Oliver 20 grand price point - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-17-2009, 10:03 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
I don't get it! I look at the interior photos (of the OPliver 20ft) and it looks like the exact same layout as my 17ft Spirit Deluxe Casita (2004). Where is the added footage? You end up with what...a longer "hallway"? Help me here! Not that I would spend $30,000 on this but where is the advantage to having more weight and longer outside and dual axels? Happy Trails! KokomoJoe
From what I have been reading on other forums, the rear (climb over bed) is King size, the hallway is wider, they have an extra closet halfway down.
But the price and weight go up considerably weight and price are similar numbers for loaded units $45,000+ and 5000+ pounds. And yes the layout is the same as the Casita 17' just a wee bit larger.
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #22

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita
It is a beautiful trailer. But I agree, rather pricey for me. Escape's new 19' is as nice and less expensive.
Randya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #23

Too HEAVY also, to safely pull something that weight a full size P/U is required.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #24

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I am with Joe. What do you get in the extra 4 foot?

It looks like the bathroom is much larger. Is it that most of the standard lay out is just "Larger"?
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:08 PM   #25

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
It looks good to me from the outside. The interior still reminds me of an examination room in the ER. Too much white and glass. Also feel I wouldn't pay that much for that "small" of a trailer. Whatever floats your boat. JMHO.......jc
Jerry Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:43 PM   #26

I have been thinking today about the price of this trailer and came to the conclusion that a person could buy a 19' Escape and still have money left over for a brand new tow vehicle for the difference. And in 10 years both trailers will likely be worth the same or take the difference and invest the $ and in 10 years sell the Escape and withdraw the funds and buy another new trailer
Old 01-17-2009, 05:07 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Trailer: 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Here's the Oliver 22 Elite's standard feature and options list and MSRP of $42,999.

elite_22.pdf
brian m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:09 PM   #28

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp ('Dacha' Russian summer house) / 2006 Tacoma V6
Quote:
Here's the Oliver 22 Elite's standard feature and options list and MSRP of $42,999.
It needs two comfortable captain's chairs at the dinette. Those seats are too high and have vertical backs.
jim munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #29

spec sheet for the sport model is up I see. starting at 23 grand with no a/c... Bummer was hoping for lower price.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #30

Wow
Old 01-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #31

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Quote:
I am with Joe. What do you get in the extra 4 foot?

It looks like the bathroom is much larger. Is it that most of the standard lay out is just "Larger"?
Gina -
I think that the added footage is taken up with a little more elbow room in the bathroom, the kitchen is a little bit longer with actual counter space which the Casita Spirit is lacking. Unfortunately there's a notebook covering the work area in this picture.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0445.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	17554

Across from the additional space in the kitchen, there's a cabinet that is accessed from the outside that is the battery compartment. It's holds four batteries. Above the battery compartment, there is a storage cabinet that begins at about waist high to the "soffit." The cabinet has wire shelves in it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0443.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	17555

The bed is longer and I would assume wider since the trailer is wider. That would be my guess for the added length.
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #32

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Rita')
Hey,

We ran into the crew pulling the 22 foot Oliver and the 17 foot, on their way to Quartzsite. It was the day after they had finished the 22 footer.
They were in Tucumcari, NM. We had been out to buy, (gasp) a 5th wheel Shadow Cruiser. At least the nose is fiberglass! We sold our lovely Rita Casita to some nice folks from Bisbee AZ, who drove to Arkansas to get her. Alas, I decided it was time for more room.
Across the road I spied the 2 units! What are those?? I noticed the larger unit particularly. So, inquiring minds want to know! We drove over there and introduced ourselves, met Jim Oliver and the crew, and found out where they were heading. Got a tour of the 22 footer. Wow.
I seem to remember they told us it weighed 4100 lbs. Was all shiny and pretty. Fiberglass really so nice.
The factory is in Hohenwald, Tenn., which is where my husband was living when we met many years ago now. I am from Columbia, about 40 miles away. So we were interested because of the close proximity of our home stomping grounds.
Evidently they left right after finishing it, and drove all night to be in NM the time we spotted them.
We were quite enchanted to see them, and felt like we had met a celebrity. I had seen on the web site the beginnings of the new unit. Great to actually see it finished.
Betty L.
Betty L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #33

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
I wonder if they could get away from that "operating room" interior look by using a tinted gelcoat... make it beige or blue or something. Maybe that's an option they could offer. I mean, unless there is there some reason why it has to be white. (I remember touring the Harvestore (farm) silo manufacturing plant years ago, the reason they are blue is because cobalt was needed to help fuse the glass coating to the steel plates.)
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #34

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I wonder if they could get away from that "operating room" interior look by using a tinted gelcoat... make it beige or blue or something. Maybe that's an option they could offer.
They already do. I saw the black one at the Oregon Gathering this past summer... named "the Black Pearl" and I guess they've got a red one at the Quartzite gathering. These are both 17 footers, but the gelcoat is the same for either size. It's not unusual for fiberglass hotrod bodies to come in gray, black or red. But if those were the only colors available, I'd stick with white and really color it up on the inside with curtains, rugs, and upholstery...none of the typically blah RV interiors
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #35

Trailer: Oliver
Quote:
Hey,

We ran into the crew pulling the 22 foot Oliver and the 17 foot, on their way to Quartzsite. It was the day after they had finished the 22 footer.
They were in Tucumcari, NM. We had been out to buy, (gasp) a 5th wheel Shadow Cruiser. At least the nose is fiberglass! We sold our lovely Rita Casita to some nice folks from Bisbee AZ, who drove to Arkansas to get her. Alas, I decided it was time for more room.
Across the road I spied the 2 units! What are those?? I noticed the larger unit particularly. So, inquiring minds want to know! We drove over there and introduced ourselves, met Jim Oliver and the crew, and found out where they were heading. Got a tour of the 22 footer. Wow.
I seem to remember they told us it weighed 4100 lbs. Was all shiny and pretty. Fiberglass really so nice.
The factory is in Hohenwald, Tenn., which is where my husband was living when we met many years ago now. I am from Columbia, about 40 miles away. So we were interested because of the close proximity of our home stomping grounds.
Evidently they left right after finishing it, and drove all night to be in NM the time we spotted them.
We were quite enchanted to see them, and felt like we had met a celebrity. I had seen on the web site the beginnings of the new unit. Great to actually see it finished.
Betty L.
It was a pleasure to run into you guys in Tucumcari bringing in your Shadowcruiser. You made a good selection and she was a real beauty. Not many of those around. Hope to see you guys again and sit by a campfire some evening!
Pam Roach
Pam Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #36

Trailer: 2008 Lil Bunk 18 ft / 1975 IH Scout II
The Oliver display is located on West Kuehn Street in Quartzsite, AZ. West Kuehn is parallel to I-10 on the south side. They are just west of the pedestrian overpass. You can not miss the red Oliver on a flat bed trailer!

Take the western exit to Quartzsite (by Love's truck stop) and to east on Kuehen.

We stopped briefly and looked at the units. Quality equipment, great workmanship, friendly folks. We bought our SOB (Some Other Brand) 3 weeks ago, so we did not waste much of their time.

Edit: That is our tow vehicle - 1975 International Harvester Scout II, auto tranny, 392 CID IH engine. Works great, drinks lots of gas...
Attached Thumbnails
Red_Oliver.JPG  
Russ & Marian McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #37

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Gina's going to faint when she sees that red trailer.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #38

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Lizbeth,
I hope you'll be prepare with the smelling salts. I agree. Wish we could be there. It would be interesting if her old trailer were at Quartzsite.

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:32 AM   #39

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Burro Widebody (bought in Ohio. Drove home Spring 2009!)
Quote:
They already do. I saw the black one at the Oregon Gathering this past summer... named "the Black Pearl" and I guess they've got a red one at the Quartzite gathering.
I think both of those are 'one time' special demo units and not available for production? (tho' I guess if one has enough $$$ they might get the Oliver folk to make it any color, eh?), and also both are still white on the inside I believe? what I took M.G.'s post to mean is just a 'light' color tint on the inside to avoid the "complete white" interior look, but still white on the outside.
reinhold m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #40

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Gina's going to faint when she sees that red trailer.
It was there last year. She's seen it.
They also made a [b]Black one... to tow behind your Limo, I guess.

Tags
oliver