1974 Boler Resto. Oops, I did it again... - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2013, 08:28 PM   #161

Name: Slavomir
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Washington
LED lights

Robert,

What intensity LED lights did you use for under the cabinetry? Totally new to me and I have no idea what will be sufficient. I'm looking at some options at superbrightleds.com, particularly this light, and wondering if it would be good to have a 2-3 of these above the stove/sink and the front/back hanging cabinets. Just not sure what kind of lumens to go with so we have plenty of light if needed. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Slav
slavandheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #162

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Try these, They worked fine and are easier to install.
ULITE series Round LED Accent Light | LED Light Modules | Accent Lighting | Super Bright LEDs
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #163
Commercial Member

Trailer: 1988 Scamp 13 ft and 1982 Perris Pacer 13 ft
Registry
Thanks, folks.

Slav, your link shows exactly the fixture I have been using. As to how many? I used three across the entire front cabinet. Seems to be plenty for us. But, yo'll have to see what YOU like...

As to the other offered option, it is quite a bit smaller and less powerful (but cheaper!) than your choice.
Robert Johans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #164

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johans View Post
Thanks, folks.

Slav, your link shows exactly the fixture I have been using. As to how many? I used three across the entire front cabinet. Seems to be plenty for us. But, yo'll have to see what YOU like...

As to the other offered option, it is quite a bit smaller and less powerful (but cheaper!) than your choice.
Awesome, thanks Robert. I think we will give the nice ones a shot. Since everything is being done from scratch, I want it all to look good and work well for us.
slavandheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #165

Name: Chris
Trailer: Scamp 16
New Hampshire
Beautiful craftsmanship! I've gone so far as building my own home speakers but I don't think I could ever create such artwork. I love it!
chuyler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #166

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johans View Post
The countertop is comprised of four components, each of which can be removed separately, as necessary. The surface is a laminate from WilsonArt, and the cooktop/sink is from SMEV (now Dometic).
where can I buy that sink/stove combo? What is it worth? Their website is awful. No online buying option and all of the links anywhere near Saskatchewan, Canada are not helpful. If I can find the place that sells them I may be able to get them to ship it to me.

thanks!
tnt65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #167

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnt65 View Post
where can I buy that sink/stove combo? What is it worth? Their website is awful. No online buying option and all of the links anywhere near Saskatchewan, Canada are not helpful. If I can find the place that sells them I may be able to get them to ship it to me.

thanks!
We got our SMEV here.

Slav
Old 10-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #168

Name: Tom
Trailer: scamp
Michigan
1 egg over easy...
ThomKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #169

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 1975 13' Boler
British Columbia
Hi again Robert,
I have been trying to find information in your past posts about how you adhere the Reflectix to the fiberglass hull (no luck). Could you please let me know what product you use and any helpful tips that you've discovered through experience on attaching the Reflectix.

Many thanks!
Shanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #170

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanos View Post
Hi again Robert,
I have been trying to find information in your past posts about how you adhere the Reflectix to the fiberglass hull (no luck). Could you please let me know what product you use and any helpful tips that you've discovered through experience on attaching the Reflectix.

Many thanks!
Hey there, look in post #85 of this thread. He used Weldwood contact cement. You should be able to pick it up in a well stocked home improvement store.

Slav
Old 03-03-2014, 10:06 AM   #171
Commercial Member

Registry
Right!
Old 02-23-2015, 10:32 AM   #172

British Columbia
Hi Robert,
I was just going through this thread again, getting inspired for my Boler restoration and had a few questions regarding your electrical system. You chose a 12V/120V refrigerator...have you been happy with this choice (versus a 3-way fridge)? How is it on power usage? I am looking into purchasing a Nova Kool fridge. Would you mind sharing what type of battery you chose and the make/model of the battery monitor and convertor you use? Lastly, I see that you store your battery inside the trailer. Any safety concerns (battery acid, ventilation, battery explosion)?
Thank you so much for sharing, in such detail, all of the great work you do with these old trailers!
Shannon
Old 02-23-2015, 10:44 AM   #173
Commercial Member

Registry
Hello Shannon,

Yes, I prefer the all-electric NovaKools myself. They work well and require NO big cut-outs through the shell body for venting. As to batteries, I recommend buying the best you can afford. Two 6-volts is even a better way to go... I prefer AGM batteries because there is no maintenance or gassing. But, I've recently discovered that any battery inside your cabin should be contained and ventilated.

I like the Progressive Dynamics converters (you don't need a big one) and a battery monitor by Bogart Engineering. I'm also keen on the solar power options from Zamp Solar.

Good luck,
Old 02-23-2015, 09:51 PM   #174

British Columbia
Thanks so much for your speedy response and sharing that info! If you discover any battery containers that you like, would you mind sharing that? If I find a good source, I’ll post that in the forum.

Hope everything is going well with your Nest Caravan project!
Old 04-25-2015, 11:01 PM   #175

Name: Joe
Trailer: 1973 13' Boler
Ontario
Hello Robert, I noticed you glued the reflectix to what looked like a painted surface. Any issues with bonding over time?

Cheers
Keaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:30 AM   #176
Commercial Member

Registry
Keaner,
Not sure what you're seeing but, nope... no paint on the inner fiberglass walls. The old ensolite was scraped clean as well as possible, then contact cement (applied to both insulation and walls) glued the Reflectix into place. Unlike 3M Super90 or the like, contact cement is not adversely affected by high temps.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 AM   #177
Commercial Member

Registry
Ooops! Sorry Keaner... I am now reminded of the paint to which you refer. (I got my projects mixed up!) That was done by the previous owner, and given all of the other body work with this rebuild, I had forgotten.

As you can read in this thread, because the original assembly joints were in such poor condition, the entire shell body was disassembled and then rebuilt. Much of the "paint" was ground away to allow clean areas for the new fiberglass seams and patches, etc.

Nevertheless, there are still areas of "clean" paint that did indeed get covered by the Reflectix. However, we have had no problems with adhesion.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:40 PM   #178

Name: Brent
Trailer: Boler
Montana
Hey Robert,

Great work. I am curious what type of wood you used for this build? Also, in an earlier post, you had some gray material for framing, what is that? When you are building this out, did you have to worry about weight? Any info you ca provide would sure help.

Brent
JBrent223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:27 AM   #179

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Robert has not posted in awhile, I just checked Nest website, it is up and running.NEST Caravans
Hoping him much success.

Tags
boler