RV Repair in NE recommendations please - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #1

Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Registry
RV Repair in NE recommendations please

I know we are supposed to be doing most of the work ourselves, but some of us know when we are lacking the right skill sets and are willing to pay for the work.

I have an 84 U-Haul CT. I would like to have the old iron pipes removed and replaced with up to date pipes so that I can feel safe about using the stove. The original set up included a heater, fridge, and stove. Now only the stove is still there. The pipes look okay on the outside, and I have used the stove since I bought it but have only camped in it a handful of times so far.

I am seeking recommendations for an RV repair place in New England/Northeast that you have had good luck with and are willing to work on our beloved fiberglass trailers.

I adore the U-Haul group on facebook, but this time I need to reach out to a bigger community. Thanks for your time.

Sharon
Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 10:59 AM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
Gas lines

The black iron pipe is the same pipe we use in canada for naturel gas or ng in western canada these lines have been runing ower homes for at least 100 years .I have replaced lots of copper lines for rock damage or rust .But not iron / steal lines .You may want to have an rv shop run a gass sinfer over to give you pice of mind .Happy Trails
MAP 56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:25 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
I sent you a PM about doing the job. Did you get the message?
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 04:07 PM   #4

Name: Ray & Jane
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
We have taken our 2000 Scamp to Dufours RV in Fitchburg, MA at least twice, and have been very pleased with their work. Their phone is (978) 345-6047
Jane D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:35 PM   #5

Name: Sharon
Trailer: UHaul
Massachusetts
Registry
Thank you for three excellent suggestions. I am sorry to be late responding, I was out of the house all day. Gerry I did get your pm and thank you. I will write tomorrow. No rush on my part, I am just thinking ahead for the spring.
Sharon D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 08:38 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
black pipe

I bet that black pipe is a standard length any handyman or plumber should be able to replce it for you if needed. in my scamper I can see where it comes in and the trail it takes to the stove.

you should only have on or 2 joints get yourself some soapy water and spray around with the gas on. I doubt if you see any leaks!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #7

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
The Home Depot in N. Conway will cut and thread pipe for you. Just inspect the thread after they do it. I was doing gas install projects on 5 cabins and had all my pipe cut custom sizes but the cutter for the 3/4 inch pipe had a bad tooth so the thread wasn't any good. I saw it before too many were cut. and they got another cutter.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco