Lil Snoozy Propane Furnace Installation - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2014, 12:07 PM   #41

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg489 View Post
Almost 4 hour drive. Over 200 miles.
I had to travel 2000 miles one way. Greg to answer your PM, I don't know how to attach my pictures there, but here is a shot of both sides. The windows can be ordered in any size you desire.
Dave & Paula
Attached Thumbnails
photo 2_5.JPG   photo 4_3.JPG  

David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:03 PM   #42

Name: Greg
Trailer: Just looking
NC
Nice ~ very nice! I'm going to inquire on those Monday when Richard calls. Thanks for posting them.
G
Old 09-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #43

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Quote:
easy drive
Old 09-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #44

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
In the world of used Fiberglass trailers that a very short drive.

I had to go 500 miles one way and into a different country to look at and buy mine
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #45

Name: Greg
Trailer: Just looking
NC
You guys are right ~ Not far at all ~ if I had the time that is. This is the busy time of year for me and my work. My customers want their work done NOW! which usually means weekend hours When I mention Lil Snoozy they think I'm referring to sleep, which in my case is true
Old 10-12-2014, 12:26 PM   #46

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
Mine is for sale also. It is #15 and is a 2010. It has surge DISC brakes and lots of factory options and upgrades. It also has lots of my customization like cabinet modifications, shelves, led lights,bike rack receiver and more. I will post this week on this site, lilsnoozyowners and Craigslist.Price includes a Honda EU2000i generator with less than 3 hrs on it, a Bal Jac leveler, and a rv cover. First $17500 takes it. 843-670-1771. Happy Trails
Gleam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #47

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Those covers will keep the leaves and junk out. I just spend 20 minutes cleaning up that area on my brother's trailer that I'm rewiring at the moment.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:43 AM   #48

Name: Brad
Trailer: Scamp
British Columbia
Hi Denny. I am installing the same model in my Scamp 16 and have run into a snag which you address. I didn't realize I needed a regulator for the unit. You mention a camco regulator, would you mind giving me the model number? Also, the copper line I'm tapping into is 3/8 and it looks like the brass fittings that come with the propex are for 1/4 inch. Does the regulator work as a reducer to bring the 2 different size lines together? The only option I can come up with so far (in my small town) involves a system with 3 compression fittings witch is not ideal (or even legal in BC where I live). Can you please give me a full breakdown on how and what girt I ng you used to tie into your 3/8 line so I can order the same parts online? Very much appreciated if you could. Many thanks. BRAD.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
brad j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #49

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad j View Post
Hi Denny. I am installing the same model in my Scamp 16 and have run into a snag which you address. I didn't realize I needed a regulator for the unit. You mention a camco regulator, would you mind giving me the model number? Also, the copper line I'm tapping into is 3/8 and it looks like the brass fittings that come with the propex are for 1/4 inch. Does the regulator work as a reducer to bring the 2 different size lines together? The only option I can come up with so far (in my small town) involves a system with 3 compression fittings witch is not ideal (or even legal in BC where I live). Can you please give me a full breakdown on how and what girt I ng you used to tie into your 3/8 line so I can order the same parts online? Very much appreciated if you could. Many thanks. BRAD.

Brad are you saying that your Scamp does not have a regulator at the propane tank? If your running any propane appliances it really should have one! Easy to buy any RV repair shop will have them as do on line shops. I think even Canadian Tire or Wally World have them in their RV section.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:02 AM   #50

British Columbia
Hi Carol. There is a regulator at the propane tank but it seemed, in reading Denny's post, that he may have put in another reugulator. I'm thinking to account account for the reduction to a 1/4 in line. What I know about gas can be written on the back of a matchbook so I'm not sure. I do know that getting my Metric fitted heater to talk to my Imperial measured lines seems to make the gas guy's (here) head want to explode. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult....?
Old 05-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #51

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad j View Post
I do know that getting my Metric fitted heater to talk to my Imperial measured lines seems to make the gas guy's (here) head want to explode. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult....?
LOL welcome to the world of owing an American made trailer (that the builder is not building with the understanding that it may need repairs one day outside of the USA) in a Country such as Canada that joined the rest of the industrial world and went metric long ago!

I have found that often the **** langue coming from the mouth of party attempting to do what ever repair on the trailer will end once you tell them the trailer was built in the USA or they may just start laughing harder

Your gas fitter may be to young to even know about imperial and as such the issue would not be clear to him until some old guy in the shop points it out They should able to order such a fitting or maybe not.... may be a law against that as well.

I have had a couple of situations come up in regards to the Scamp build specs here in Canada. One was when I went to buy a simple wheel hub cover from a local Dexter dealer. Walked in with the old one that was badly beaten up and told them the make and size of axle on my trailer and they handed me 2 nice new covers. I held them up to the old one and they looked to be the same. Went home and tried to install them - not a chance. Went back to the shop and told them I was having a problem getting them on and asked if they were sure they were the correct covers. Yes they are correct - only ones we carry for that size Dexter axle - as they double check the parts number on the package. "Just get a rubber malt and a board and bang them on harder " ... .ok.... as I had already tried that I took them home and put callipers on them - a very slight difference in size and no matter how hard I had banged away on them they were not going to ever go on or if they did they probable would not have stayed on!

The following week I was in the US so stopped at a small axle shop and they were kind enough to give me the correct imperial sized covers and I picked up a spare while at it! They gave them to me (no cash involved) in exchange for the metric ones I had. They said they often have Canadian trailers stopping in for repairs and were running low on stock !
Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #52

Name: Denny
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
Lil Snoozy Propane Furnace Installation

Here's the Amazon link to the regulator I used. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I added the propane system just for the furnace. I would imagine any existing installation would already have a regulator close to the tank. IIRC the furnace operates on the common pressure but I don't remember what that is.

The regulator doesn't have anything to do with changing tubing diameter. I imagine you will need to cut into your existing line and add a T fitting where two ports fit your cut line and one fits the new 1/4 line to the furnace.

My heater came with a special fitting that took the 1/4 NPT copper tube fitting and screwed onto the (BST?) port in the furnace.

Denny Wolfe
Wanderingourway.wordpress.com
MCDenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #53

Michigan
By the way, I just refilled the propane tank after 13 months and about 20 nights of use. Note we don't camp where it is really cold. Our heater use is for nights with lows from high 30s to low 50s.

Denny Wolfe
www.wanderingourway.wordpress.com
Old 05-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #54

British Columbia
Many thanks. That's the kind d of camping we will likely plan with it. Thanks for the great write ups and quick replies Denny and Carol. I've ordered a British adapter and should be able to finish it next week.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #55

Name: Christian
Trailer: Escape 2017, 17B
Florida
Just wondering, can you tell me the specs on your solar power system, e.g. panels, batteries, etc, and your fridge? I want to do boondocking, but want food to stay fresh. Thanks.

Sent from my C6530N using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Christian in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 05:25 PM   #56

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa in FL View Post
Just wondering, can you tell me the specs on your solar power system, e.g. panels, batteries, etc, and your fridge? I want to do boondocking, but want food to stay fresh. Thanks.

Here is what we used.
TruckFridge Model: TF130 - Fits most Volvo 770
Renogy 100w monocrystaline semi-flexible solar panels
http://www.amazon.com/Renogy®-Monocr...enogy+100+watt
We use a 4D battery, but have also done ok with a group 27 battery.
Dave & Paula
Old 05-14-2015, 09:04 PM   #57

Florida
Thanks David, that's very helpful information.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:13 PM   #58

Michigan
We have the same fridge and panel, Xantrex C12 controller, two 6V Trojan T105 batteries.

Denny Wolfe
Wanderingourway.wordpress.com
Old 05-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #59

Florida
McDenny, David, can you make ice with your solar/battery setup?

Old 05-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #60

Arizona
Registry
The Truckfridge does have a small freezer compartment and it comes with a small icecube tray.
Dave & Paula

Tags
furnace, lil snoozy, propane