Are there any Oliver around the sierra Foothills - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #1

Trailer: Oliver
Looking for an Oliver.Are there any owners near Nevada City Ca near both Lake Tahoe or Sacramento willing to let me look at their trailer? Would like the luxury of seeing one up front and personal before we make a commitment.

Considering buying a new casita or a used Oliver. Had a 17ft Casita that we bought used but had insurance total it last year because of mold! We had no leaks it was in storage and we were getting ready to go camping and discovered mold everywhere. So we are thinking about something different.

Diane
n ca diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #2

Trailer: 2010 17 ft Escape B ('Cafe Egg')
Registry
Hi Diane,

I don't have an Oliver trailer, but they look very nice. Unfortunately only a few were made. Recently one was, or still is up for sale. It is posted on the following page:

www.technomadia.com

The people who run this web page are fulltimers living in an Oliver themselves.

Another trailer you might consider is Escape. A very well built fiberglass trailer made in BC Canada. They have a range of 13', 15', 17', 19' and 5th wheel trailers. I am currently in line waiting for my 17'...

Gerda
Gerda, H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: n ca diane... I second Gerda, H's opinion on the EscapeVisit My Website but then again I'm biased.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #4

Trailer: Oliver
Quote:
Hi: n ca diane... I second Gerda, H's opinion on the EscapeVisit My Website but then again I'm biased.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie

Okay I will keep it in mind. Does anyone know of an Escape for sale or where I could see one in person?
Again thanks for your help.
Diane
n ca diane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Okay I will keep it in mind. Does anyone know of an Escape for sale or where I could see one in person?
Again thanks for your help.
Diane
Diane, there's the EscapeForum.... nice folks there too (some even are members here ).

I bet if you ask your question there, someone will answer up. Or, check with the manufacturer.. they are REALLY nice people http://www.escapetrailer.com/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Diane, Both the Oliver and the Escape will be hard to find (not impossible) used. You might come across one, but most likely it will not be in your area. I know there are some Oliver owners in AZ, TX,. Escape owners you probably could get a list thru Escape themselfs.

But I would suggest that you try and make the Oregon Gathering Oregon Gathering info You will be able to tour all kinds of glass options there. I know there are a few Oliver owners who attended in the past and I am sure there are Escape owners who go. Plus all the other options to explore. You don't have to own a trailer to go there is the town of Bandon near by as well as the park has Yurts to rent. Just thinking it will give you a great opportunity to see a few for yourself.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #7

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Quote:
Looking for an Oliver.Are there any owners near Nevada City Ca near both Lake Tahoe or Sacramento willing to let me look at their trailer? Would like the luxury of seeing one up front and personal before we make a commitment.

Considering buying a new casita or a used Oliver. Had a 17ft Casita that we bought used but had insurance total it last year because of mold! We had no leaks it was in storage and we were getting ready to go camping and discovered mold everywhere. So we are thinking about something different.

Diane
I know of at least one Oliver owner in Northern California. Nice folks. I don't think they're members here, however. If you're interested in seeing an Oliver, you may want to join oliverforums.com, and post a request there, and/or call the Oliver factory (number is on their website olivertraveltrailers.com) for a referral.

Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 Casita
There is a 08 for sale in the referral forums................ As of today!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver