Brian & Nancy's ParkLiner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #1

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Brian & Nancy's ParkLiner

After swapping posts on other threads for far too long, I decided it was time to start our own thread to document some of our adventures, mods and experience with ParkLiner 34. Also affectionately known as “Eggbert.”

So, proceeding with our last outing of the season, the Fiberglass RV rally at the Copake, NY KOA, here is ParkLiner 34 drawing considerable interest as the tour made the rounds through the rally loop. I think that’s me at the rear corner of the camper talking with frank_a.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Camper Tour.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	381.0 KB
ID:	66155

What precipitated this, I guess, is that I have memories; ideas, mods and changes scattered over several locations and wanted to consolidate some of this stuff. Especially after spending half the day installing LED strip lighting in all the overhead cabinets to make it easier to find stuff. I bought the LED lighting strips from Amazon at a very reasonable price. I bought two 5-meter strips for $13.99 each. Now, of course, you can buy the same thing for even less – I think the current going price is $12.68.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

I had been warned that the adhesive on the strip would require some assistance, like contact cement, on the inside of the cabinets. Little did I know that the 3M logo on the paper covering the adhesive on the LED strip actually stood for Ming, Manchu and some other Chinese name rather than Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing. It only took about 15 minutes for the LED strips to start falling off even though I carefully cleaned the interior fiberglass on the cabinets with denatured alcohol before applying the contact cement. I applied contact cement to the back of the LED strips and reapplied to the cabinets and things seem to be holding now. I installed two toggle switches, one for the street side lights and the other for the curbside lights. Each side draws about 2.5 amps so I don’t expect to use them much when dry camping (except quickly, to find a clean change of clothes) but, overall, I’m pleased with the effect and the amount of light produced.

Name:	Cabinet <a title=lighting view 1.jpg Views: 84 Size: 156.3 KB ID: 66156" style="margin: 2px" /> Click image for larger version

Name:	Cabinet lighting view 2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	66157

I still have to tidy up the wiring a bit but it has been a fun project. Instead of investing $6.98 for 4 push on connectors for the cut ends of the strips, I went all “old school” from my Navy Avionics Tech days some 40+ years ago and soldered all my own connections. I may not be able to ride a bike anymore, but I can still solder. Other things, I guess you do forget.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #2

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Mood lighting for rummaging thru lockers! I like it, I like it.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #3

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Neat Idea! Yeah when the storage units start getting stuff in them it does get harder to find lol...and light really helps!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #4

Upstate New York
ParkLiner meets their promise

It has been about 5 1/2 weeks since I picked up our ParkLiner from my local body shop after having the wheel wells re-sculpted to eliminate the tire rub issue and repair the damage to the fiberglass. I submitted a copy of my paid bill and before & after photos of the repair to Chandler, via snail mail, and made a request for reimbursement. Despite some of the communication problems for which ParkLiner has become famous (or perhaps infamous), Chandler replied to one of my emails earlier this month and among other things stated, "Park Liner will pay for the repairs to the wheel wells on your trailer."

In this age of instant gratification and Amazon Prime 2nd day delivery, I will admit that I was a bit insistent (perhaps annoying) on getting specific details as to when that might occur. I am pleased to say that this mornings' mail brought a priority mail envelope from ParkLiner with a check for the full cost of the repairs. Chandler said he would stand by his product and he has. I could not be more pleased and heartened by this. Chandler also stated that "kits" for mounting the batteries to the tongue would begin to be shipped to customers around the end of this month at the rate of ~2 per week. I would guess this rate would be consistent with their production schedule of trailers. In any event, I will be patient as I just moved #34 onto the winter parking pad I built this summer down behind my garage. Since I'm going to pull the batteries anyway there is certainly no rush.

Name:	parking pad.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	66184

I wish Chandler and ParkLiner all the best and hope my experience is an indication that customer service is starting to turn the corner. We're looking forward to next spring already and even more to the day in 2 or 3 years when we won't have to winterize PL34. Just pull it someplace warmer. No more

Old 10-30-2013, 11:41 AM   #5

New Jersey
Registry
Congrads Brian! I'm glad that Chandler paid you back. I'm still waitingon a response back from them.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 10-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #6

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
As a matter of fact Brian, yes, that is yourself and me at the back corner of Eggbert in the first pic.

I like that LED inside the cabinets light idea. I may have to pursue that.

Marta sent me the canopy that she copied from some of you guys. That will be real nice next year. Boy, Marta & Alex were wonderful to deal with!

I also hope customer service improves with ParkLiner. they have such an exceptional product it would be sad to see it all go down the drain for lack of paying attention to owners. Certainly, they have gotten lots of very positive press in NC.

A couple more years may also find us not winterizing 006, but like you suggest, just heading south.

Best of luck Brian!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
..... I am pleased to say that this mornings' mail brought a priority mail envelope from ParkLiner with a check for the full cost of the repairs. Chandler said he would stand by his product and he has. .....
I'm glad to hear this. This trailer addresses so many of the complaints heard about other trailers. Apparently others agree and they are being overwhelmed with demand. I suspect they are doing the best they can. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #8

New York
I was forwarded a pdf of a letter Marta Gold (previous owner of #006) got from ParkLiner yesterday about the battery issue. In a nutshell, they say to swing on by and they'll do what needs to be done, or they MAY elect to have it done by a shop near to where you live, but that decision is at their discretion. Gail and I plan on first trip to NC next May anyways, and will swing on by.

I removed the batteries the night before last anyways. I always take batteries out of my toys and put them in my shop for the winter and keep an eye on the charge.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
You may want to check the State consumer protection laws were Parkliner does biz as here in Canada there are laws that require the manufacturer to arrange to have the work done at another facility within so many miles of where you are located if they are located to far from you ( x so many miles) to take it to them to be repaired.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:02 PM   #10

New Jersey
Registry
That is a real good point to check Carol! A thousand mile round trip just for the battery mod isn't a cheap ride for me...if I was going that way for vacation I wouldn't mind but its a little out of my stomping grounds lol

Old 10-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #11

New York
I would bet NC consumer protection laws to be about non-existent compared to Canada's much more proactive federal laws. You can check, but I doubt there's much there to make you feel warm & fuzzy.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
I would bet NC consumer protection laws to be about non-existent compared to Canada's much more proactive federal laws. You can check, but I doubt there's much there to make you feel warm & fuzzy.

Frank
You do have the Magnuson Moss Act which is US Federal if I am not mistaken - you may want to dig into what it reads on that front. Also most states have Consumer protection acts of some kind in addition to that as well do they not? Much the same as in Canada - one big Consumer protection Federal Act but each Province has their own supplementary acts as well.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #13

New York
NC's Consumer Protection looks like it does mostly scams and fraud stuff: Consumer

The Magnuson Moss Act looks interesting, but I bet it would cost attorney fees to pursue anything under the act.

We're just not as well protected as our neighbors to the north!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 01:16 PM   #14

Registry
Well a quick google reveals that NC does have a The Lemon Law which does cover RV purchases as well. Who knows the way the complaints are flowing in here re PL someone might get themselves a new trailer under the Lemon Law before its all said and done

Re not being as well protected a those to the North - doubt it suspect you as we have to, just do a bit of digging/homework to find the laws/regulations that protect you.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #15

Upstate New York
You can take Wikipedia for what it's worth but regarding the Magnuson-Moss act it states, among other things, "However, the warrantor may require consumers to return a defective item to its place of purchase for repair." Also, "A consumer who has been injured by the noncompliance of a supplier may bring an action in federal court if the amount in controversy is over $25,000..." I would think that this situation doesn't rise to that level, but then, I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on television.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #16

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Well a quick google reveals that NC does have a The Lemon Law which does cover RV purchases as well. Who knows the way the complaints are flowing in here re PL someone might get themselves a new trailer under the Lemon Law before its all said and done

Re not being as well protected a those to the North - doubt it suspect you as we have to, just do a bit of digging/homework to find the laws/regulations that protect you.
This has been fun Carol, but I do not have any complaints about our ParkLiner. Then again we've only had it less than two weeks, and about all I've done so far is winterize it! I'll get more familiar with it this weekend, but next year will be the test. Our first long trip will be to the ParkLiner facility anyways.

Deryk seems to be the one with the most issues with the company.

Happy Halloween!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 01:23 PM   #17

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
You can take Wikipedia for what it's worth but regarding the Magnuson-Moss act it states, among other things, "However, the warrantor may require consumers to return a defective item to its place of purchase for repair." Also, "A consumer who has been injured by the noncompliance of a supplier may bring an action in federal court if the amount in controversy is over $25,000..." I would think that this situation doesn't rise to that level, but then, I'm not a lawyer nor do I play one on television.
and you didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night?!?

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 10-31-2013, 01:52 PM   #18

Upstate New York
Quote:
and you didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night?!?

You could tell that, could you?

Old 10-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #19

New Jersey
Registry
Quote:

Deryk seems to be the one with the most issues with the company.

Happy Halloween!

Frank
Frank I do love my ParkLiner but I have issues with a company that up until yesterday was mostly ignoring their customers about a serious problem. But this isn't the posting to really be arguing on...this is Brian's place...

Old 10-31-2013, 02:55 PM   #20

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Frank I do love my ParkLiner but I have issues with a company that up until yesterday was mostly ignoring their customers about a serious problem. But this isn't the posting to really be arguing on...this is Brian's place...
You're right Deryk, my bad!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
parkliner