Windows, windows, windows - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2016, 09:26 PM   #21

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Google micromesh for aircraft windows.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:43 AM   #22

Name: stefan
Trailer: 76 Trillium 1300
Waterloo, Ontario
I would personally recommend Novus polish products.

https://www.novuspolish.com/

I use Novus 2 a lot to clean plastics on all my pinball machines and even on the playfields. Most of the plastics I am cleaning are non replaceable (or at least not easily) and Novus does an excellent job. It takes dull, yellowed, dirty plastics of any kind and makes them look perfect or nearly perfect. I usually use Novus 2 to start and then finish with a wipe of Novus 1. I have never had to use Novus 3, as none of the scratches have ever been that deep. If you ask anyone that owns a pinball machine it is the only thing they use because it will not damage the piece you are working in.

Note - a lot of elbow grease is required. A buffer might be in order for such a large surface like a window.

I don't find the Novus products that hard to find but I am usually ordering pinball parts anyway. I believe the products to be readily available on Amazon. They are not cheap but they do work.

stef
stefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:15 AM   #23

Name: Kent
Trailer: 1974 1300 Boler
Manitoba
Novus 2 is an excellent product for polishing plastics and plexiglass, I also use it for my pinball machine plastics.

But, I would start with a power buffer (with a foam pad) and a good quality automotive polish (not Turtle wax) for the plexi windows. After that, you could use Novus 2 for the finish polish if needed.
Old 02-10-2016, 11:22 AM   #24

Name: Sylvio
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cereal View Post
My old windows have those little very bright horizontal lines in them. They look like they are deep and I'm not sure they'll go away. What do you guys think?
There seems to be somewhat of a consensus on polishing... But what about those small, bright, deep horizontal lines? Do they mean that it's pointless to try or, au contraire, that it's worth a shot?
Uncle Cereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #25

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Sylvio, I know when we had a Boler we tried lots of products inluding Novus but discovered our plexiglass looked liked it was almost delaminating inside. There were lots of lines inside that would not come out regardless of what we used on the outside surfaces. Sorry I don't have a picture but if that is what you have they won't polish out. You will know when you start polishing as the outside will be sparkling clear but the 'inside' scratches renain.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, windows