2002 Casita Fridge replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2016, 09:17 PM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita, 2002 Liberty Deluxe
California
Registry
2002 Casita Fridge replacement

Casita installed the fridge in this year model and then built the rest of the trailer around it. Good for them, bad for anyone with a Casita built before 2003. I was in contact with the factory and they recommended taking the cooling unit off and passing the frig through a window. It turns out, the later models allow doing this but the earlier models have no window large enough to pass the frig through.

So, after considering cutting into the fiberglass or installing a larger window, I finally decided to modify the frig instead. I cut a chunk out of the frig making it possible to pass through the trailer door. You can view my frig modification on this page of my web site. Refrigerator, Casita

If you are ever in a position to replace your own frig, let me know and I can give you a helping word or three, as needed. In another words, tech support. jim
Jim er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 08:02 PM   #2

Name: Sandy
Trailer: 2012 Viewfinder
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim er View Post
Casita installed the fridge in this year model and then built the rest of the trailer around it. Good for them, bad for anyone with a Casita built before 2003. I was in contact with the factory and they recommended taking the cooling unit off and passing the frig through a window. It turns out, the later models allow doing this but the earlier models have no window large enough to pass the frig through.

So, after considering cutting into the fiberglass or installing a larger window, I finally decided to modify the frig instead. I cut a chunk out of the frig making it possible to pass through the trailer door. You can view my frig modification on this page of my web site. Refrigerator, Casita

If you are ever in a position to replace your own frig, let me know and I can give you a helping word or three, as needed. In another words, tech support. jim
Do you still have instructions on repairing fridge on 2002 Casita? Where can I find it? Strong ammonia smell so think cooling unit went out.
Sandy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 01:54 PM   #3

Name: Joel
Trailer: Casita SD
Texas
IME, you can get cut just about any large, bulky item into chunks small enough to fit through any opening with a Sawzall and the right blade.
JoelInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, fridge