Awning for 78 Trillium - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2016, 09:26 AM   #1

Name: Joshua
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Michigan
Awning for 78 Trillium

Hello there!

I just introduced myself on the Hi I am page, but I have a general question. Where should I look to purchase an awning for my 78 trillium 1300?

It does still have the rail attached to the trailer in good condition, I really like the ARB type awning for off road use because it is self contained without the real need for guy wires. Does anyone have pictures of a non standard awning on their trailer? I am trying to figure out how I would attach to the current rail without having to drill any new holes. Thanks for any information.

Josh
b63215b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 07:16 PM   #2

Name: Clayton
Trailer: 1975 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Hi Josh, I installed a Shady Boy awning last summer on my Trillium. It is awesome - super easy to set up and take down plus no need for poles or guy wires yet. It is a great awning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1477703791.582844.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	100856

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Clayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:17 PM   #3

Name: Greg
Trailer: 2008 Casita 17' SD
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton View Post
Hi Josh, I installed a Shady Boy awning last summer on my Trillium. It is awesome - super easy to set up and take down plus no need for poles or guy wires yet. It is a great awning.

Attachment 100856

Without any ground anchoring, at least from what I can make out from your picture, it doesn't look like it would have much protection from getting torn up if the wind catches it.
Casita Greg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #4

Michigan
Quote:

Attachment 100856

I like the look, and in theory looks really nice, but I'd be concerned about the wind ripping it off the rail. Have you had any issues with the wind?
Old 10-29-2016, 01:00 PM   #5

Alberta
Registry
Greg, I do have the optional poles and guy wires for the awning. I have set it up at home with them but while out camping have not used them. The actual fabric of the awning is held up by fiberglass tent poles that mount into the alloy base that is mounted to the trailer. The structure is surprisingly strong. There are ropes that attach near the front of the awning and attach at the side of the trailer frame. This stops wind from coming up under the awning and flipping it over. Also if the wind pushes the awning down from above it will return back to it's position almost instantly.

Check out the companies website:

www.shadyboy.com

Old 10-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #6

Michigan
Quote:
Greg, I do have the optional poles and guy wires for the awning. I have set it up at home with them but while out camping have not used them. The actual fabric of the awning is held up by fiberglass tent poles that mount into the alloy base that is mounted to the trailer. The structure is surprisingly strong. There are ropes that attach near the front of the awning and attach at the side of the trailer frame. This stops wind from coming up under the awning and flipping it over. Also if the wind pushes the awning down from above it will return back to it's position almost instantly.

Check out the companies website:

www.shadyboy.com

I will look into them, knowing that they are strong now. Quick question does the set up fit in the existing rail attached on my trillium already?
Old 10-30-2016, 11:06 AM   #7

Alberta
Registry
It will not fit in your existing rail. You will need to use the brackets supplied by Shady Boy.

Tags
awning, trillium