Oliver trailers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #1

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Oliver trailers

I was looking at the Oliver on Facebook and it looks like a really nice trailer. Does anyone know anything about them? How much do they cost?
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Here you go Marky,
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ers-58485.html
Old 09-27-2013, 07:17 AM   #3

Name: Marky
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Thanks Jim. That's what I like about FGRV. The moderators are so polite and helpful. I believe his is the best RV site on the internet.
Marky
MarkyVasquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:24 AM   #4

Name: J Mac
Trailer: 17b Escape
British Columbia
They cost twice as much as an www.escapetrailer.com .
J Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
AJB

Name: Adam
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
I cannot comprehend why a new trailer company, and a high end trailer company, would create a trailer with an interior height of only 6'1". Am I missing something? Must be a standard mould size? I don't get it.
AJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
They have never made it a secret they are billed as "luxury class" all these years and built for that demographic How tall are you Adam?
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Their website certainly isn't luxurious . It doesn't list what the trailer has for standard equipment , what options are available , there are no interior pictures ,only one outside photo, no price list, no detailed description ETC . Escape has a much better website and IMHO an equally good product
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #8

As Donna posted, they are moving to a server or lost their site content. It's in the archives if you are interested, or you can Ask Robert he is a member here
Old 09-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
AJB

Name: Adam
Trailer: Scamp
Florida
I'm just north of 6'2". Always thought 6'3" or less was about average height but I suppose not. It's frustrating finding an affordable, and apparently non affordable, egg trailer. I guess I need to shrink a little or buy an Airstream .
AJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #10

eggcamper says 6'7" tall interior but cant remember if they offer propane. Didnt know if that was important to you or not.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:54 AM   #11

NW Wisconsin
The average male in the U.S. according to government statistics is 69.9 " in height . At 74" or 75" in height you are taller than the vast majority of U.S. males . Since most things are built for the average person you and I and my 6ft.5" son in law will continue to have problems due to our height . I do not believe it is a conspiracy against vertically challenged human beings
Plus if they built the trailers to accommodate people who are tall the trailer may become too tall to fit through a normal garage door thus creating another problem
Old 09-27-2013, 01:47 PM   #12

British Columbia
Oliver's Facebook page has a number of great shots of the Oliver factory and the construction of their luxury trailers.
Interesting to note the workers aren't using masks or any other personal protective equipment in the fiberglass shop.
That would not happen in Canada.
Old 09-27-2013, 01:55 PM   #13

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
That wouldn't fly in my back yard. When I grind fibreglass, I am suited up.
Attached Thumbnails
Clipboard01.jpg  
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #14

"That would not happen in Canada."

I'd bet a lot of things have gone on in Canada you don't know about
Old 09-27-2013, 02:05 PM   #15

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post

You could be right. Perhaps I was a bit hasty. What I wanted to say is, "that is illegal work practice in Canada".
Old 09-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
SRD

Name: s
Trailer: none
us
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Their website certainly isn't luxurious . It doesn't list what the trailer has for standard equipment , what options are available , there are no interior pictures ,only one outside photo, no price list, no detailed description ETC . Escape has a much better website and IMHO an equally good product
Likeness in overall appearance to a Casita aside, the Oliver is a truly unique product with features, build and amenities found on no other molded fiberglass trailer that I've seen. My hat is off to Oliver for their effort.
SRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #17

NW Wisconsin
Osha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
You could be right. Perhaps I was a bit hasty. What I wanted to say is, "that is illegal work practice in Canada".
It is also a violation of safety regulations in the US (OSHA). Unfortunately in certain geographic areas of the US and in rural area especially, OSHA is not enforced until a major accident occurs. I have attended several National Safety Counsel conventions and I soon realized that many states view job safety as unfriendly to business and an impediment to profits . In many occupations where the majority of workers are minorities or illegal aliens ,job safety is non existent .

Steve D
IBEW OSHA instructor
Old 09-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #18

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post

Well, if its a union shop you can be sure it probable wouldn't happen in Canada at least not in the last 20 years. My work took me to work outside of Canada most months (including the US and Europe). It was always a bit of a puzzle why a project in Canada would suffer from more hours of delays over "safety concern issues" vs the same project taking place pretty well any place else in the world.

One of the funnier differences in safe work place culture I have seen was between longshore workers in Vancouver and LA/Long Beach area. In Long Beach it was not uncommon to see longshore workers down in the hold of deep sea vehicle wearing only running shoes and some only had flip flops on, while discharging or loading very large steel beams (up to 40 tonnes worth at a time). In Canada not a beam would move if everyone didnt have steel toe boots on. In LA it was deemed by the workforce one day to be unsafe to discharge steel beams from a ship in the rain due to concerns it was to slippery - which was funny as the ships loaded and unloaded in the rain in Europe and BC everyday & no one ever raises a safety concern over it ..... Suspect the lack of rain gear in LA was the real issue
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mac View Post
Oliver's Facebook page has a number of great shots of the Oliver factory and the construction of their luxury trailers.
Interesting to note the workers aren't using masks or any other personal protective equipment in the fiberglass shop.
That would not happen in Canada.
As a news photographer, I took pix on construction sites with VIPs. I'd get them to hold their hard hat / safety glasses, so they were plainly in use, but doffed so we could see the subject. Did the same with cyclists and their helmets ( otherwise we'd get inundated by irate reader letters ).
And I got a letter from Workers' Compensation Board congratulating me on using a safety harness. They could see the line that obviously came from me and up the steeple roof I was shooting, so they were paying attention.
Glenn Baglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #20

British Columbia
Work Safe BC (in British Columbia) is set up so that the onus of work site safety is on the Employer. Employers must instruct and educate the Workers at the Employers expense. All work related business must comply with WSBC regulation. This works to the advantage of both Worker and Employer. Workers sign off on all WSBC procedures. That way, the Employer is not to blame should the Worker get hurt.

Tags
oliver