FGRV as Play room/ Guest room - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Smile FGRV as Play room/ Guest room

When the Kidling was little, we had a playroom each spring, summer and fall, as he and his buddies could play Lego or later Dungeons and Dragons in the Boler or have a sleepover with movies (on the laptop, with the speakers), and always snacks or chips and pop in the fridge. And a lav. Boys!

A few summers ago, we had an elegant guest room, with its own reading lamps, radio, lights, heat source, fridge, closet and lav. A happy visiting mother-in-law even had her own kitchen and a happy daughter-in-law was pleased to have a Boler in the carport.

My mom says, when she visits, stuff about fresh fish and relatives and three days. His mom, in the Boler that summer, was like a nice smoked salmon. Sweet and salty, good for nice a long time. After a week, we said, no stay; after two weeks, we said, no stay; about halfway through the next week she left and we were all so pleased with the nice long visit.

Right now, we have a Dream Bachelor Pad. Imagine you are a teenage boy, still young enough to inspire older women to hand you five bucks cash upon sight, for no reason, really; yet old enough to gallantly volunteer to camp out in the TT and give grandpa his (miraculously cleaned!) room.

Now imagine your first ever girlfriend, she slim and strong, and you, there, cuddling on the plaid dinette bench, watchin' comedies on your very own laptop, with the iced tea chilling and nacho chips and me politely knocking before entering. Every so often.

Kinda makes you wonder why there isn't a Boler in every driveway! People! Don't you realize what this can mean to you?! I mean, plus camping.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
AMEN to that!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Love it!
Old 09-18-2010, 11:51 AM   #4

Name: Jesse
Trailer: 1984 Scamp 13'
Maryland
Good post, Charlynn! We are brand-new to FGRVing, but we have had a class A RV. We used it as a guest room on a number of occasions. About two years ago, I even slept out there while my wife hosted a bachelorette party. I was happy to have my "guest room" that night!

We plan to use the Scamp the same way. Another feature, of course, is that it works in reverse: When visiting friends or relatives, we can bring our FGRV along and "camp" in their driveway. That way, they don't have to clean up their guest room before and after we stay, and we don't need to lug all of our "junk" into and back out of their house. It makes for a more comfortable visit.
mcbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Smile Totally

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrew View Post
Good post, Charlynn! We are brand-new to FGRVing, but we have had a class A RV. We used it as a guest room on a number of occasions. About two years ago, I even slept out there while my wife hosted a bachelorette party. I was happy to have my "guest room" that night!

We plan to use the Scamp the same way. Another feature, of course, is that it works in reverse: When visiting friends or relatives, we can bring our FGRV along and "camp" in their driveway. That way, they don't have to clean up their guest room before and after we stay, and we don't need to lug all of our "junk" into and back out of their house. It makes for a more comfortable visit.
----

Thanks for that, I hear you!

It's kinda funny when the relatives ASSUME you can't wait to jump into their basement spare room, when you have just towed your DELUXE accommodation across the country. Deluxe meaning -- you have everything you want -- and nothing you don't.
CharlynnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:43 AM   #6

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy This has a Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlynnT View Post
It's kinda funny when the relatives ASSUME...
... that your trailer will always be available for THEM to use in YOUR backyard... to visit your community, but not necessarily YOU.

I guess I get a little jealous when THEY are using it more than I am.

Tags
play–pac