Widebody Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 12:54 PM   #1

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Widebody Burro

Vintage 1989 Burro Fiberglass Camper
Old 09-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #2

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Ad has been flagged... possibly a scam.
Old 09-08-2016, 05:14 PM   #3

Name: Don
Trailer: 1989 Burro
Tennessee
Mike,

Thank you for posting our 1989 Burro. It is not a scam. We had a bad experience with a disgruntled buyer who is now flagging our CL ads. Here is a link to the video. https://youtu.be/cPpAaAP0Ng0. The ad in Knoxville has not been flagged yet and that is where the camper is. Vintage 1989 Burro Fiberglass Camper. Again, thank you posting.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:51 PM   #4
LQC

Name: Linda
Trailer: currently shopping
Tennessee
Burro

The buyers were not "disgruntled" but frustrated with the seller as he wanted cash up front and did not have a proper title to sell his camper. The title is now in the mail to the seller, but still wanted cash first, and then mail the title to the buyers. There is a lot more to this situation, but the bottom line is : No title, no cash.
Old 09-08-2016, 08:52 PM   #5

Tennessee
Disgruntled Buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQC View Post
The buyers were not "disgruntled" but frustrated with the seller as he wanted cash up front and did not have a proper title to sell his camper. The title is now in the mail to the seller, but still wanted cash first, and then mail the title to the buyers. There is a lot more to this situation, but the bottom line is : No title, no cash.
If anyone is interested in our camper please be assured that we have a clean title. Also, I will not ask you to pay for the camper until you examine the title. By the same token please don't expect to take the camper until it's fully paid for.

Linda fails to mention that I delivered the camper to her a distance of 125 miles and two hours driving time with no expectation of any compensation for the delivery. She fails to mention that I left the camper in her possession returning to Knoxville without full payment. She failed to mention that my wife baby sat her two dogs for an hour while she made up her mind. She failed to mention that upon delivery of Camper I discovered that the battery was dead whereby I promptly drove her husband in my vehicle 6 miles to Advanced Auto where I bought a new deep cycle battery for them. She fails to mention that I drove back to Unicoi (125 miles) a second time to sit down and try work things out. They were perfectly happy with possession of the camper and my $10,000 dollars. I was not happy with $500. and my camper in someone else's possession. When I decided that I should take the camper until I received the new title that's when I was accused of not trusting them. I believe that these are good people. Things just got out of hand and we couldn't work it out. They will probably be OK to deal with if you have a camper that works. However, I won't sit by and allow my character to be impugned by the suggestion that I advertised I had clear title when I didn't. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:06 AM   #6

Name: Jeff
Trailer: In the Market
Maryland
Very nice little camper Don, I'm sure it will make someone very happy!
Old 09-09-2016, 07:10 AM   #7

Tennessee
Thanks Jeff. We love the eggs!
Old 09-09-2016, 08:20 AM   #8
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Since this Burro is also advertised on FiberglassRV.com, I am closing this thread and directing any further discussion to Vintage 1989 Fiberglass TT For Sale.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Closed Thread

Tags
burro