New Northern Lite Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2007, 01:26 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I was actually looking at slide-in campers but noticed that Northern Lite has introduced a new 16' trailer, 1980 lbs. There isn't much information yet but what's there is at http://www.northern-lite.com/.
Eric Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #2

Trailer: TrailManor (Gone to the Darkside)
Can't see the front from that photo - but I'd assume that they are bringing back the hybrid trailer they used to make. The front folded down to make a double bed. I believe we have pics of the old one in the albums.

mkw

Actually - the specs on their www site don't mention a second bed, so maybe not... Too bad. I always thought that was a good idea.
Mike Watters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 PM   #3

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
It looks very nice. I'd be interested in knowing the price.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:43 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Wow. Someone actually took a hint!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:08 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
This looks promising for those looking for another option - thanks for the tip, Eric.

I suspect that Northern Lite may be filling back in the market for something like the earlier Bigfoot 17', now that Bigfoot has gone up in size and weight. The Northern Lite is a narrow-body (like a Scamp, Casita, or Escape) and angular (like recent Bigfoot designs, unlike Escape). The specs show available "thermal pane" windows, so I wonder what their insulation is, and if they have other cold-weather features available, such as insulated and heated tanks.

I picked up some Northern Lite truck camper information last year, and noticed that their construction method uses a plywood splice strip to join the shells. I can't say I'm enthused about this method (or the chopper-gun layup), but it may work fine. I do appreciate their efforts to share information and explain their construction.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:33 PM   #6

Trailer: 2000 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe ('Millenium Eggloo')
I'm really disappointed.........have been talking with a senior rep of the company at the RV shows for the last 3 years. I got the impression he would be building something in the 19 to 21 ft range.

Knowing their product line this is probably a very well built unit, but it is going to bite them back with a bed that is only 49" wide. A 54" bed is why Casita sells so many units and why the Trillium 4500 is probably the most in demand of the older trailers.

Wish them luck with this, but I hope they have something a little bigger in the offing!
Charlie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:33 AM   #7

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Nice looking trailer but I agree about the bigger bed. They didn't get that right. I wish there were interior pictures.

Tags
northern lite