F/G taillight adapters U-Haul CT13s - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2016, 06:32 AM   #1

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
F/G taillight adapters U-Haul CT13s

Just a heads-up, for U-Haul camper owners who aren't active on the U-Haul Facebook site.

I've worked with Tom Griebe to design and now start making available a fiberglass adapter to mount with same 4 screws in the stock location of the original lenses..... so if your lenses are broken or missing in action, and you haven't gone with the aluminum adapter housings already [which were oversized, and are now scarce], there's another option available.

Same footprint as the original lenses, so no new holes to drill, and no modifying or covering of original decals.
Sized to accommodate the standard 4" round combination taillights that many trailers uses, mounted in a rubber grommet. But you could surface-mount a version of that light, or a square one, or whatever.
Raised pad on outboard face that could accept a reflector, or small side-marker light.

I'm not "pushing" these.... simply letting U-Haul owners know there's a new option for taillight mounting.

PM me for pricing/ordering info. Any other questions, fire away here......

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
16-0616 2nd run 01!.jpg   16-0628-TaillightFitted-04.jpg  

16-0628-TaillightFitted-05.jpg   16-0628-TaillightFitted-02.jpg  

16-0630-Taillight-RichardTallent-01a!.jpg   16-0217-TomGriebe-prototypeFits-01!!!.jpg  

Old 07-03-2016, 06:43 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
That looks great, Gary! I don't own a CT-13, but I've heard enough about the problem to know you have a great solution for those of us who are competent to turn a screwdriver but not up to a custom fiberglass redesign of the taillight housing.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Gary; did you get the message I sent on the Facebook group ??
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:12 AM   #4

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Do they fit a VT?
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:32 AM   #5

Iowa
Bob,
I don't think I got that forwarded message. But the Facebook U-Haul group has already had news of these adapters posted---about a week ago. [I just got to thinking this morning of posting it here, too..... for those U-Haul owners who don't do Facebook.]

Roger,
I really don't know if the taillights are the same between CT & VT models. Sorry.
Old 08-28-2016, 06:14 PM   #6

Name: Andy
Trailer: Uhaul
Missouri
Silver turtle

I,m interested in the stop light adapters. From your pictures it looks like they come with a rubber gasket. How much are they? How do I contact you off line?
Andy Sigmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:05 PM   #7

Iowa
Andy,
I've made and sold 12 pairs of the taillight adapters this summer........on hold for now, while we scramble to get our retirement cottage finished; but I'll probably start making them again in late September.
Price varies, depending on what the client wants me to do, but starts at $110 per pair, in primer. More, if you want them painted in something like the U-Haul "cream" color... and if you want large openings for the inset tail-lamps.
You can PM me for more details, or email me at groys02@gmail.com.
You may wish to consider 2 other options, as well.
[1] Several people on the U-Haul Facebook site are now selling their cast-aluminum taillight adapters. These are a genuine U-Haul product, though not made for the campers, so they don't match the corner curvature precisely..... they do offer the potential of being sanded and polished up nicely, though.
[2] Another member on the U-Haul Facebook site is hoping to have new taillight lenses in production soon. No prices yet, and not ready to take orders yet..... but that possibility is out there.
Those are the 2 options to my F/G adapters, at any rate.
Best wishes,
Gary
p.s. the black you see in the one picture isn't a gasket, but remnants of the old U-Haul rubber pocket that held the bulbs behind the original lenses. My adapters fit snug enough that the gasket material I purchased turns out to be too thick....... most folks are using a little rope of butyl caulk to seal them to the camper body.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:18 PM   #8

New York
I have a set of the aluminum adapters that I want to trade for a pair of the original lenses if the red part of the lens is in excellent condition. Don't care about the amber part.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0227.jpg  
Old 08-29-2016, 10:09 AM   #9

Name: Andy
Missouri
Silver turtle

Thanks for your quick answer. Hope your retirement cottage turns our OK. I have LED lights that work OK right now. I think I'll just stick with them. Sincerely, Andy
Andy Sigmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 02:20 AM   #10

Name: albert
Trailer: Uhaul ct 13
fl
Hi, i need a set of these for my ct 13. How much. And how do i order? Thanks. Albert
Abirks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 05:02 AM   #11

Iowa
Albert,
For what it's worth, I haven't changed the price since I started selling these. 3 standard options:

[1] A pair of the adapters, in primer, without big holes (for standard, inset 4" round trailer tail-lights)... $110 (which includes postage)
[2] Same pair, painted U-Haul cream color (automotive acrylic enamel)... $120.
[3] Painted pair, with large holes bored for 4" round, insert lights... $135.

If you happen to be outside the lower 48, I'd ask for an additional $5 in postage, added to any of the price options above.

They've proved to be a fairly popular option for folks... I've sold nearly 50 pairs of them at this point.
Any further questions, feel free to email me at groys02@gmail.com.
Thanks for the interest,
Gary

(If you're ready to order, the most frequent payment method has been PayPal to the email just above.)
Old 10-03-2020, 04:36 AM   #12

Iowa
I think the taillight adapters will be available fairly soon. In late August, Lynh Nguyen posted this on the Facebook U-Haul page, where he got 37 "comments"... most of those in the form of "I want a set."
Attached Thumbnails
20-0821 LynhNguyen Post !!.jpg  
Old 10-03-2020, 07:47 AM   #13

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
They look great tom!
Roger Kimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 11:02 PM   #14

Name: Michael
MS
Groys02 please email me at mcampanali1985@gmail.com with how to order a set of these from you. Please Please Please
Mcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2022, 06:10 AM   #15

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcamp View Post
Groys02 please email me at mcampanali1985@gmail.com with how to order a set of these from you. Please Please Please
Gary no longer is making the adapters. Lynh was going to make them but don't know if he has yet. They are the perfect solution to the Uhaul tail light problem if you can get a set.
Old 03-16-2022, 06:54 AM   #16

Iowa
What he said.
Linh has indeed been making the adapters, and has mailed out some sets... I don't know how many, and have been surprised not to see feedback on the Facebook U-Haul group from the folks who got them.

Here's what I've been emailing lately to the people who still ask me for a set:

______,
Sorry to say I'm not making them any more. I did forward the forms on to a fellow on the Facebook group--Linh Nguyen, and he's made a number of pairs & sold them to people in that group. There may still be a backlog of orders, as Linh moved his business AND got a new baby in the last year or so, and suddenly didn't have nearly as much free time. I'm confident he'll continue manufacturing them, but you might have a wait.
I passed along the form for the earlier, GM-style adapters to another guy on the forum, but he has yet to make them available... and they took more work on the owner's part to install anyway, so didn't get much interest.
Beyond those options, there’s a DIY approach that would make a functional, if slightly awkward looking, adapter with just pieces from a 5-gal plastic bucket [closely matches the u-Haul camper corner curve] and some plastic pipe…… that could buy you some time, if you’re fairly DIY-handy, and wouldn’t muck up the factory corner on the camper itself.
And I’d like to put in a plug for the Facebook page for the U-Hauls… you have to hunt some for information, like in all Facebook forums, but the search engine on the site works reasonably well… and there are plenty of friendly & helpful folks on there.
Thanks for the interest, at any rate...
Gary Roys
Attached Thumbnails
22-0201 FLeduc DIY taillight fix.jpg  
Old 05-11-2023, 08:43 PM   #17

Name: Karen
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Arizona
Interested in Purchasing

Are these still available for purchase? TIA!
K Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:36 AM   #18

Iowa
Karen,
Sorry, but they're not available at this time. Several options either have been recently explored--including 3D printer versions--over on the Facebook U-Haul group...........
https://www.facebook.com/groups/UHaulCamper
Note: private group, but very welcoming to new members.

I don't care for the Facebook format so much as 'threads' as on this group, but the folks over there are friendly & helpful. I've been a member both here & over there for quite a while now.
But that seems to be where a majority of the action is.

I think Linh Nguyen, a moderator on the FB group, will eventually find a fiberglass parts manufacturer to begin remaking the style I used to, but it may be a while yet.
All I know...........
Gary
Old 05-12-2023, 07:08 AM   #19

Name: Karen
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Arizona
Thank you Gary!
K Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 09:12 AM   #20

Iowa
Karen,
You're welcome. The link below JUST showed up on the FB group... there had been some fit problems with the 3D-printed adapters, which may have now been solved. And these are, I think, quite similar to the ones I used to make in terms of fit & function.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/UHau...2479758872485/

Hope that's some help.
Gary

Tags
light, u-haul