1975 Boler Complete Restoration....my once in a lifetime project! - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2020, 09:12 AM   #161

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 1975 13' Boler
British Columbia
Some "before" pics of the interior. There was MUCH filling, sanding, filling, sanding.... I was going to do a section at a time when building the cabinets but I thought I'd make a big mess once, get the plywood all sealed up and get the really yucky job done! Now I can just enjoy building cabinets and making everything look nice!! Should have it painted by the end of the week. Stay tuned for the "after" photos
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0529.jpg   IMG_0532.jpg  

IMG_0533.jpg   IMG_0534.jpg  

Shanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:10 AM   #162

British Columbia
Ok....the "after" photos. Painting the interior is the last of the big, often tedious, jobs!! It is now a blank slate, ready for cabinets which is the fun part!! It's been a long road to get to this point.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg   4.jpg  

Old 06-25-2020, 07:16 AM   #163

British Columbia
Installation of the galley cabinet. Drawer fronts and cabinet doors to add after the electrical work which will be next week!
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   2.jpg  

3.jpg  
Old 06-25-2020, 07:26 AM   #164

British Columbia
And the closet...doors to be made and installed. Next step is to run all of the wiring for the fixtures, shore power and battery charger....next week!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0580.jpg   IMG_0583.jpg  

Old 06-25-2020, 07:31 AM   #165

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
One of the best rebuilds on the site IMO!!
All the adjectives I know have been said, keep it up!
Thank you for taking the time to share the pictures and story with us.
Fred
Old 06-25-2020, 09:11 AM   #166

British Columbia
Hi Fred, thank you for your very kind words!! Not to be immodest, but now that I'm at this point, I look at my Boler and I have to pinch myself! It's so much more than I originally envisioned! And, you're welcome! I'm happy to share my project
Old 06-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #167

Name: patrick
Trailer: perris pacer
California
Hello Shanos
That looks awesome and it’s encouraging. We have a 74 Perris Pacer that we have gutted and now I’m struggling with what to do on interior surfaces. What is that on your walls? Is there a layer of insulation? Where will you run electrical stuff if this is the final surface? So many questions. Your cabinets are great. I will be doing the same as ours were thrashed.
Can’t wait to see the rest .
Oldskater68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:19 AM   #168

British Columbia
Hi Patrick, happy to answer your "lots of questions"!
If you go back to page 3 of my thread, that's where the posts about the insulation and wall covering begins. I have 1" "ribs" made up of 4 layers of bending plywood with spray foam insulation between them. On top of that I glued pieces of 3 mm bending plywood called Lite Ply cut and fit (see pages 6 and 7). This was a tremendous amount of work! Before I put the "ribs" in I glued lengths of flexible conduit with "junction boxes" at each end to run electrical wire after the paneling was up (see posts 60 and 61). This is what I'm doing right now and it's worked very well! I'll post some pics once I'm finished working with my friend who is an electrician.
You should also look at the threads by Robert Johans. He's done some renovations from bare shells (1974 Boler Resto. Oops, I did it again...) He glues Reflectix on the shell for insulation and uses blocks to attach cabinets. He uses a fabric on top of the Reflectix. You can check the details in my post as to why I didn't end of doing that. Robert also renovated a Perris Pacer...see 1982 Perris Pacer Renovation
I hope that helps Patrick!
Cheers,
Shannon
Old 01-29-2021, 05:18 PM   #169

British Columbia
Wow...it's been a while since I've posted. I've taken a little break from my Boler but have been working with my electrician friend installing the 12 and 120V electrical systems. Way more complicated than I every thought but super happy with the results. I chose Redarc's battery manager system to control re-charging and monitoring my batteries. It will charge from either 120V, 12 volt from my car when driving or from solar panels (later addition). It's a pricier charger but it does everything and makes it pretty simple!! Left room at the bottom of my closet...
Attached Thumbnails
Redarc 1.jpg   Redarc 2.jpg  

Old 01-29-2021, 05:29 PM   #170

British Columbia
There was way more wires than I ever thought would be required so there was some "tidying up" to do! Here's some "before and after" shots. I used split wire loom and made some "junction boxes" when there were wires travelling in more than one direction. Protects all the wiring and looks neat and tidy.
Attached Thumbnails
wiring 1.jpg   wiring 2.jpg  

Old 01-29-2021, 05:39 PM   #171

Name: Rob
Trailer: 1975 Triple E Surfside
Alberta
Registry
Nice work ! I like tidy stuff.. I'm now working on trailer number three.. A surf Side.. Wood cabinets like you are doing
Old 01-29-2021, 05:43 PM   #172

British Columbia
After much research and consideration, I decided to go with lithium iron phosphate batteries. I didn't want to worry about maintaining flooded cell batteries, I could install them inside the trailer taking some weight off the tongue and could get longer usage from them without worrying about discharging them too deeply. They are much more convenient and you pay for convenience! Battleborn batteries come with a great warranty so I expect I'll enjoy these for a long time! I'm only doing this once!!
I made battery boxes to protect the batteries and anyone from accidentally touching the two terminals.
Attached Thumbnails
battery 1.jpg   Battery 2.jpg  

battery 3.jpg   battery 4.jpg  

Old 01-29-2021, 05:46 PM   #173

British Columbia
Rear of the trailer is now ready for the lockers which will support a permanent bed, storage accessed by the side baggage doors and a small fresh water tank at the rear. I've started on those and will be getting through the remaining cabinetry over the next few months in anticipation of a camping summer!!
Attached Thumbnails
battery 5.jpg  
Old 01-29-2021, 05:55 PM   #174

British Columbia
My other addition was to build a front window cover. I had the unhappy experience of finding the front window inside the trailer when we were towing it back from a road trip this past summer!! I guess the wind pressure was too great for the gasket holding the front window in place. It was a "no harm, no foul" situation and was solved by a cover. No problems on the next road trip! I used Lexan so I could still see through the trailer at traffic behind me...works well. I ordered the stainless steel window gravel guard hardware from Camping Treasures.com so no worries about rust in the future.
Attached Thumbnails
gravel gaurd 1.jpg   gravel guard 2.jpg  

Old 01-29-2021, 05:58 PM   #175

British Columbia
And...running lights on and interior lights for the first time was pretty fun!!
Attached Thumbnails
lights 1.jpg   lights 2.jpg  

lights 3.jpg  
Old 01-29-2021, 06:03 PM   #176

British Columbia
Hi Rob, Thanks! I like things neat and tidy as well. Wow...trailer #3...I've only got one in me!!
Old 01-29-2021, 09:53 PM   #177

Name: Bob
Trailer: Boler 1300
British Columbia
Registry
Looking great Shannon!! Nice to see the progress.

bobdobqb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:57 PM   #178

British Columbia
Thanks Bob!
Old 01-30-2021, 06:33 PM   #179

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry