PURCHASED!! Looking for Bigfoot or Trillium 17' - 18' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #1

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
PURCHASED!! Looking for Bigfoot or Trillium 17' - 18'

We're looking for either a Bigfoot 17 or a Trillium 18 up to 8 hours drive from Seattle and under $12K. Prefer A/C but not a deal breaker.

Thanks!

Trailer-less Alan
Old 09-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #2

Name: Carole
Trailer: Bigfoot
Colorado
Bigfoot 17.5

I have a 2005 17.5 ft Bigfoot for sale in Colorado under $12,000.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:00 PM   #3

Washington
Registry
Hi, Carole.

Thanks for the reply. Although Colorado is quite a bit further than we had in mind, for the right trailer and price we would be open to considering it. Can you be more specific about where you are and do you have pictures and any additional information like equipment, layout, condition, etc?

Trailer-less Alan
Old 09-15-2014, 07:07 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'm not looking for Bigfoots but I'm watching for Trilliums, and if you're interested in a 18ft 5500 there is one for sale in Alberta right now. Probably more than 8 hours from Seattle though. If it wasn't like 40 hours away from here I would look it up.

1980 Trillium 5500 - 17 Foot | travel trailers, campers | St. Albert | Kijiji

Carl
Old 09-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadhead517 View Post
We're looking for either a Bigfoot 17 or a Trillium 18 up to 8 hours drive from Seattle and under $12K. Prefer A/C but not a deal breaker.

Thanks!

Trailer-less Alan
There are BigFoot 17' trailers and there are BigFoot 17.5' trailers and they are very different trailers.

The 17.5' is newer, bigger (duh), a lot heavier, and usually has a much higher value/price than the 17' coach. I "think" that the 17.5' also had the four seasons insulation option available. I'm sure someone will chime in with the year break-in and other differences.

To me anyway, the substantial heavier weight of the 17.5' could be a deal breaker depending on the tow vehicle being used.

Be sure you know what you are looking for and looking at.....

Old 09-15-2014, 07:59 AM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Quote:

Thanks!

Trailer-less Alan
Would you please post some pictures of your Bigfoot? I would like to see the inside?
Thanks,

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else! Yogi Berra
Old 09-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #7

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Carl, They are looking for a Bigfoot, or Trillium, they don't have a Bigfoot.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #8

Name: Carl
Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Carl, They are looking for a Bigfoot, or Trillium, they don't have a Bigfoot.
David,
Carole said she had a Bigfoot for sale. I hope she will post some pictures.
Thanks, David, I know the thread was looking to purchase a camper.
Thanks,

If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else! Yogi Berra
Old 09-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #9

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
There are BigFoot 17' trailers and there are BigFoot 17.5' trailers and they are very different trailers.

The 17.5' is newer, bigger (duh), a lot heavier, and usually has a much higher value/price than the 17' coach. I "think" that the 17.5' also had the four seasons insulation option available. I'm sure someone will chime in with the year break-in and other differences.

To me anyway, the substantial heavier weight of the 17.5' could be a deal breaker depending on the tow vehicle being used.

Be sure you know what you are looking for and looking at.....

Thanks, Bob. We have a Tahoe so any of the above is within our towing envelope. I favor somewhat larger as we also have a large dog.

Trailer-less Alan
Old 09-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #10

Colorado
Quote:
Hi, Carole.

Thanks for the reply. Although Colorado is quite a bit further than we had in mind, for the right trailer and price we would be open to considering it. Can you be more specific about where you are and do you have pictures and any additional information like equipment, layout, condition, etc?

Trailer-less Alan
My Bigfoot is a 2005 17.5G. It has a 11,000 BTU air conditioner, furnace (not sure about BTUs), heated and enclosed tanks, AMFM CD player, battery disconnect switch, 3 burner stove with bifold cover, double 30 lb tanks, thermal windows, spare tire and carrier, roof rack with ladder, hidden TV antenna, microwave, awning, brand new refrigerator, temp controlled Fantastic in bathroom, 2 100 watt solar panels, plus all standard equipment. New tires purchased in 2013 with Bering Buddies for easy lubrication.
I live in the Denver, Colorado area but go to Mesquite, Nevada in the winter.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:24 AM   #11

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut501 View Post
Would you please post some pictures of your Bigfoot? I would like to see the inside?
Thanks,
I have pictures of my Bigfoot on my IPad but I don't know how to download them to this site.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:55 PM   #12
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I have pictures of my Bigfoot on my IPad but I don't know how to download them to this site.
Load the iPad app. Once you get to this thread you can tap in the upper right to reply. Go to advanced to post your pictures. Raz
Old 09-22-2014, 02:06 PM   #13

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Or you can post them by clicking on the Go Advanced button below the text entry box.

Then click on the Paper clip that is on the top tool bar. It should be clear from that point on as to how to post the photos.
Old 09-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #14
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Or you can post them by clicking on the Go Advanced button below the text entry box.

Then click on the Paper clip that is on the top tool bar. It should be clear from that point on as to how to post the photos.
That doesn't work with my iPad but mine is a 2 1/2 years old first gen, an archaic relic to be sure. Raz
Old 09-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #15

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
I find with my ipad air I can only post one picture per post for some reason.
Old 09-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #16

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
My Bigfoot is a 2005 17.5G. It has a 11,000 BTU air conditioner, furnace (not sure about BTUs), heated and enclosed tanks, AMFM CD player, battery disconnect switch, 3 burner stove with bifold cover, double 30 lb tanks, thermal windows, spare tire and carrier, roof rack with ladder, hidden TV antenna, microwave, awning, brand new refrigerator, temp controlled Fantastic in bathroom, 2 100 watt solar panels, plus all standard equipment. New tires purchased in 2013 with Bering Buddies for easy lubrication.

I live in the Denver, Colorado area but go to Mesquite, Nevada in the winter.

Sent an email with contact info. Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 11-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #17

Name: Randi
Trailer: Big foot
British Columbia
Not sure if are still interested but I have a 2005 17.5 CB Bigfoot trailer for sale in Richmond, b.c. No AC but a fantastic fan. In excellent condition. Just put on Craiglist for 14,800 Canadian....would sell for 14500 Canadian...not sure what that works out to American.....2-3 hour drive from Seattle......email if you are interested...to randi
Old 11-09-2014, 11:31 PM   #18

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgunderson View Post
Not sure if are still interested but I have a 2005 17.5 CB Bigfoot trailer for sale in Richmond, b.c. No AC but a fantastic fan. In excellent condition. Just put on Craiglist for 14,800 Canadian....would sell for 14500 Canadian...not sure what that works out to American.....2-3 hour drive from Seattle......email if you are interested...to randi

Thanks, but we just got back from picking up the one we bought. Don't know why anyone would get rid of one, but that's just a new owner talking I suppose. Best of luck to you.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:13 AM   #19

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
We need pictures of your new to you trailer. What did you get?
Old 11-10-2014, 07:24 PM   #20

Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
We need pictures of your new to you trailer. What did you get?

We purchased a 2005 Bigfoot 17.5G. There's a photo I posted on the "Hi I'm new" forum, parked outside the Camping World in Spokane, WA. We picked it up in Idaho and spent 6 days on a maiden (for us!) voyage just taking a leisurely return trip to Western WA. It has it all including 2 solar panels. The PO already had it winterized so we took a huge leap of faith on that but everything looks like new. She took wonderful care of it. Now I need to wade through all the manuals. Good winter reading! And I can jump into absorbing the very polarized discussion on towing with propane on or off since the fridge is only propane or 120v. The Tahoe definitely knew it was there from the weight, but the weight distribution and sway control hitch made it rock solid. We are so looking forward to enjoying it and are planning on meeting everyone who comes to the Columbia (Maryhill?) next May if not sooner.

Tags
bigfoot, trillium