Boler sink won't drain - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2016, 09:44 AM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Boler sink won't drain

Do others have this problem with thier sinks that use the simple single hose drain?
Being a plumber I know there is a need of a vent for a sink to drain properly but was wondering if anyone has done this in a way that looks good on a FG unit.
I don't have room for one of those pop-vents under sink in the 1300 due to the converter and furnace.
Any good looking ways to handle this probelm
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Gerry, seems to me someone else had the same problem and found the tube was kinked pretty bad.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #3

No kink in tube but I do remember that one of the pop-up's that the campground, I worked at, had the same problem and I had to intall a tee in the drain line and I ran a hose up the outside of the tent under the flap to let air into the line and it worked.
It worked but not a very handsom fix...
Maybe some rigid CPVC tube running up the outside of the camper somehow would work.
I hesitate to have an open vent under cabinet if I run the hose into the sewer hook up in campground because of the sewer gas and odor.
Old 11-26-2016, 04:26 PM   #4

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Having had about every sink configuration, I have yet to see a drain problem which wasn't due to a kink or an obstruction.
If you have a gray tank,see that it is vented. The ones which drain to the outside into a closed container must also have a vent in the container.
no other vent in the system is needed.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:15 AM   #5

hmmm maybe I'm to fussy and just have to wait the 15 minutes for my sink to drain?
Old 11-27-2016, 08:43 AM   #6

Ah ha...I just got in and after adding a tee to the outside where the trapless hose comes out of the wall and a stand pipe up a bit above the rim of the sink level...it went down like a charm....
Thanks for all the help but now I want to make it look good by doing it all up with some rigid CPVC going into the Tee and out into the hose that goes into the sewer.
Old 11-27-2016, 03:02 PM   #7

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
You only need a vent in the line if at some point in the line the liquid has to run uphill i.e. a trap or a valley in the line. As long as the entire run is down hill it will drain fine. Many years ago an old plumber told me ' you only need to know two things to be a plumber - water will not run uphill and payday is Friday'.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #8

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
And also coming from a family if plumbers

" it aint all water"

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler