Water tank drain ParkLiner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2014, 03:41 AM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Water tank drain ParkLiner

My ParkLiner does not have a low water drain, so I want to put one in. The more I progress with my idea, the more I believe this will only drain the freshwater tank.

I have a "t" going between the tank and the pump intake (had to order a new pump, "old" one bit the dust), then a line down and through two layer of egg:

It comes out where you can see the masking tape. The hole to the left is a weep hole put there when the trailer was built:

This is what I think I'm going to use for a valve. It's closed in this pic, so it will be in line with the bottom of the egg.

Now I wonder if I need to put in another drain for the rest of the system?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:25 AM   #2

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Looks Good! They added one to mine, but to be perfectly honest it doesn't matter to me. The last 2 years when I winterized it I just ran the faucet till the pump kept running then shut off the switch. The tiny bit of water left will be fine with the anti-freeze.

Now on the other side of the ParkLiner where the water heater is they added a drain at the lowest spot on that side to drain out the lines for the sink and shower.... that will help get the water out before winterizing.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #3

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Frank, It's difficult to tell from the photos, and I'm not clear from your description, but is it possible to put the valve on the inside with just an inch or two of drain line extending out through the hole? I'd hate for some prankster with access to the valve from the outside drain your water system overnight and you not have any left to make coffee with the next morning. That would count as a felony in my book! And it wouldn't be unheard of for road debris to kick up and hit something like that on the outside - if that's indeed where you are planning to locate it - and create a mess. Dale
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:47 PM   #4

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
Frank, It's difficult to tell from the photos, and I'm not clear from your description, but is it possible to put the valve on the inside with just an inch or two of drain line extending out through the hole? I'd hate for some prankster with access to the valve from the outside drain your water system overnight and you not have any left to make coffee with the next morning. That would count as a felony in my book! And it wouldn't be unheard of for road debris to kick up and hit something like that on the outside - if that's indeed where you are planning to locate it - and create a mess. Dale
There's room on the inside Dale, but I can't get to it without a lot of cutting. I had a factory drain like this on our Sunline, and never had a problem. Plus, like Deryk suggests, I'm probably gonna add another one on the other side before winterization comes around. The Farmer's Almanac is predicting a colder winter than last year!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-25-2014, 01:50 PM   #5

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Frank I would put one at the water pump while your at it so if you need to clean out your new pump filter or replace the pump you can just shut it off instead of draining the tank. I also installed a shutoff between the incoming camp ground tap and the water pump.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #6

New York
The drain I'm installing is going directly between the tank and the pump inlet Steve. There is no room for a filter between the tank and pump, unless I could somehow drain the tank in another manner. I just don't see how I can do it. As it is, I'm moving the pump back such that I will only be able to anchor it with 3 screws, not 4. Not much room in there.

Incoming camp water doesn't go through my pump. I will put another drain in on the other side of the trailer for that.

Thanks,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 09-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #7

New York
Done. Not easy.

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 09-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #8

New York
This afternoon, after more frustrating work, I once again have a working water pump and running water from the freshwater tank. Next is a low water drain on the other side. Sue would have been nice if ParkLiner could have found an hour or two of time to put one in while my trailer was there for a full week at major expense to us, but no, heaven forbid.

Sometimes I wonder why I bought a nearly new trailer that requires so much of my time and an enormous amount of money for not much in return.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
parkliner