1979 Beachcomber, Sydney, Nova Scotia - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #21

Name: JIM
Trailer: Trillium 1300 1975
Nova Scotia
I went to the Fox Mountain egg fest. It was great, about 70 vintage fiberglass trailers. Fine people and got tons of ideas. No Beachcombers though. My Trillium will be ready for next years get together in PEI. My Beachcomber the following year. Jim.
sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:50 AM   #22

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeBreton View Post
Interior almost complete....just need to reinstall the closet door.
It looks quite wonderful!!!
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:21 AM   #23

Name: Bill
Trailer: Beachcomber
Nova Scotia
The Beachcomber was not far from Fox Mountain; we were in Kempt Shore at the acoustical musical festival last weekend. We had planned to take a run to Fox Mountain at some point but ended up having too good of a time in Kempt Shore. Maybe there will be two Beachcombers next year!
CapeBreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:22 AM   #24

Nova Scotia
Thanks!
Old 01-04-2017, 12:27 PM   #25

Name: Peter
Ontario
Bill great looking trailer!
I'm actually purchasing a Beachcomber B15, 1979. I have not yet actually been inside one and I was wondering what the interior height was - floor to ceiling?
henfrynhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:38 PM   #26

Nova Scotia
Hi Peter,

Thanks. I still have some work to do to the outside of it; I plan to recreate the original striping this summer.

I cannot give you an exact height, since it is all wrapped up in the back yard, and now has snow covering it; however, to give you some idea, I am 5'11" and I have no problem standing up in it, but there is not much room left above my head (maybe 2" or 3").

Bill
Old 06-08-2017, 04:08 AM   #27

Nova Scotia
Beachcomber

Hello, wondering if you could check the tire size on your Beachcomber. My 75 has 14 in. car tires on it and I want to install 205 14 in ST tires and rims. Not sure if they would work in the wheel well. The car tires are badly crackedand can,t take it on the road. Thanks, Jim in N.S.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:14 AM   #28

Nova Scotia
I have ST205/75R14 on mine.

Bill
Old 06-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #29

Nova Scotia
Beachcomber Tires

Thanks Bill, I have 185 65r 14 in. car tires on mine that came with my 79 Beachcomber.They are badly cracked and I can,t take it on the road with them. I was going to put on st205x14 but I didn,t think they would clear the wheel wells. But I guess they do. Will pick some up. Thanks for the help, Jim.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #30

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Beachcomber TM15
New Brunswick
Beachcomber Floor

sorry wrong post
Shawn L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:46 PM   #31

New Brunswick
Good afternoon Bill. I live in Sussex NB and we bought a TM15 last year. We have the original plywood floor out. It was rotten and in pieces. I am wondering what you used as a replacement floor in your camper. Was it 3/4 plywood?

Thank you Shawn
Old 06-06-2018, 02:04 PM   #32

Nova Scotia
Sawn, We have not started our renovations yet on the Beachcomber. Thinking of maybe selling it as we are in the middle of renovating our Trillium. Thanks, Jim (Sawyer)
Old 06-07-2018, 04:41 AM   #33

New Brunswick
Thanks Jim (Sawyer). The Trilliums are a nice camper, we looked at one in our search, just could not settle on a price. Good luck on your renos in your camper. Shawn
Old 07-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #34

Name: Dollard
New Brunswick
Registry
Hello Shawn, nice to here there's another Beachcomber in NB. I'm in Saint Antoine NB. I bought my 1979 Beachcomber TM15 around 2009. My floor is gone and I have to replaced it too. The rest seems to be in good shape. I haven't used it due to the mold on the floor. Its been washed but never took a chance. Everybody is doing their own, is there a professional place to take them...I don't have a work shop. Hope to meet you camping some day.
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #35

New Brunswick
Hi Bear..

Good to hear from you. It would be great to meet up I agree, nice to have a TM15 so close. We are in Sussex so not too far away.

I am not aware of any shops that specialize in new floors for in these campers. We just finished laying new tongue and grove 3/4 plywood in ours. recommend you take out all the benches, front and back as well as the rear support wall. NOTE: we did not remove the closet, sink of fridge and stove as the floor under them was not rotted.

We replaced the flooring in sections. I laid one main section in the middle of the floor from the joint in the floor on the fridge/stove wall to the back of the trailer. Then we pieced the bathroom and behind the passenger side wheel well. Then I pieced in the section in front of the door and finally the piece in the front under where the front bench/sofa sits. I glued the tongue and grooves.

Next is to install all new bolts through the frame supports up through the bottom pan of the trailer and through the floor, pulling all three together.

We picked up stick down vinyl floor (click look alike) from Home Depot. So far so good but be careful. These trailers are put together with a lot of staples. Take your time. We also got a thin, 1/8 sheet of veneer plywood for replacement sheets in the walls. I had two pieces of 2x3 that I have to put in the wall.

Next week we paint inside and start the re assembly. Yes we took pictures, will try to get them uploaded sometime, but busy now cleaning the frame and painting that. Just installed new electric brakes form Princess Auto.

We are taking all vents etc. out and reinstalling with new butyl tape.

If you have any questions ask away, any help I can give I would be happy to offer what we have learned.

Shawn

Tags
beachcomber