New Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2014, 07:18 PM   #21

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Thanks Tammie, I am making a list of things to bring. The hanging shoe organizer is an excellent idea. I am really getting excited.
TomK, I still haven't reserved a spot, I am going to try to get one where there is a fair amount of shade. My biggest fear is having to back into the spot. Thanks for the list, I am hoping since it is only 2 days that I can manage even if I forget something. The nicest thing for me is that it is fairly close to home.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #22

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
We always carry a sign on the dashboard of the Tacoma that says, "Stop and fill water tank before parking camper." The voice of experience.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 08:23 PM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Cool Beans! Another Egg Hatching and another happy owner!

If you forget something (toothbrush) it is okay... keep the pups (and bird) feed and watered... everything else is GRAVY! Honestly.

Everyone has a "first time."

Make a ton of memories!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:47 PM   #24

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Pat, We don't have a ParkLiner, but depending on the design of your water inlet, you might want a little funnel or pour spout to make sure more water goes in the tank than out on the ground. In the future, for campgrounds with a water hydrant at each site, I'd recommend: 1) a "Y" valve if you want outside water for your pets, spraying off muddy hiking boots, etc., 2) a water pressure regulator, 3) an in-line water filter (I know some will debate this, but the first time you get "bad" water, you'll appreciate this; make sure to run some water through a new filter BEFORE hooking it to your camper to flush out the loose carbon/charcoal powder), 4) 25' garden hose suitable for drinking water, and 5) a 90 degree elbow so the hose won't kink under its own weight when you attach it to your camper. All of that is available at most Wal-Mart stores at a reasonable price (usually in the Auto section rather than camping; that's where they stock that special RV toilet paper, too, go figure).

Oh, and back to Algonac, don't forget a comfortable lightweight travel chair (and bug spray) so you can sit outside and enjoy the evenings waving back at all the other friendly campers passing by. And did anyone else remind you to pack your camera to capture the memories...
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:40 AM   #25

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
My biggest fear is having to back into the spot.
I bet there will be plenty of folks there to help Pat. Don't get anxious over it, that will NOT help. My rule of thumb is slow does it. I use my rear view mirrors, and just go slow. There will be people around to sight you backing up, let alone the crowd that always seems to appear to just see how you're doing!

These ParkLiners have a very short turn radius just because they're short. Any movements of the steering wheel will be instantly conveyed. Slow does it!

Best of luck to ya!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:46 AM   #26

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
For me, backing into a site on my left is much easier than one on my right. On your left, you can see the trailer without having to count on someone else to give you directions.

If you don't already have a water container, this one is worth checking out. It's a little heavy when filled, so I usually only fill it a little more than halfway. Easier to carry and easier to pour into water tank on trailer.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:58 AM   #27

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Thanks everyone, all the advice is so appreciated. I'm used to traveling with the dogs so their stuff is easy. Of course by the time I pack their fans, sunshades, food, bowls etc. etc. don't know how I will fit in anything else. (LOL) I will read and reread and note all the suggestions. Frank, I figure I will take her up to the school and practice backing before I go. Oh by the way, at my husbands suggestion her name will be "Crazy Dog Lady's Folly". 100% descriptive!!!! My neighbor gave me a refrigerator magnet that says "They call me the Crazy Dog Lady, like that's a bad thing" I just have to go with it.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:55 AM   #28

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
You'll do fine backing in Pat. If it starts jack knifing, stop and pull forward to straighten everything up and try again. Like Frank said, lots of willing helpers will be glad to help. Remember EVERYONE started sometime. All the "experts" were just like you the first time they backed in.

Here's an item you might find handy to connect your hose to the water point. I think I've seen them at Walmart too.

Amazon.com: Camco 22484 Water Bandit: Automotive

Good luck and most of all have fun!

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:58 AM   #29

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
The easy rule that I learned for backing is ..... Put your hand(s) at the bottom of the steering wheel and move them in the direction that you want the back end of the trailer to go. As mentioned before, pull forward if you start to jacknife or if the angle starts getting too acute. It sometimes takes a lot of reverse steering wheel to straighten things out when the angle gets too sharp. You'll get the hang of it pretty quickI'll bet. :-)

Ray

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner