had a nice "newsette" feature on the Trillium plant in Calgary when Team Trillium introduced the Outback.
I enjoyed Sebastian's Website and log of his campground host adventures and wish him all the best doing what I wish I was doing also.
Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
This is a valid question. And although I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, I do believe we're following the guidelines of fair use: US Copyright Office, based on these two issues:

1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

2. amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

We are neither selling nor profiting from the use and only a small portion of the total magazine was posted.

If someone has something else to add, please let us know. The magazine would probably like the free advertising they're getting here.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:08 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
This is a valid question. And although I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on TV, I do believe we're following the guidelines of fair use: US Copyright Office, based on these two issues:

1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

2. amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

We are neither selling nor profiting from the use and only a small portion of the total magazine was posted.

If someone has something else to add, please let us know. The magazine would probably like the free advertising they're getting here.
Donna, working on an H1B grant for the US Department of Labor, we jumped through hoops trying to nail this down since a major portion of the program was to provide online learning for machinists and programmers and this required a determinataion of the laws regarding images and video. Now that was ten years ago and things are certainly not anything like they were in 99 but number one in your list was the the stickler because "the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes" does not provide a clear line (read discrete demarcation) between what may be considered commercial and what may be considered educational and if, indeed, their lies another demarcation somewhere between the two... for example personal entertainment.

My current feeling is too much is made of this kind of thing at this level but should there be a problem it does not go away with time. Everything in print on the web is recorded forever so...
ronsmith100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #9

Trailer: Boler 1984
On another note
This article shows the trend as to where the trailer mags are heading. They are finally seeing the smaller units as a viable holiday vehicle instead of the huge behemouths that they usually write about.
Glass is Class
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:55 AM   #10

appreciate the feedback, i love how squeaky clean this forum is, thus the reason for asking. And yes, great article.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Just got my copy og RV West. Casita on the cover, and an article about Sebastian Halyard, an RV full-timer inside.

Vic
Hi everyone,

My name is Tanya Laing. I'm the author of this piece, and I do hope you enjoy it. It was a genuine pleasure to hear from Sebastian and get to know a bit about him. And I was very happy to write about someone who doesn't fit the mold when it comes to typical RVers. I agree with what another poster said: not everyone likes the larger models, and I think it's great to give a voice to those people as well.

This article will soon be available online. You can keep up with the stories at www.rvwest.com. We are very interested in hearing your feedback and recommendations for people and places to write about.

And if you like the magazine, please subscribe! It's free.

Cheers and, as Sebastian said to me, stay amused.

Tanya
Tanya Laing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #12

Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Registry

Welcome Tanya to our little group,
I'm so pleased you are able to join us. I hope you enjoy the fiberglass RV forum, We are certainly a group that thinks outside of the box. (big box?)
Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #13

Quote:

Welcome Tanya to our little group,
I'm so pleased you are able to join us. I hope you enjoy the fiberglass RV forum, We are certainly a group that thinks outside of the box. (big box?)
Thank you, Owen. I appreciate the welcome.

Just a bug to drop in the collective ear of regular posters here: I'm always on the lookout for new stories, particularly from Western Canadians travelling to new places, or people visiting Western Canada for the first time (do you sense a theme?). You can find my email at the website. Please drop me a line. I would love to hear from any of you.
Tanya Laing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #14

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Hi Tanya, and to the site. Enjoyed the 'read' and the Trailer Goddess an I are 'members/subscribers already!

If you'd like to see a VERY good mix of Eggs, please come to our semi-anual meet in May at The Fort Campground in Ft.Langley. We have attendees coming from all over the west both North and South of the 49th parallel too!
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita