Newer model Bigfoot Quality - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #41

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacenturion View Post
As far as tow vehicles for trailer hauling, I went a different route. After downsizing from an 09' Bigfoot motor home and purchasing an 08' 30th Anniversary Bigfoot 25B25FB, I opted to not go the new vehicle high dollar route.

I hunt and fish and need a 4 wheel drive vehicle for those times during the year. Also needed something with power to tow a boat and another utility trailer I use for a UTV. While we had the motor home, I looked and found a pristine used 2002 Ford Excursion Limited Ultra with the old reliable 7.3 Powerstroke diesel. Had 126k on the odometer. Just broken in. Had all the options available and four rear captain seats as well which I preferred. As a reference, the cost new loaded in 2002 was right at $54k.

When we made the change from the motor home to trailer, I already had a vehicle that would serve us well. Almost 70% less than a brand new truck with everything I needed in an utility vehicle. It's a beast. No cat convertor on these rigs. Great economy and more power than I would ever need. Hills do not exist. Going downhill is a pleasure. In my opinion the perfect vehicle with as much inside storage as a pickup offers. In addition I can easily afford maintaining the Excursion compared to the expenditure of a new vehicle.

I only throw that out there as an alternative to someone debating on tow vehicles, costs and possible alternatives. Although 7.3 Excursions from 2000 to 2003 are going up in price getting harder to find in excellent shape, they are out there.
Try and find any 2000 vehicle up here in the Northern rust belt that’s in excellent shape
I see 7 and 8 year old trucks everyday that are full of rust holes
I have purchased several used vehicles in my day and all I did was purchase some one else’s problems . As I quickly approach 70 the idea of saving a few bucks buying a used vehicle has lost its’ luster
We currently own a 2014 vehicle with 60,000 miles on the odometer , I will never see it roll over to 70,000 miles . We are planing a long trip next year and we will be towing our trailer with a brand new truck but to each their own .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 05:19 PM   #42

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Obviously where you're located they use plenty of roadway salt. Not where I'm at out in Washington state. Preventive maintenance is far more important than miles. When I was a young man, 100k miles was like way over the hill. Not so much today. However I never buy anything, car, boat, motor home used without spending an extra $100-$150 to have it checked out completely at a certified dealer. Has always been cheap insurance.

I also tend to keep rigs for quite awhile. That's sure way to maximize one's investment. Had a custom 1994 Ford Centurion 3/4 ton four door bronco that I bought after the original owner had put 30k on it. That was 1997. Sold it in 2017, mainly because I just wanted a diesel. Only had 118k on it. Mechanically perfect. I guess my point is, if one is diligent when it comes to service, vehicles are like the energizer bunny.....just keep going.

Interesting saying about 7.3 Power stokes. Everything around them will fall apart before that engine will. A friend of mine has a 2000 with a 7.3 that appears nearly new. Has almost 500k on it. Just recently replaced the tranny even though it was still ok.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #43

NW Wisconsin
Does anyone know if Bigfoot is still in business ?
I have sent them three E-Mail inquiries and left a voice mail over a two week period and have not recieved a response .
Seems strange if they really want to sell trailers but then again none of the FG trailer manufacturers are good at answering the phone
Doesn’t bode well when you need warranty service!
Old 12-22-2018, 09:48 AM   #44

Name: Russ
Trailer: 2020 25 RQ
British Columbia
They most certainly are...in fact with the opportunity to buy new we have planned a tour of the Bigfoot facility in early January. I have been communicating with Grant @ Bigfoot for the last month or so....asking every question that comes to mind and receiving prompt responses.

"bigfoot@bigfootrv.com" This is the email I have been using.
Russ Foster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:51 AM   #45

Name: Bruce & Kathryn
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
North Carolina
Yup, bigfoot@bigfootrv.com is always answered promptly for me, evenings and weekends included.
Bruce Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #46

Trailer: 2004 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Whenever I have a question about my Bigfoot. I email and leave a phone number. I get a call from Grant himself usually in less than half an hour.
Mike Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:06 PM   #47

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Olive View Post
Yup, bigfoot@bigfootrv.com is always answered promptly for me, evenings and weekends included.
I have sent a few queries myself over time and found Grant to be very quick at responding.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 05:52 PM   #48

NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Foster View Post
They most certainly are...in fact with the opportunity to buy new we have planned a tour of the Bigfoot facility in early January. I have been communicating with Grant @ Bigfoot for the last month or so....asking every question that comes to mind and receiving prompt responses.

"bigfoot@bigfootrv.com" This is the email I have been using.
I will give that E-Mail address a try when we return home after Christmas
Thank You
Old 12-27-2018, 07:03 AM   #49

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
AThiker

We use a 3/4 ton chevy duramax.
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 07:11 AM   #50

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
Grant

Diddo on communicating with Grant, he always responds quickly. Maybe they actually took a real Christmas break this year!
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:10 AM   #51

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Just bought a 2019 BF 25RQ. I was on the BOCI forum and asked a specific and detailed question of the members and within hours got a response back from a Grant B. I asked a couple more questions and again got quick responses from Grant B. Even then I thought maybe it was a PR guy from BF. Nope, it is the top man himself. Very impressive.

I just hope they don't get bought out like Escape did.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot