EggCamper Kit buildout - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #21

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
Very interesting. In the Before picture of your shower floor

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...st&id=16180

What's the small rectangular hole in the shell?
If you are talking about the shiny rectangle near the center of the picture it is a piece of tape holding the wiring for the running lights. That has been removed and all running light wiring is now in black wire loom.
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 08:49 AM   #22

Trailer: Compact Jr
Exclamation

Quote:
If you are talking about the shiny rectangle near the center of the picture it is a piece of tape holding the wiring for the running lights. That has been removed and all running light wiring is now in black wire loom.

Oops.
Steve Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:19 AM   #23

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Oops.
Don't let it get to you Steve, I wondered what the "hole" was for too.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #24

Trailer: Trillium
Great job and interesting project. Year in the planning?

Don
d_wildemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 11:14 PM   #25

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
Great job and interesting project. Year in the planning?

Don
Don

This project has been decades in the planning. I've always wanted to build my own camper but had put it off and bought something to "tide me over" until I had the time. I've owned a motor home, several pop-up tent type campers, a few stickie camp trailers and a camper conversion on a Bronco.

Over the years I made a list of all the things I would do if I built my own. Once I decided on a molded fiberglass design I started looking for a manufacturer who would sell a shell. Burro used to sell a "kit" but they are out of business so that was a dead end. When I contacted other manufacturers I was told that it would be "difficult" to get a non-standard configuration. I finally had some luck with Jim Palmer at EggCamper. He gave me a quote for a "hollow egg" and after several more conversations I put down a deposit and set a date to pick up my new toy. I picked it up on October 15th of '07 and have been tinkering ever since.

I've taken pictures of many other steps in construction that I need to post along with a narrative but haven't had the time lately. Work keeps getting in the way of the fun of building (and documenting). I've also taken a couple of camping trips to enjoy the not quite finished camper. Of course that gives me more ideas for things to do to improve it.

Will the project ever be finished?

Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 04:33 PM   #26

Name: John
Trailer: Currently Shopping
California
If we get an egg camper I wanted a larger refrigerator such as the Truckfridge or the larger Norcold. The problem is that looking at the pictures the wheel well may get in the way. The Truckfridge FL130 is 29 ½" h x 20 ¼" w x 20 ¾" d but I don't know if the depth includes the door or if it's from the mounting flange.

I still like to have room above the fridge for the cooktop which as you know takes about 3.5" but I don't know how tall the counter is. If it's the standard kitchen height of 36" then it should work. It all depends if the TF130 will clear the wheel well.

What's the dimensions of the large closet next to the door? Is it very deep in the shallowest part? It sure would be cool if it was big enough for the FL1130 to fit in.

How tall is the area from the top of the galley to the bottom of the cabinets directly above?

Still trying to find out how tall and wide the area where the A/C goes is. I'm assuming its about 23" deep.

I've got an e-mail in to Jim about a Kit although I'd go with one where none of the cutouts on the front of the galley are done so I can finish that off my self and there is enough room to add some additional wiring.

I'm thinking about adding Solar with SmartBattries. I can get 4 times the amp hours for the same weight as AGM batteries.

BTW, what AC/DC distribution panel does Jim use?
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper