Lake Casitas, Ventura County, CA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 06:38 PM   #1

Name: Matthew
Trailer: Casita
California
Lake Casitas, Ventura County, CA

Hey folks! Here's a video I made about Lake Casitas Recreation Area just a few miles outside the tiny town of Ojai, in Ventura County. It is a private campground and it's a giant operation. Lots of camping options and some really beautiful campsites, along with a huge lake for boating, a store and a restaurant . My favorite area to camp is the Fox campground, followed by bass. Camping in the tent areas is cheaper but can get insanely loud and crowded on the weekends. Enjoy the vid!

Old 06-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #2

Name: George
Trailer: In the market
New Mexico
Great video! Looks like the perfect place to unwind and untangle your brain, which is what this whole business is all about, right? Thanks for sharing.
George in New Mex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #3

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2008 Casita 13'
Washington
Really enjoy your videos. I have a 13' Patriot Deluxe also, and travel with my partner, our dog and cat...between Washington state and SoCal (Palm Desert) yearly. It can get a bit snug, but it's a perfect size so we can pull over just about anywhere on our travels. After seeing your videos, we plan on checking some of those spots out once we're back down there...gotta see the MASH site! Please keep them coming:-)
Dale in SW WA. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:26 PM   #4

Name: MEX BOB
Trailer: Perris pacer
California
Awesome ! Keep up the good work ! I live in Oxnard ! And never new of the Mash site ! I'll make a point to check it out ! ��
mexbob5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:21 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Super video.

There is usually a yearly egg gathering at Lake Casitas at the end of October every year. I went two years and had a nice time. We usually all try to get in the Bass section. It is pretty there. If you have a bike, it's fun to tour the camp and good exercise. Ojai, a nice little town, is nearby and and Santa Barbara is worth a day too.
Alice L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:58 AM   #6

Name: Matthew
Trailer: Casita
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by George in New Mex View Post
Great video! Looks like the perfect place to unwind and untangle your brain, which is what this whole business is all about, right? Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, George! Yep, it's an excellent place to unwind... and that's definitely what it's about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale in SW WA. View Post
Really enjoy your videos. I have a 13' Patriot Deluxe also, and travel with my partner, our dog and cat...between Washington state and SoCal (Palm Desert) yearly. It can get a bit snug, but it's a perfect size so we can pull over just about anywhere on our travels. After seeing your videos, we plan on checking some of those spots out once we're back down there...gotta see the MASH site! Please keep them coming:-)
Thanks Dale! I can imagine the Patriot is a little snug with the two of you and the dog! But, yes, it sure is the perfect tow size. Really glad you enjoyed the vids... great to hear they've been helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexbob5150 View Post
Awesome ! Keep up the good work ! I live in Oxnard ! And never new of the Mash site ! I'll make a point to check it out ! ��
Very cool! It's a great little hike and the park is beautiful. It can get pretty hot, though... bring a lot of water! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice L View Post
Super video.

There is usually a yearly egg gathering at Lake Casitas at the end of October every year. I went two years and had a nice time. We usually all try to get in the Bass section. It is pretty there. If you have a bike, it's fun to tour the camp and good exercise. Ojai, a nice little town, is nearby and and Santa Barbara is worth a day too.
Thanks, Alice! I love Ojai... it's one of my favorite towns. I was going to include some shots of it in the video but I didn't have time! There's a smaller, less scenic campground called Camp Comfort basically right there in Ojai... I may pay it a visit at some point. Santa Barbara is also really great.... and there are a few excellent food choices in Ventura, as well.

Glad you all liked the vid! More on the way!

Tags
casita, ventura