Burro Window Rebuild Parts? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hello,
Does anyone have information on where I can get the rubber mouldings for the rear window on my Burro?
The outside seal had been previously heavily caulked, so I will redo that with new seal.
The window pane seals have all overly shrunk over the decades as could be expected.
So, I really need to completely rebuild or replace with new, if I can not find the replacement parts.
Thanks.
Mitchell
Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Mitchell, I don't own a Burro so can't provide specifics. But in the Helpful-Links we have a number of vendors that may help. Check out:
Windows and Window Parts

or maybe: Moldings, especially Trim-Lok. They've got a huge catalog. While they don't retail, they can give you the name of a dealer in your area, once you decide what you need.

Good luck!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #3

Hello,
Thank you Donna D.
I will have to take the rear window out and disassemble all of the parts so that I can view the crossections or profiles. I was hoping to avoid going about it in that order since once it is out, it can not be put back without the acquisition of replacement parts.
I wish I had access to the maker's supplier list so that I could know who manufactured the window and its spec's.
I have the Trimlok catalogue now. I used another trim brand on the Burro's ridgeline, but will replace it with a Trimlok product which I think will hold better.
Thanks again.
TTYL
Old 09-22-2008, 02:12 PM   #4

Trailer: 1984 Burro 13 ft
Registry
I just bought a Burro with the same problem on the back window. I've been doing some research and believe the windows on a u-haul are the same size as that of the Burro. Seems they bought the molds from Burro and modified them for their U-Hauls. Only difference seems to be the windows may be solid without sliders. It might be easier to find replacments for the U-haul. Please advise if and when you find any more info that could help me out as well.

Thanks
Adam
AdamB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler
Hmm... not sure if this is the same thing, but we replaced seal around our bolers windows (front and back). We found it was the same stuff used by auto shops for putting in windows on old cars. So check your auto shops... especially places that maybe specialize in restoring old cars. Our rubber gasket was U shaped, with a single rubber seal that goes inside the U to lock it in place. It was sold by the foot. Hope that helps! I can send you a picture if you want.
Stacy Crotser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:14 PM   #6

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
Hello,
Thank you Donna D.
I will have to take the rear window out and disassemble all of the parts so that I can view the crossections or profiles. I was hoping to avoid going about it in that order since once it is out, it can not be put back without the acquisition of replacement parts.
I wish I had access to the maker's supplier list so that I could know who manufactured the window and its spec's.
I have the Trimlok catalogue now. I used another trim brand on the Burro's ridgeline, but will replace it with a Trimlok product which I think will hold better.
Thanks again.
TTYL
I would NOT take the window out, until you have replacement parts...I can validate the challenge of keeping your trailer dry WITHOUT your window...and yes, ours are still leaking. When I find more cash, I am going to take trailer and all to a car window repair shop...I would imagine they probably will be better than I in finding those gaskets. I was able to reuse the back gasket, but its not a perfect fit, and it DOES need to be replaced.

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:33 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler
Mitchel, I'm not sure in how much of a hurry you are in, but in the next several weeks we will be replacing the front seal (we did the back) and I can send you a cross section if you like.
Stacy Crotser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:27 PM   #8

Hello Stacey Crotser,
Thank you for your assistance.
I would like to see that cross-section and any other pieces that you can show.
I was hoping to get a seal that is preformed to fit the openning rather than having to be mated and or glued at a seam. I may have to go that way.
I definitely am interested in seeing the old piece.
Mitchell
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 PM   #9

Name: Trevor
Trailer: burro 13'
Utah
Registry
if anyone out there is looking for the window trim for older burrow campers. IVE FOUND IT! after hours of searching i came across a website that has it. i have been reading many different forums on here of people looking for it and figured i would spread the word
1/8" Glass Glazing Bead H110-754
as for resealing your windows. the best way to do it is completely remove your windows, clean off all the old putty tape/ adhesives on your camper and window frame with a putty knife and SOS pads for the alluminum window frame (a little work with the sos pads and your alluminum frame will shine like new. no need for replacing). remove your camper windows from the frames and clean them as well (be carefull not to scratch them). when reinstalling the windows. go buy a tube of polyurithane window sealant. its what they use to put car windows in. lay your window frame on flat ground after it has been cleaned and scrubbed and apply a small bead around the frame where the window sits. (a small bead will do the trick as this stuff is very sticky.) gently set your windows in the frame and lightly press in the edges just enough to where the bead has made good contact with the window. it doesnt have to goo out onto the front of your window all it needs is enought to see a sealed edge around the window. gently flip the window frame and re insert the rubber window molding. (if properly cleaned and set in hot water the shrunken window mold will return to its original size with a little bit of stretching before reapplying. giving it a slight pull it will feel as if there are knuckles popping inside the rubber as it regains its elasticity.) after you have the molding in place take a dry disposable rag, flip over the window and clean along the inside edge where the polyurithane has gooped out on the window with every stroke you will need to use a clean edge to wipe away the excess. let the windows sit for 24 hours before reinstalling onto the camper. use butyl tape instead of putty tape to reseal the windows to the camper. remove excess putty around the edges once tightened in and vuala! your windows will not leak for at LEAST another 20 to 30 years
trophymuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:52 AM   #10

Name: Eric and Sharon
Trailer: Burro
Ohio
Registry
Thanks Trevor for posting this info. In the process or the reno.
Eric Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro