Trillium: Sag and Goucho Questions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Washington
Trillium: Sag and Goucho Questions

I'm fairly new here and just purchased a 1974 Trillium 1300 from a member of this forum. By the way, I live in WA and bought in BC and used some of the threads here as a guide to buying a used rv in Canada and it went off with out a hitch so Thanks!!

The wheels are spinning and I'm starting to plan some renovations. One of the things I'm planning is building a shelf above the dinette. As I began looking at the layout I noticed that there is a pronounced lean to the kitchen cabinets. The bottom section leans back toward the outer shell and the top cabinets lean in towards the interior. Since the bottom section is molded into the seating, I'm assuming its meant to be that way. I also measured from the floor to the top of the closet and it matches the measurement to the top of the kitchen cabinets (~70in). My question is, how do you tell if anything is out of alignment? Just want to be sure all is well before I start adding anything to it.

The second question is about the goucho. A previous owner took out all of the hardware for it so all that remains are some holes from the hinge and the indents in the fiberglass seat for the posts. Is there a Trillium owner out there who would be willing to give me some measurements and maybe some pics of the setup? I would appreciate it. Also, if anyone has the parts, I would be interested in purchasing them instead of building it myself.

Thanks much,

Kevin
kjcranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:38 PM   #2

Name: chris
Trailer: 1976 13' trillium
British Columbia
I have the plywood backrest that becomes the top bunk if you want that? I live in Langley BC. It's easy to make everything else with simple hardware like a long piano hinge.

Chris
chris loewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:07 PM   #3

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Washington
I'm definitely interested but not sure if it's worth shipping something that big across the border. Can I hit you up next time I'm up North? If you still have it by then I would buy it from you.
kjcranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #4

Name: chris
Trailer: 1976 13' trillium
British Columbia
Oh no problem. Just let me know when you might be in the Vancouver area. You definitely don't need to buy it from me. You can have it. I'll make sure I keep it out of the rain and double check that it is still worth having.
chris loewen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium