Scamp tail liters and dead battery - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2015, 02:20 PM   #1

Scamp tail liters and dead battery

Scamp 13- My battery was losing its charge (don't know why) and then on my trip home my tail lites (brakes, signal,lights) stopped working, are they connected. Does the battery actually power tail lites. Or does it sound like I have a short in my system.
rmartin057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
The power for all your running lights comes from the tow vehicle. You may have a loose connection, corrosion or bad ground at the plug.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:33 PM   #3

Thanks will check that out
rmartin057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:13 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin057 View Post
Scamp 13- My battery was losing its charge (don't know why) and then on my trip home my tail lites (brakes, signal,lights) stopped working, are they connected. Does the battery actually power tail lites. Or does it sound like I have a short in my system.
If your TV is wired like mine??? The Scamp Battery and TV battery are connected together through the wire that runs from the tow battery to the trailer battery. There should be a fuse in that wire near the TV battery.

But, your scamp's tail,stop and turn signal lights are powered only from the TV's rear lamp wiring. And, it requires a ground wire circuit, not just a frame ground, as the Scamp lamps are mounted on fiberglass. A bad ground could be the cullprit./wc
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, scamp